• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus is our entire Sanctification.
Do you have Him in you? Are you born again?
So, when we are "In Christ", we are as spiritually sanctified as God Himself.

= "as Jesus is.... so are the born again IN this World".

Sanctification means to be 'set apart"., and the Born again are "not of this world". They are set apart from it, based on becoming born again into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with Discipleship.
However......They are not the same.
Salvation is God offering His life to YOU as "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
This is a Gift, an = eternal gift, "The gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness"... whereby God births your spirit into His own, and by this BORN AGAIN spiritual birth, you have become a Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is your sanctification, your salvation, and your eternal life.

Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
To be redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb is to be BORN AGAIN as "made righteous".
Discipleship that follows SALVATiON....... has no effect on being "made Righteous', which is our entire sanctification, as "born again".
We are eternally "made righteous" by God through the BLOOD of JESUS....., so, we can't become more righteous,.... but we can learn to exist in perfection as a disciple, which is to have the mind of Christ = which is to walk in the Spirit.

To become "perfected" and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" as Paul teaches.... is not found by deeds. Its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again NEW CREATION,= made so by God Himself.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected understanding....
= renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and when you exist in this Right understanding = regarding who you have become "in Christ", = you are existing in the renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
That's how you live the sanctified life that is pleasing to God, and this state of revelation....to exist in it, is as Paul says....= "as many as be perfect'.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true how ever there are 3 stages to us being sanctified 1. positional ( born again/ placed into the body of Christ ) 2. progressive Changed from Glory to Glory on step at a time . ( this is the stage we are in at the present ) 3 . ultimate /final we made it home no more flesh no more sinful nature

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
true how ever there are 3 stages to us being sanctified 1. positional ( born again/ placed into the body of Christ ) 2. progressive Changed from Glory to Glory on step at a time . ( this is the stage we are in at the present ) 3 . ultimate /final we made it home no more flesh no more sinful nature

Your # 2<>#3, is only the case if you are carnal and dont continue in God's Grace to perfection, down here.

Paul said..>"as many as be PERFECT".......... and he's talking about a born again believer.

Paul said we are to attain to the "fullness of the Stature of Christ".....on THIS earth.
Down here.
So, perfected discipleship can be a reality, but it will never be for most believers, as they have one issue that keeps them in diapers, spiritually and theologically.
They have not understood the Grace of God correctly, and are still trying to stay saved, and perform for God, hoping they can go to heaven.
= See that self effort. ??????????
That is the carnal mind, trying to work out salvation, by self effort, and does not understand that Salvation was finished on the Cross for them 2000 yrs ago by the BLOOD and DEATH of JESUS..... and offered as "the GIFT of Salvation" to them, that costs them NOTHING but their Faith.

"faith is COUNTED (by God) as righteousness"
"justification BY Faith", not by works.

Gifts are "FREE".
"The GIFT of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness"

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your # 2<>#3, is only the case if you are carnal and dont continue in God's Grace to perfection, down here.
you seem to be one of these knows it all no matter what you should do a reading 1-2 is very active in our life. being sanctified comes from a relation ship with Christ. we grow /but you already know this

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our entire Sanctification.
Do you have Him in you? Are you born again?

= "as Jesus is.... so are the born again IN this World".

Sanctification means to be 'set apart"., and the Born again are "not of this world". They are set apart from it, based on becoming born again into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with Discipleship.
However......They are not the same.
Salvation is God offering His life to YOU as "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
This is a Gift, an = eternal gift, "The gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness"... whereby God births your spirit into His own, and by this BORN AGAIN spiritual birth, you have become a Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is your sanctification, your salvation, and your eternal life.

Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
To be redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb is to be BORN AGAIN as "made righteous".
Discipleship that follows SALVATiON....... has no effect on being "made Righteous', which is our entire sanctification, as "born again".
We are eternally "made righteous" by God through the BLOOD of JESUS....., so, we can't become more righteous,.... but we can learn to exist in perfection as a disciple, which is to have the mind of Christ = which is to walk in the Spirit.

To become "perfected" and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" as Paul teaches.... is not found by deeds. Its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again NEW CREATION,= made so by God Himself.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected understanding....
= renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and when you exist in this Right understanding = regarding who you have become "in Christ", = you are existing in the renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
That's how you live the sanctified life that is pleasing to God, and this state of revelation....to exist in it, is as Paul says....= "as many as be perfect'.
Jesus did give his life for many sir, but we may wonder why the Bible words it that way: Mt 26:28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many unto remission of sins.
It was because so many refuse to follow him. That ransom is available to all, but all to many reject it. So while all who are sanctified, are sanctified through the ransom of Jesus, it still only applies to those who choose to be obedient to the gospel.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you seem to be one of these knows it all no matter what

Its very important that a believer understands Paul's Doctrine, first and foremost, correctly.
You are getting there, but you're not 100% there yet, and you feel that because i gave you a gentle correction, i must be a "know it all".
Well maybe you can grow up a bit ????, and learn more from someone who can teach you beyond what you currently know.
Or, you can pretend you know it all, and sit there in that mind.
Whatever you like.
You do it.
That's on you.

