Jesus saves unbelievers !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most ridiculous things I ever heard is that Jesus Christ doesnt save unbelievers. Folks if that was true, it wouldn't be no hope of Salvation for any sinner, since by nature all sinners, as all are, are in or under unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

In fact this very verse instructs us that some because of their unbelief, God will have mercy upon them in unbelief !

An example is the saul of tarsus, who hated Christ and His people, and did many horrible things to them while in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Paul obtained mercy while in unbelief, and it was for this cause Paul knew by experience that Christ came into the world to save sinners, unbelievers of which he was chief 1 Tim 1:14-15

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul is an example of how Christ saves unbelieving sinners, and turns them into believers, Christ has mercy on them, because of their unbelief !

So if you hear someone teach that God in Christ doesn't save unbelievers, they are preaching a false Gospel. If Christ didn't save unbelievers there wouldn't be any believers, all would remain in the prison of unbelief !1

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most ridiculous things I ever heard is that Jesus Christ doesn't save unbelievers.

Wow, that IS weird. In fact, Jesus tells us who He saves through His physical healings. All of John chapter 9 tells us what His healings were all about. Physical healings were a reflection of what was taking place within the Hearts of those who were being physically healed. Inwardly, these people were healed because of their Faith. What Jesus does not do, is heal people who do not possess Faith, which is why many people could not be physically healed. Physical healing took place because Spiritual healing already had.

Again, Jesus doesn't heal unbelievers. He doesn't cast his pearls amongst pigs. :)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that IS weird. In fact, Jesus tells us who He saves through His physical healings. All of John chapter 9 tells us what His healings were all about. Physical healings were a reflection of what was taking place within the Hearts of those who were being physically healed. Inwardly, these people were healed because of their Faith. What Jesus does not do, is heal people who do not possess Faith, which is why many people could not be physically healed. Physical healing took place because Spiritual healing already had.

Again, Jesus doesn't heal unbelievers. He doesn't cast his pearls amongst pigs. :)
Error. Jesus saves unbelievers/sinners!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To say Jesus doesn't save unbelievers is as idiotic as saying Jesus doesn't save sinners !, For unbelievers are nothing more than sinners !8

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has done absolutely Everything that has to be done for the Salvation of any Man or Woman ...He Shed His Blood at the Cross to pay for your sins .....ALL of them. All that is left for anybody to do is to “ Cash-In” on what has ALREADY BEEN DONE for you ! You “ cash-in” with Faith.....and that “ Faith” comes by “ hearing the Word Of God”.....Pray that God sends the Holy Spirit your way to give you “ ears to hear” .....pray that you become a “ Lydia”—- God “ opened her heart” to hear and Believe Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.....God Bless...

Reactions: Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God truly does not save unbelievers.

This is not to say that an unbeliever cannot become a believer and thus be saved, though he was previously an unbeliever.

In this sense, you have to be an unbeliever to be a candidate for salvation.

But I will say that the thing that saves is faith in Jesus Christ; and therefore in order to be saved, a person must transfer over from being an unbeliever to being a believer.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's say this: Jesus saves those whose spiritual father is the Devil. This means that Jesus saves those who are Cursed by the unholy works of Adam and Eve.

John 8:44 NLT - "For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies."

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God truly does not save unbelievers.

This is not to say that an unbeliever cannot become a believer and thus be saved, though he was previously an unbeliever.

In this sense, you have to be an unbeliever to be a candidate for salvation.

But I will say that the thing that saves is faith in Jesus Christ; and therefore in order to be saved, a person must transfer over from being an unbeliever to being a believer.

False, thats like saying God doesnt save sinners !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I will say that the thing that saves is faith in Jesus Christ; and therefore in order to be saved, a person must transfer over from being an unbeliever to being a believer

Boy......if you could just LEAVE it at that......
As I have said before.....you are SO CLOSE, yet so far away......I think my prayers for you may be having an effect....lol......

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy......if you could just LEAVE it at that......
As I have said before.....you are SO CLOSE, yet so far away......I think my prayers for you may be having an effect....lol......
I have prayed for you also.

Hopefully one of these days you will see that I am preaching on sanctification and you think that what I am preaching is leaven because you are relating it to justification instead of sanctification.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, thats like saying God doesnt save sinners !
Try to take my statements as a whole rather than singling out specific sentences; and also try to grasp the meaning of what I am saying according to the spirit of what I am writing rather than the letter.

I will say that God does save unbelievers...but not until after they become believers, placing their faith in Jesus and His shed blood for their salvation.

