Jesus says you must eat me. Are you in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Philippians 3:10 KJV
[10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Tecarta Bible
What in your opinion does this scripture say?
It certainly does not say that you will be laid on the Lord's Table and literally sacrificed. Here's what you said: Then you are on the lords table.
But no Christian is on the Lord's Table. That would be nonsensical.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone been broken?

Matthew 21:44 KJV
[44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Tecarta Bible

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are we the body of Christ?
The Church is the spiritual and metaphorical Body of Christ. That has nothing to do with the bread and the cup on the Lord's Table. On the other hand, the oneness of the Body is displayed by everyone partaking of the elements of the Lord's Supper.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is the spiritual and metaphorical Body of Christ. That has nothing to do with the bread and the cup on the Lord's Table. On the other hand, the oneness of the Body is displayed by everyone partaking of the elements of the Lord's Supper.
We are one bread. How can we( the body have nothing to do with it.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Valid point...John is the only Gospel that explains the requirement for the bread and wine ritual, but the actual occurrence is missing. Wonder why?

Because he gives the reality of the Eucharist in the bread of life discourse.

It is not a fluke that he precedes this with the multiplication of the loaves and the fish.

Peace!

Reactions: Grailhunter

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he gives the reality of the Eucharist in the bread of life discourse.

It is not a fluke that he precedes this with the multiplication of the loaves and the fish.

Peace!
Oh ok, we have this on some of the currencies in our country ( epluribus unim ) or something like that

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi if or rest,
Ephesians 4:16 KJV
[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Tecarta Biblewhat’s being supplied?
We've been going through Ephesians lately...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are one bread. How can we (the body) have nothing to do with it.
We are PARTAKERS of one bread, therefore spiritually and metaphorically we are one bread. Unless you believe you came out of the oven like the Gingerbread Man.

Also, the Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation is FALSE since it is accompanied by the false teaching that Christ is RE-SACRIFICED at every Mass by an unauthorized human priest on a literal altar.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are PARTAKERS of one bread, therefore spiritually and metaphorically we are one bread. Unless you believe you came out of the oven like the Gingerbread Man.

Also, the Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation is FALSE since it is accompanied by the false teaching that Christ is RE-SACRIFICED at every Mass by an unauthorized human priest on a literal altar.
Would you say, that Paul was offering his body without spot without blemish unto the Lord daily?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am in the body of Christ do you partake of me?

Is Christ in you? Are you OF an quickening (life giving) Spirit? 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

They which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. He said to pick up your cross and follow Him. Since He said to follow Him and to die ...do they not stand beside Him as a sign lifted ...an altar that growth up unto God in Christ. “They which wait at the altar ....to receive of the altar....are partakers WITH the altar and WHO is on it. Paul always spoke of the welfare of others and counted himself as to not yet received...Paul waited so others could go to Christ before him ...that is the gospel, is it not. resurrection life of a life-giving(quickening) Spirit toward another. Willing to give Life that we may have Life. In this the two commands are fulfilled. Ezekiel 11:20
[20] That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

To partake with the Altar and to know the POWER of His resurrection: Mark 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
^if eat of me by the mercies of God I am of a life-giving(quickening Spirit) is offensive...then what did Abraham do? We are not talking about sinful flesh but “they are flesh of MY flesh and bone of MY bone.”

1. (v. i.) To take a part, portion, lot, or share, in common with others; to have a share or part; to participate; to share; as, to partake of a feast with others.

2. (v. i.) To have something of the properties, character, or office; -- usually followed by of.

3. (v. t.) To partake of; to have a part or share in; to share.

4. (v. t.) To admit (Confess) to a share; to cause to participate; to give a part to.

5. (v. t.) To distribute; to communicate. ...to “communicate” the Power of His resurrection by being conformable unto His death. “Do

“Because of the suffering, death and resurrection of the Son of God we have been made partakers of Christ. This Greek word “partakers” is “Metoches” meaning a “participant”, a “sharer” or a “partner”...”...1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Colossians 1:24
[24] Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: