Jesus saves unbelievers !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

So, on the one hand you are saying that Christ saves unbelievers; but on the other hand, He didn't die for the one who remains in unbelief.

Correct. He didnt die for any sinner that dies in their sins. Unbelief is merely one of the many sins he dies in that Christ didnt die for.
Do you not see the contradiction in what you are saying?

No I dont, I see the good logic in it.

If Jesus didn't die for the unbeliever, how will the unbeliever be saved?

He wont be saved if Christ didnt die for him. duh

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Okay your point ?
1 Tim. 1:15 is clear in saying, that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. It does not say unbelievers. Even while unbelievers are sinners, not all sinners are unbelievers.

Consider asking yourself these questions. Before Christ came into the world, who would you say are unbelievers? Who would you say are sinners?

Tong
R1387

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

Correct. He didnt die for any sinner that dies in their sins. Unbelief is merely one of the many sins he dies in that Christ didnt die for.

No I dont, I see the good logic in it.

He wont be saved if Christ didnt die for him. duh
So the unbeliever must become a believer in order to be saved.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
no salvation for me so why God still bothered me with his words? if i do not really have a chance to be saved

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
maybe i should just become more wicked since God will not forgive me
of course i do not really mean it

Last edited by a moderator:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim. 1:15 is clear in saying, that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. It does not say unbelievers. Even while unbelievers are sinners, not all sinners are unbelievers.

Consider asking yourself these questions. Before Christ came into the world, who would you say are unbelievers? Who would you say are sinners?

Tong
R1387
Sinners are unbelievers !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this makes me depressed because of unbelief so if you believe but then still do it you will not be forgiven... so still no more salvation for the sinners who do it willingly
Sorry I have no idea what you talking about. Sorry you are depressed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess people are not aware of some tricks in technology i did say i do not really mean it if only you highlighted what you quoted you will see thank you
It is simply not true that the Lord will not forgive you, @stredaleve.

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh ? I have no idea what you talking about. Jesus saves unbelievers/sinners !
Not while they remain in their unbelief and/or sin.

What I am saying is that He saves them out of their unbelief and sin.

Once saved, they do not continue to be unbelievers/sinners.

Agree or disagree?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not while they remain in their unbelief and/or sin.

What I am saying is that He saves them out of their unbelief and sin.

Once saved, they do not continue to be unbelievers/sinners.

Agree or disagree?
Jesus saves unbelievers and of course after He does that He makes them Believers.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus saves unbelievers and of course after He does that He makes them Believers.
He actually saves them through the faith that He gives unto them...so He does not save them until after they have faith.

Therefore He does not save unbelievers...He saves people by His grace through their faith...and therefore He saves believers at the moment of first faith.

Of course they were unbelievers the moment before...so in that sense it can be said that He also saves unbelievers...just not apart from the faith that He places within their hearts so that they are not unbelievers any more but they become believers at the moment of first faith.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, not reading all the post, I'm sure it have been answered.

but the topic is misleading, because God save SINNERS, who believe. you gave the answer in your opeaning statement.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

so what's the different between the "sinner" unsaved, and the "Believer" that is saved?. answer....... "WORKS".

there is no works that a sinner can do in order to be saved. so as Paul, "but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief". what was his "WORKS?" ... answer, who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious. so what he did, was in "UNBELIFE". Just as everyone who is not of God, Jews and Gentiles alike. principle, for the wok of God is to BELIEVE, scripture, John 6:28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"
John 6:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

this is the basic Principle of God, Faith without "WORKS" is dead, and Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

and our Faith, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

the measure? yes, we all .... "Sinners" ..... have the same amount. but how is our "FAITH" activated as sinners, before we come to christ? answer,
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." his word of the gospel bring it to memory, scripture, Romans 10:19 "But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you."Romans 10:20 "But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me."Romans 10:21 "But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people."

yes, Israel KNEW, just as Paul, but was in unbelief. this is why the Gospel is so important, Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (remember John 6:28 above), Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" BINGO.

a sinner cannot work, (Believe), to be save, a sinner work, (believe), because he is SAVED.

so as said, the topic is misleading. God save sinner .... "TO BELIEVE".

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G, I have to disagree with you on this point...for it is written,

Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He actually saves them through the faith that He gives unto them...so He does not save them until after they have faith.

Therefore He does not save unbelievers...He saves people by His grace through their faith...and therefore He saves believers at the moment of first faith.

Of course they were unbelievers the moment before...so in that sense it can be said that He also saves unbelievers...just not apart from the faith that He places within their hearts so that they are not unbelievers any more but they become believers at the moment of first faith.
False, He gives them Faith through the New Birth. Faith to believe is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, not reading all the post, I'm sure it have been answered.

but the topic is misleading, because God save SINNERS, who believe. you gave the answer in your opeaning statement.

so what's the different between the "sinner" unsaved, and the "Believer" that is saved?. answer....... "WORKS".

there is no works that a sinner can do in order to be saved. so as Paul, "but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief". what was his "WORKS?" ... answer, who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious. so what he did, was in "UNBELIFE". Just as everyone who is not of God, Jews and Gentiles alike. principle, for the wok of God is to BELIEVE, scripture, John 6:28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"
John 6:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

this is the basic Principle of God, Faith without "WORKS" is dead, and Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

and our Faith, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

the measure? yes, we all .... "Sinners" ..... have the same amount. but how is our "FAITH" activated as sinners, before we come to christ? answer,
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." his word of the gospel bring it to memory, scripture, Romans 10:19 "But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you."Romans 10:20 "But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me."Romans 10:21 "But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people."

yes, Israel KNEW, just as Paul, but was in unbelief. this is why the Gospel is so important, Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (remember John 6:28 above), Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" BINGO.

a sinner cannot work, (Believe), to be save, a sinner work, (believe), because he is SAVED.

so as said, the topic is misleading. God save sinner .... "TO BELIEVE".

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Confusing. Jesus saves from unbelief.