Jesus Second Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was accomplished at the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Try telling that to the Billions of people that have physically died over the past 2,000 years

As the scripture clearly teaches, the mortal body will be "Changed" to immortal, at this point physical death is swallowed up in victory (Eternal Immortality)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:16-17 KJV
[16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Your Response Has Absolutely No Relationship To My Posted Claims And Scripture Below

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try telling that to the Billions of people that have physically died over the past 2,000 years

As the scripture clearly teaches, the mortal body will be "Changed" to immortal, at this point physical death is swallowed up in victory (Eternal Immortality)

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
Okay, you believe God is going to make your earthly meat suit immortal?

Reactions: amadeus

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Why does Jesus have to return if an afterlife ALREADY exists??

Because not everyone gets to go. It sounds like you're not looking forward to it. Jesus' second coming that is. He told us that He was going to prepare a place for us, and that He would come back and take us to be where He is.

Jesus rule world means abortion ban, gay ban, etc

Today's world would riot

He is not of this world. The world hates us because we are His.

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.​

But that would mean abortion ban, so the world would never accept him

I promise you Mike, I'm very sure that it's not going to be an issue at that point in time, when that time comes.. Woe to pregnant women, and nursing mothers in those days.

But Jesus is not allowed to "purge" because it violates the Ten Commandments?

That is what they are saying... that it's "invalid" and Jesus is not allowed to do a "purge" of all the goats/weeds (Like how bible says will be at the harvest and thrown into the furnace)

That is what they are saying?

That is what who are saying?

The goats?

The weeds?

Are they asking you if God can kill?

Breaking his own fifth commandment?

What about the Sodomites, and the Antediluvians?

What happened to the pregnant women, and their unborn, back in those days?

Even the Gadarene demons asked what have you to do with us Jesus, have you come to trouble us before the appointed time?

“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted.
“Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”​

At least the demons have the advantage of knowing what's coming. But can you imagine what it must have been like for a pregnant woman during the flood? Her husband might have strapped her to a cow, or a horse, trying to help her survive. Then the realization that she is not going to make it, none of them are.. The sinking realization that they are in a confrontation of the wrath of the living God. The agony that not only she is about to drown, but that her unborn child would never be born as well. For weeks she had been excited about it, looking forward to the day, experiencing her unborn child moving inside her body. That type of remorse very few people experience prior to that of the GWTJ. Even God's people in the WW2 gas chambers knew they would soon be with God. We will not grieve as others do who have no hope.

"Then the Lord called to the man clothed in linen who had the writing kit at his side and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.” As I listened, he said to the others, “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple. Then he said to them, “Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!” So they went out and began killing throughout the city. While they were killing and I was left alone, I fell facedown, crying out, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! Are you going to destroy the entire remnant of Israel in this outpouring of your wrath on Jerusalem?” He answered me, “The sin of the people of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land; the Lord does not see.’ So I will not look on them with pity or spare them, but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.”​

What I would say to the Atheists, and the Satanists, is that when God kills, it's not the same as murder is between mankind. It's like when Jesus said not to fear those who can just kill the body, fear the One who can throw both the body and soul into hell fire. Fear also means respect, like when you see the 600 VOLTS sticker on an electrical box.

richard-ramirez-wife-1608672657.jpg

Murders

On April 10, 1984, Ramirez murdered 9-year-old Chinese-American girl Mei Leung in the basement of the apartment building where he was living at the time, in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco. Leung was with her 8-year-old brother when she reportedly lost a $1 dollar bill and went to look for it, when Ramirez approached Leung and told the girl he knew where it was, and to follow him to the basement. The child agreed, and once they were in the basement, Ramirez beat, strangled, and raped Leung before stabbing her to death with a switchblade, and hanging her partially nude body from a pipe by her blouse.[24] This, Ramirez's first known killing, was not identified as being connected to his subsequent “Night Stalker” crime spree until 2009, when Ramirez's DNA was matched to a sample obtained at this crime scene.
Richard Ramirez - Wikipedia

When Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, meets the Lord at the White Throne judgment, and if God decides to throw him into the lake of fire, and he goes to his destruction, do you think that's the same as murder? I don't think so. This is all in God's department, beyond our pay-grade.. He can look down through the corridor of time and see what we will be doing 10,000 years from now. Richard probably wouldn't want to go with us anyway, he wouldn't be happy in a world where righteousness dwells.

When Jesus needs to, He can come back and resurrect all of His People from the beginning of time until now. He will shout, and we will hear. For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. Then He can also issue another command, a sharp sword from His mouth, that the remaining participants involved in Armageddon die. Just die. And they will do it. Because the game over light is flashing, the time has come for God to destroy, the destroyers of the Earth. And the land, even the Earth is defiled, and the land WILL vomit out it's inhabitants.

