Jesus Revolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's one called "myflixer.vc" You could try that...I don't know about international availability. But if it works in Canada, it should work in the UK.
I had to laugh when you said ‘ it works in Canada so it must work in the U.K. ………..oh If it was that simple !!
I did look at the site and did look at the films but every time you hit certain things it links you to all kinds of websites and ads.
Also I notice that The Whale was listed,I know for a fact that this movie is not out in the U.K. or on Any of the legit streaming sites yet. It is only available at the Cinema.
So I will wait until it comes to Netflix xx

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had to laugh when you said ‘ it works in Canada so it must work in the U.K. ………..oh If it was that simple !!
I did look at the site and did look at the films but every time you hit certain things it links you to all kinds of websites and ads.
Also I notice that The Whale was listed,I know for a fact that this movie is not out in the U.K. or on Any of the legit streaming sites yet. It is only available at the Cinema.
That's how much I know about internet access. ;) There could be other streaming sites on your side of the pond. Otherwise, a bit of a wait is in order ;)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's how much I know about internet access. ;) There could be other streaming sites on your side of the pond. Otherwise, a bit of a wait is in order ;)
I am sure that there are but I am not savvy enough to know whether they are legit or whether they are dodgy sites ….soi will exercise some patience and let you know what I think when I have watched it xxx

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure that there are but I am not savvy enough to know whether they are legit or whether they are dodgy sites ….soi will exercise some patience and let you know what I think when I have watched it xxx
Good. I'm hoping to get more responses on the thread. I think it is an important film and one that arrives when Asbury is happening. Coincidence? I think not! :)

Peace and blessings... <><

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello to all!

I saw the Jesus Revolution movie last night. It's very good. It shows to some degree the hippie movement being transformed into the Jesus movement with many becoming followers of Jesus. A revival that began in the 60's....but that persisted and traveled the globe. Of particular interest is a man called Lonnie Frisbee (played by the same actor who plays Jesus on "the Chosen") . This man was a complicated individual but who walked in God's anointing. Miracles would happen wherever He went. He is seen by many as THE major catalyst of the Jesus movement.

The movie coincides with what is happening at Asbury...which makes the release time of the movie poignant indeed.

The movie is well done...basically a must-see for evangelicals...and believers in general.

I have been doing more research on Lonnie Frisbee. There are some good interviews about his life on line...with people who knew him well. There is also a series of three books that come from his own words being dictated into a tape recorder and put into print.

Has anyone else seen the movie? What are your thoughts on it...on the Jesus movement...or revivals in general. I hope to comment more later.

Hoping to catch it while its still showing in theaters. I was listening to Haven Today yesterday, which has been talking about the Jesus Revolution, along with the Ausbury revival recently. They mentioned how some of the different things going on at the various showings for the movie. One screening had a technical difficulty and the movie stopped half way through. Someone got up, and offered to pray for anyone that needed it, and people actually came up.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie so much I decided to finally watch The Chosen. I rarely watch anything fiction any more as far as movies go. But I watched the first episode. The actor who played Nicodemus stole the show in the first episode. I mean that actor BECAME Nicodemus!
The actor for Nicodemus does a great job with the role. You'll enjoy watching him through out the season. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on The Chosen. Its definitely one of my top 5 shows.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that happened to me too when I tried it, so I ran out quick! o_O
I would say cmon, nothing is free! Except quite a few years ago Epi directed me to a site called Hulu that really WAS free and without malware. The site is no longer free, I think it’s $5 per month, with ads, but that’s very reasonable.
I used to get Netflix for just a month to see a few things I wanted to watch, then I would cancel it and get a month of something else to watch a certain thing.

Im watching The Chosen on Peacock, which a family member got for $5 for one month to watch some sort of… Kevin Costner living on a ranch show.

But lately, I just don’t really WANT to watch movies or tv shows. And I can’t keep my mind focused on them and have to keep rewinding and an hour long show takes me days to watch, until I finally give up trying! Lol.

I also used to watch quite a few movies on YouTube for free. Don’t know if you can still do that on YouTube or not…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can actually watch The Chosen for free through their website, or downloading the mobile app:
Ah okay. Well it just happened I am still watching it without paying myself. But how great is this that they let you watch for free? Not sure how they can recoup the cost of filming that way though…

Reactions: shortangel

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah okay. Well it just happened I am still watching it without paying myself. But how great is this that they let you watch for free? Not sure how they can recoup the cost of filming that way though…
The whole show is actually crowd funded.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actor for Nicodemus does a great job with the role. You'll enjoy watching him through out the season. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on The Chosen. It’s definitely one of my top 5 shows.
Oh, I finished episode 2. I wept again at the end scene when Jesus came to eat with them.
They take some liberties, change some things around, and everyone does not have consistent accents, but I don’t care, I forgive them all of it because it is just so wonderful!

The tears and the billows and waves that pass over me, they are the reason I stopped listening to Christian music for so many years, or if I had to listen I turned myself from it, as I sought it out in a way that I instinctively knew at some point was very impure and…gluttonous.
But now that my passions are calmed, I don’t refuse those waves but neither do I seek them out and what felt wrong and in the baseness of my flesh before now feels perfectly licit when it passes over me. I guess I don’t have to shun music any more either… :)

I will be sad when the 2 seasons are finished. :(

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I finished episode 2. I wept again at the end scene when Jesus came to eat with them.
They take some liberties, change some things around, and everyone does not have consistent accents, but I don’t care, I forgive them all of it because it is just so wonderful!

The tears and the billows and waves that pass over me, they are the reason I stopped listening to Christian music for so many years, or if I had to listen I turned myself from it, as I sought it out in a way that I instinctively knew at some point was very impure and…gluttonous.
But now that my passions are calmed, I don’t refuse those waves but neither do I seek them out and what felt wrong and in the baseness of my flesh before now feels perfectly licit when it passes over me. I guess I don’t have to shun music any more either… :)

I will be sad when the 2 seasons are finished. :(
Season three is available on the link that was shared, you don’t have to donate as it’s a choice. Xx