Therefore, no one is saved while in an unbelieving state of mind....they must become believers to be saved.

And God does, also, save sinners....but not until after they repent and stop being sinners in the sense of ones who commit sin (not in the sense of having indwelling sin).

So, God does not save men who will continue in a state of sinning. Repentance is a requirement. In the being saved, the sinner ceases from his old lifestyle of sinning and turns to Christ and asks Him to live His life in him and through him (Galatians 2:20)...the life that will be lived by Jesus in my life, for as long as I don't take my life back from Him, will be a life of perfection (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 2 Peter 1:10).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to take my statements as a whole rather than singling out specific sentences; and also try to grasp the meaning of what I am saying according to the spirit of what I am writing rather than the letter.

I will say that God does save unbelievers...but not until after they become believers, placing their faith in Jesus and His shed blood for their salvation.

Therefore, no one is saved while in an unbelieving state of mind....they must become believers to be saved.

And God does, also, save sinners....but not until after they repent and stop being sinners in the sense of ones who commit sin (not in the sense of having indwelling sin).

So, God does not save men who will continue in a state of sinning. Repentance is a requirement. In the being saved, the sinner ceases from his old lifestyle of sinning and turns to Christ and asks Him to live His life in him and through him (Galatians 2:20)...the life that will be lived by Jesus in my life, for as long as I don't take my life back from Him, will be a life of perfection (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 2 Peter 1:10).
Once again, you may as well say Jesus doesnt save sinners.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you may as well say Jesus doesnt save sinners.
He doesn't...

Of course you must be a sinner in order to be a candidate for salvation...but no one is saved unless they repent and stop being a sinner in the sense of one who sins (not in the sense of one who has indwelling sin).

In order to be saved, they must cease from being a sinner in that sense...

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:6, 8 HNV - 6 For while we were yet weak, at the right time Messiah died for the ungodly. ... 8 But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Messiah died for us."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:6, 8 HNV - 6 For while we were yet weak, at the right time Messiah died for the ungodly. ... 8 But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Messiah died for us."
Yes, He died for us while we were still sinners....which doesn't change the fact that God requires repentance in order to be saved.

The sacrifice of Christ on the Cross is the very thing that provides the power to actually turn away from sin and not give mere lip service to repenting but to actually stop the lifestyle of being a sinner.

So Christ had to die while we were yet sinners because without His sacrifice no one would ever be able to be set free from the power of sin.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sacrifice of Christ on the Cross is the very thing that provides the power to actually turn away from sin

We know for sure that God has been cutting away the Sinful Nature from our hearts since Abel. Abel was a prophet, and no one can be a prophet if they are under the Curse of mom and dad, Adam and Eve. The point? The Sacrifice of Christ pays the debt for sin. Otherwise, He has been Spiritually Circumcising Hearts, granting Repentance, Hope, and Mercy, and issuing the Holy Spirit from the beginning. Same exact Faith . . . the Faith of Abraham, the Father of Spiritual Circumcision, marked by physical circumcision. :)

I should add . . . I'm just reporting what I've read in the Bible. I may be wrong.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed for you also.

Hopefully one of these days you will see that I am preaching on sanctification and you think that what I am preaching is leaven because you are relating it to justification instead of sanctification.

I know ExACTLY where you are coming from....

Your “ Leaven” is “ Lucky Repentance”...... You do not believe the first half of the Gospel — “ Jesus died for your Sins”.....

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't...

Of course you must be a sinner in order to be a candidate for salvation...but no one is saved unless they repent and stop being a sinner in the sense of one who sins (not in the sense of one who has indwelling sin).

In order to be saved, they must cease from being a sinner in that sense...
Well in case you don't know a unbeliever is a sinner, like the sinners Christ came to save.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know ExACTLY where you are coming from....

Your “ Leaven” is “ Lucky Repentance”...... You do not believe the first half of the Gospel — “ Jesus died for your Sins”.....
I do believe that Jesus died for my sins...

I just believe that He did not stop at paying the penalty for them.

He also sanctified and cleansed us with His blood (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7) so that we do not have to walk in such a manner as to be captivated by sin.

You yourself allow that if anyone is truly born again, the prospect of sinning has all the appeal of putting your hand into a hornet's nest.

So why would you not want to avail yourself of the power of the Holy Spirit that He offers to you in order that you might have victory over (1 Corinthians 15:57) and freedom from (John 8:31-36) the power of sin?