And He has the power to come back, after the thousand years are finished, to bring them all back to life again. And the dead will march across the broad plain of the earth, they will all get to meet with God, and understand why things are as they are. God is going to deal with, to erradicate, the problem of sin. Richard Ramirez will see the 9 year old girl that he raped, and tortured and killed as she stands safe in the Beloved City.

None of them will care about abortion anymore.

None of them will anymore be concerned about gay marriage.

Just weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

And a fearful expectation, a fearful thing, to fall into the hands of the living God.

"So I will not look on them with pity or spare them,
but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.”​

Leave room for it,
He will repay.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Reactions: Brakelite

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because not everyone gets to go. It sounds like you're not looking forward to it. Jesus' second coming that is. He told us that He was going to prepare a place for us, and that He would come back and take us to be where He is.

He is not of this world. The world hates us because we are His.

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.​

I promise you Mike, I'm very sure that it's not going to be an issue at that point in time, when that time comes.. Woe to pregnant women, and nursing mothers in those days.

That is what they are saying?

That is what who are saying?

The goats?

The weeds?

Are they asking you if God can kill?

Breaking his own fifth commandment?

What about the Sodomites, and the Antediluvians?

What happened to the pregnant women, and their unborn, back in those days?

Even the Gadarene demons asked what have you to do with us Jesus, have you come to trouble us before the appointed time?

“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted.
“Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”​

At least the demons have the advantage of knowing what's coming. But can you imagine what it must have been like for a pregnant woman during the flood? Her husband might have strapped her to a cow, or a horse, trying to help her survive. Then the realization that she is not going to make it, none of them are.. The sinking realization that they are in a confrontation of the wrath of the living God. The agony that not only she is about to drown, but that her unborn child would never be born as well. For weeks she had been excited about it, looking forward to the day, experiencing her unborn child moving inside her body. That type of remorse very few people experience prior to that of the GWTJ. Even God's people in the WW2 gas chambers knew they would soon be with God. We will not grieve as others do who have no hope.

"Then the Lord called to the man clothed in linen who had the writing kit at his side and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.” As I listened, he said to the others, “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple. Then he said to them, “Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!” So they went out and began killing throughout the city. While they were killing and I was left alone, I fell facedown, crying out, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! Are you going to destroy the entire remnant of Israel in this outpouring of your wrath on Jerusalem?” He answered me, “The sin of the people of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land; the Lord does not see.’ So I will not look on them with pity or spare them, but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.”​

What I would say to the Atheists, and the Satanists, is that when God kills, it's not the same as murder is between mankind. It's like when Jesus said not to fear those who can just kill the body, fear the One who can throw both the body and soul into hell fire. Fear also means respect, like when you see the 600 VOLTS sticker on an electrical box.

richard-ramirez-wife-1608672657.jpg

Murders

On April 10, 1984, Ramirez murdered 9-year-old Chinese-American girl Mei Leung in the basement of the apartment building where he was living at the time, in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco. Leung was with her 8-year-old brother when she reportedly lost a $1 dollar bill and went to look for it, when Ramirez approached Leung and told the girl he knew where it was, and to follow him to the basement. The child agreed, and once they were in the basement, Ramirez beat, strangled, and raped Leung before stabbing her to death with a switchblade, and hanging her partially nude body from a pipe by her blouse.[24] This, Ramirez's first known killing, was not identified as being connected to his subsequent “Night Stalker” crime spree until 2009, when Ramirez's DNA was matched to a sample obtained at this crime scene.
Richard Ramirez - Wikipedia

When Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, meets the Lord at the White Throne judgment, and if God decides to throw him into the lake of fire, and he goes to his destruction, do you think that's the same as murder? I don't think so. This is all in God's department, beyond our pay-grade.. He can look down through the corridor of time and see what we will be doing 10,000 years from now. Richard probably wouldn't want to go with us anyway, he wouldn't be happy in a world where righteousness dwells.

When Jesus needs to, He can come back and resurrect all of His People from the beginning of time until now. He will shout, and we will hear. For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. Then He can also issue another command, a sharp sword from His mouth, that the remaining participants involved in Armageddon die. Just die. And they will do it. Because the game over light is flashing, the time has come for God to destroy, the destroyers of the Earth. And the land, even the Earth is defiled, and the land WILL vomit out it's inhabitants.

And He has the power to come back, after the thousand years are finished, to bring them all back to life again. And the dead will march across the broad plain of the earth, they will all get to meet with God, and understand why things are as they are. God is going to deal with, to erradicate, the problem of sin. Richard Ramirez will see the 9 year old girl that he raped, and tortured and killed as she stands safe in the Beloved City.