So. As we are "in the time of the Gentiles", and Paul is the "Apostle to the gentiles", then..... a real teacher, and im one, is going to give you nothing but Pure Pauline Theology.
And any "teacher" in the "time of the gentiles" that is not 100% devoted to that, is to be avoided.
And anyone who tells you that they are called to teach or preach........You ask them to explain. "what is Pauline theology", and if they have no CLUE, other then to run to "wiki-pedia" and come back and try to fake it......then you get rid of them.
Thats the only and final answer.
Thats a fact, unless you want to be mislead and kept there.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well maybe you can grow up a bit ????
maybe you need grow a lot the 3 stages are very real positional saved set apart progressive work in progress were growing learning. ultimate we made it home . i dont have time give you scripture you would just reject it.. its not what you say its how you say it

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus did give his life for many

What Cross denying CULT has taught you that Jesus is only for "some"?

That's John Calvin's devil led theology.

Get away from that stuff, Robert..... as its damned.

= Galatians 1:8

Listen now....

Jesus was given to the WORLD.
John 3:16.

Jesus said. "if i be lifted up on the Cross, i will draw ALL people to me'.
See that "ALL"?
You think Jesus is lying because some cult taught you that "all" means "some"?

Listen.....That is ALL PEOPLE (the World), who exist, since the Cross was raised, including those who were long waiting for Him in : Abraham's Bosom.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
maybe you need grow

You are looking for an argument, instead of looking for sound doctrine.

Listen...

All Christians are on a path of Growth, as long as they are walking according to Paul's Doctrine.
That's not very many, actually, and that is why they don't Grow.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
i been around your kind no thanks i have my bible

If you had been around my Kind when you were first born again, you would understand Pauline Theology and what im doing with it.

The fact that you don't is not something to be proud of Ezra.

You are certainly welcome to find another Thread that fits your idea of "bible".
Np.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
your more than certainly welcome not to reply to my post

You're on my Thread.
Wake up.
And if you stay here, we are going to talk about Paul's doctrine., as i told you., as that is all i teach.
If you doubt this, then go and do a search of the 300 obo THREADS ive written on this Forum, or about that many on most other "christian" forums, and you'll find out that all i teach is : Pauline Theology.
Its what you need, as its what all Christians have to learn, if you want God to use you and if you want to master the NT and perfect your discipleship.

1st Corinthians 11:1

is talking to you, Ezra.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Cross denying CULT has taught you that Jesus is only for "some"?

That's John Calvin's devil led theology.

Get away from that stuff, Robert..... as its damned.

= Galatians 1:8

Listen now....

Jesus was given to the WORLD.
John 3:16.

Jesus said. "if i be lifted up on the Cross, i will draw ALL people to me'.
See that "ALL"?
You think Jesus is lying because some cult taught you that "all" means "some"?

Listen.....That is ALL PEOPLE (the World), who exist, since the Cross was raised, including those who were long waiting for Him in : Abraham's Bosom.
You do understand that those were not my words, but actually Jesus' words, correct? If you cannot believe his words, I certainly cannot expect you to believe mine. I guess you think he was in error when he said these words as well: Mt 7:13 Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby.
Mt 7:14 For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it.

I would like to say however, I do to a great extent hope you are right, I know I don't have the love that God has, but there are definitely some who have lived that I personally would not give salvation to. But perhaps if you are correct, after they are resurrected, maybe they will actually conform to God's ways. Most all of us have done evil things, and we would like to be forgiven. It is just that taking into account those statements from Jesus, I think there is a distinct line drawn, and those who step over that line loses out.

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. Most all of us have done evil things, and we would like to be forgiven.

Robert, the born again have been forgiven, already.

That's the Cross.

2000 yrs ago.

"God hath Made Jesus to be sin for us"........

Or as Jesus said on the Cross.....>"It is FINISHED".... The Blood Atonement........the "one time eternal sacrifice of Sin"..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is very good. I usually have a problem with how some people see this as “becoming holier and holier” rather than…well, hard for me to come up with the words. But I see #1 as a corporate covering, a blanket covering after passing through the Red Sea. #2 Learning righteousness while in the desert. #3 entering into the promised land, entering His rest.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think this is very good. I usually have a problem with how some people see this as “becoming holier and holier” r

Paul teaches that we are "made righteous"........and that happens because, "God made Jesus to become our sin" and then God gives the BELIEVER, the "Gift of Righteousness".

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is very good. I usually have a problem with how some people see this as “becoming holier and holier” rather than…well, hard for me to come up with the words. But I see #1 as a corporate covering, a blanket covering after passing through the Red Sea. #2 Learning righteousness while in the desert. #3 entering into the promised land, entering His rest.
everyone of us is a work in progress, with different levels of growth. but the fact remains were all growing in HIM

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
everyone of us is a work in progress, with different levels of growth. but the fact remains were all growing in HIM
Very good. Yes, we are all at different levels according to the Author and Finisher or our faith.

Romans 1:17
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

This has to do with the different levels of righteousness that are "revealed" to our hearts as His laws are progressively written on our hearts so all we have to do is obey our conscience. Then the Spirit writes more, and more - from glory to glory.

Philippians 3:16
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you explain the covering? What does it cover in us?