Jesus Lying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dad of 3

Sep 17, 2006
In my travels, I was told by a non-Christian that Jesus said he wasn't going to a fair or festival, and then went anyway, making him a liar.

This doesn't ring a bell at all (I also don't know where it is) and I know there's an explanation. Did he deliberately misinterpret the text?

gumby

May 29, 2009
You ask that non christian person where the particuler passage of jesus lying was in there, he he wont be able to find it because it was never written that jesus lied matter a fact jesus is perfect and hasnt commited any sin and will remain perfect for eternity tell your freind that.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

rob

Sep 2, 2009
In my travels, I was told by a non-Christian that Jesus said he wasn't going to a fair or festival, and then went anyway, making him a liar.

This doesn't ring a bell at all (I also don't know where it is) and I know there's an explanation. Did he deliberately misinterpret the text?

It could be that the writer is referring to a passage in John 7:8, where Jesus said, "I am not going up to this feast, because My time has not yet been fulfilled".
Then in verse 10 we are told that, "He (Jesus) Himself also went up, not openly, but as it were in secret".

Please read the whole passage in John (7:8-11)

It could be that the writer is referring to a passage in John 7:8, where Jesus said, "I am not going up to this feast, because My time has not yet been fulfilled".
Then in verse 10 we are told that, "He (Jesus) Himself also went up, not openly, but as it were in secret".

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

Also, a good thing to point out is Jesus said,,, "I go not up YET" Because it wasn't his time at that particular moment. Then he went up later, in secret.

LOL, It's amazing how our minds work. It's easy to get things ate up reading in the Kings English,, LOL,,,, All the Thee's, and Thou's,, and Therist,,,,,,

"Wherefore now I dost goest tither the store houses. Thus I bringeth much silver and gold to purchace yet more" LOL,, yep, little words like Yet, can throw everything off.