None of them will care about abortion anymore.

None of them will anymore be concerned about gay marriage.

Just weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

And a fearful expectation, a fearful thing, to fall into the hands of the living God.

"So I will not look on them with pity or spare them,
but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.”​

Leave room for it,
He will repay.

Peaceful Sabbath.
Good grief, every scripture you’ve referenced is pertaining to apostate Israel.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief, every scripture you’ve referenced is pertaining to apostate Israel.

Apostate Israel?

The Old Time Jews?

The Stiff Neck Generation?

I threw in the Sodomites and the Antediluvians.

I don't have any other historical examples of God's wrath falling on the sons of disobedience.

But when it happens again, it should be like a parallelogram.

Equal lengths and equal measure.

How you measure it out will be measured back to you.

"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. ...​

Peaceful Sabbath.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that would mean abortion ban, so the world would never accept him
Speaking of abortion. Christ is coming to remove every soul from their bodies. If they like abortion which is what they do to babies, they should willingly have their soul removed, since it is God's body of creation to do with as God pleases.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Christian is not looking forward to an afterlife. Our hope is in resurrected life. In other words we don’t look for a ‘spiritual’ life after death. The bible teaches that at Christ’s return, he makes all things new. That includes us, but also the cosmos. We are to live on a new Earth, one with no more sin or death. It will be a very real, physical existence. That is what Christ’s comes back to do, and what we look for and hope for.
Hi @Naomi25 Someone said: The Christian does not look forward to death, but to heaven. (And we know that the Lamb is the light thererof...Revelation 21.)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Naomi25 Someone said: The Christian does not look forward to death, but to heaven. (And we know that the Lamb is the light thererof...Revelation 21.)
Well…I think it also might be okay to hope for Christ’s return!
I know, as a Dispensationalists you think that means heaven too…after the Rapture. But for me, his return would see us fundamentally skip heaven, and move into a new earth and new Jerusalem.
I think we can probably say that both will be amazing, regardless who is right!

Samara777

Aug 7, 2021
Santa Cruz
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:v.10-14
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:
for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: (no more salvation, on the contrary, they are destined for eternal contempt.) and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I COME quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs(dogs? Isaiah 56:v.10-11), and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: (Daniel 12:v.10 - 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand)

Psalm 7:v.11-13: - 11 God Judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every Day(a Day=1.000 years). 12 If he turn not, he will whet His Sword; he hath bent His BOW, and made it ready. 13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; He ordaineth His ARROWS against the persecutors.

1Peter 4:v.17 - 17 The time is come that Judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The time of the the END of ALL THINGS arrived, and simultaneously the ETERNAL chastisements. The manifestation of GOD's wrath and the punishments against the current Devil's world with its Power and Glory are underway, the chastisements will be for everlasting, without END, the chastisements will have no END from now on, the GOD's wrath is for ever. The Word is GOD.
While it is true that God's wrath is serious and for some is forever JESUS comes back for His church for eternal life. I don't think we need to dwell on the negative side of Christ's return rather than the positive side: the beginning of eternal life shortly afterwards.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End)

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

End of the flesh age (2nd world age) The Day of the Lord is the millennium 1000 years

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
End of the flesh age (2nd world age) The Day of the Lord is the millennium 1000 years
Your claim is "False"

(The Day Of The Lord) is the (Last Day) of Earths Existence, (Dissolved) By The Lord's Fire In Final Judgement

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Your claim is "False"

(The Day Of The Lord) is the (Last Day) of Earths Existence, (Dissolved) By The Lord's Fire In Final Judgement

II Peter 3:7 "But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

This is in reference to the second heaven and earth age which we are living in now. This earth age will not be destroyed until God's time of judgment on the ungodly men of this earth has come to a close. That time of perdition [destruction] is after the Millennium age, and after the Great white throne judgment. Then will come the consuming fire. Hebrews 12:19 tells us that "Our God is a consuming fire." There will be no destroying of the earth by nuclear warfare, nor by greenhouse gasses or flood or any other man made causes. God is reserving the final judgment of this earth and mankind for His own judgment. Before that time can come, the events or prophecies that concern this earth will all have taken place, and that includes the "great apostasy", or falling away when the entire world will go whoring after Satan, the Antichrist.

II Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

That means one week is 7,000 years, and we are coming to the Sabbath of that week very shortly, which the common name for the next thousand years is the "Millennium age".

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

This means that you can count on our Heavenly Father concerning His promises. God has much patience concerning His children. It isn't God's will that any soul should perish. God did not even intend for Satan to perish, as stated in Ezekiel 28, but that doesn't mean God will not bring about the perishing of souls; for it is up to the soul to choose. That is what our free will is all about.

II Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

"A thief in the night" is an figure of speech that means that Christ shall come at an unexpected time. In the English it sounds like a very scary time, but lets see what it says in the original text. The "elements" are not the elements that you think of, such as gold, iron, oxygen and so on, but they are the "evil rudiments" that go to make up the evil in this earth age. This includes the evil spirits, the fallen angels, and all the things and forms of idolatry that cause flesh man to sin. The time of this burning will be at God's appointed time, so this verse is addressed to all those things that go to offend our Heavenly Father.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End)

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

24 Then cometh the end,

News flash- it’s the end of the age, at His return.

The millennial reign after His return is very clear in scripture.

And that was taught by Barnabas and other early church fathers.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That time of perdition [destruction] is after the Millennium age, and after the Great white throne judgment. Then will come the consuming fire. Hebrews 12:19 tells us that "Our God is a consuming fire." There will be no destroying of the earth by nuclear warfare, nor by greenhouse gasses or flood or any other man made causes. God is reserving the final judgment of this earth and mankind for His own judgment. Before that time can come, the events or prophecies that concern this earth will all have taken place, and that includes the "great apostasy", or falling away when the entire world will go whoring after Satan, the Antichrist.

II Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

That means one week is 7,000 years, and we are coming to the Sabbath of that week very shortly, which the common name for the next thousand years is the "Millennium age".

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

This means that you can count on our Heavenly Father concerning His promises. God has much patience concerning His children. It isn't God's will that any soul should perish. God did not even intend for Satan to perish, as stated in Ezekiel 28, but that doesn't mean God will not bring about the perishing of souls; for it is up to the soul to choose. That is what our free will is all about.

II Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

"A thief in the night" is an figure of speech that means that Christ shall come at an unexpected time. In the English it sounds like a very scary time, but lets see what it says in the original text. The "elements" are not the elements that you think of, such as gold, iron, oxygen and so on, but they are the "evil rudiments" that go to make up the evil in this earth age. This includes the evil spirits, the fallen angels, and all the things and forms of idolatry that cause flesh man to sin. The time of this burning will be at God's appointed time, so this verse is addressed to all those things that go to offend our Heavenly Father.
Your claim is "False"

The Lords fire in Judgement takes place at his "Appearance" "Revealing" At The Second Coming

There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

(Fire And Brimstone When Jesus Is Revealed)

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

(Jesus Is Revealed In Flaming Fire)

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

(The Hills Melt At His Presence)

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

(The Lord Comes With Fire)

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
II Peter 3:7 "But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

This is in reference to the second heaven and earth age which we are living in now. This earth age will not be destroyed until God's time of judgment on the ungodly men of this earth has come to a close. That time of perdition [destruction] is after the Millennium age, and after the Great white throne judgment. Then will come the consuming fire. Hebrews 12:19 tells us that "Our God is a consuming fire." There will be no destroying of the earth by nuclear warfare, nor by greenhouse gasses or flood or any other man made causes. God is reserving the final judgment of this earth and mankind for His own judgment. Before that time can come, the events or prophecies that concern this earth will all have taken place, and that includes the "great apostasy", or falling away when the entire world will go whoring after Satan, the Antichrist.

When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

24 Then cometh the end,

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
News flash- it’s the end of the age, at His return.

The millennial reign after His return is very clear in scripture.

And that was taught by Barnabas and other early church fathers.
As Is Clearly Shown In Post #36 Above, The Earth Is Dissolved By The Lords Fire In Judgement At His Return

A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth Is Found No Place In The Bible, Its A Complete Fabrication Of Man (Fairy Tale)

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a good question and as far as I know there’s a bit of confusion in the Bible.
On one section Jesus says that “even David hasn’t gone to heaven and sleeps where he is buried” but other sections of the Bible say that “when you die the soul goes to father”.
So it’s unsure as to what happens immediately after death.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is a good question and as far as I know there’s a bit of confusion in the Bible.
On one section Jesus says that “even David hasn’t gone to heaven and sleeps where he is buried” but other sections of the Bible say that “when you die the soul goes to father”.
So it’s unsure as to what happens immediately after death.
The Bible is not confused. It is people with fanciful notions, who think the dead remain conscious, who are wrong.
Hebrews 9:27 Man will die, then comes the Judgment.
This and other Bible verses make it clear that the dead know nothing. They 'sleep' until they are called to stand before God, at the Last Trumpet. AFTER the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

Reactions: Brakelite