Jesus talking to the unsaved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What will Jesus be telling the unsaved people at the last judgement? I never really understood that bit so Please do let me know all of this and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will Jesus be telling the unsaved people at the last judgement? I never really understood that bit so Please do let me know all of this and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Very simple-- in Matthew 7, " I never knew you, depart from me you workers of iniquity."

Reactions: John Stefan

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan
This:

41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’44And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’45Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’

46And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:41-46

And this:

26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ replied his master. ‘You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, and on my return I would have received it back with interest.28Therefore take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten talents. 29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. But the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 30And throw that worthless servant into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Matthew 25:26-30

And this:

10 ...the bridegroom arrived. Those who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet, and the door was shut.11Later the other virgins arrived and said, ‘Lord, lord, open the door for us!’12But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I do not know you.’

Matthew 25:10-12

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan

I believe he will give them a space in the heavenly realm outside the kingdom of heaven.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods

kind regards John Stefan
There is a saying that says something to the effect that bad things happen when good men do nothing. In giving lessons to His disciples about the judgment, Jesus speaks of those being lost are so for they failed to do good. The man with one talent buried it, did nothing, failed to do good with what he was given. Those in Matthew 25:41ff are lost for failing to do good. Those in Revelation 3:15ff in Laodicea did nothing, were lukewarm. Those in Matthew 25:12ff failed to prepare themselves for the Lord's second coming. When good people no longer do good, they no longer are good....(James 4:17; John 15:2)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he will give them a space in the heavenly realm outside the kingdom of heaven.
...a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth:

"40As the weeds are collected and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness. 42And they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Luke 13:40-42

"47Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was cast into the sea and caught all kinds of fish. 48When it was full, the men pulled it ashore. Then they sat down and sorted the good fish into containers, but threw the bad away.49So will it be at the end of the age: The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous, 50and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Luke 13:47-50

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a saying that says something to the effect that bad things happen when good men do nothing. In giving lessons to His disciples about the judgment, Jesus speaks of those being lost are so for they failed to do good. The man with one talent buried it, did nothing, failed to do good with what he was given. Those in Matthew 25:41ff are lost for failing to do good. Those in Revelation 3:15ff in Laodicea did nothing, were lukewarm. Those in Matthew 25:12ff failed to prepare themselves for the Lord's second coming. When good people no longer do good, they no longer are good....(James 4:17; John 15:2)
Saving faith is identified by what it does, and so the Lord can, and will, judge us as having faith or not according to our deeds:

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.

And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds." Revelation 20:11-13

-------------------------------------

34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, 36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’ Matthew 25:34-36

41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ Matthew 25:41-43

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

14Blessed are those who wash their robes,c so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. 15But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." Revelation 22:14-15

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't tell the bad news without telling the Good News!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

"...he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified." Luke 18:13-14

17 ...if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.a The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!18All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them." 2 Corinthians 5:17-19

38 ...through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses." Acts 13:38-39

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Saving faith is identified by what it does, and so the Lord can, and will, judge us as having faith or not according to our deeds:

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.

And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds." Revelation 20:11-13

-------------------------------------

34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, 36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’ Matthew 25:34-36

41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ Matthew 25:41-43
Works (not works of merit nor works required by the OT law), but obedient works in doing God's will have always been necessary in order to be saved. As for those already saved, obedience to God's will in doing good works (Titus 3:14; Ephesians 2:10) is necessary to keep the promise of eternal life. Therefore if a Christian fails to do good works, he becomes a lost sinner.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for those already saved, obedience to God's will in doing good works (Titus 3:14; Ephesians 2:10) is necessary to keep the promise of eternal life.
Obedience to God's will is necessary to be saved insofar as they signify that you really have been made righteous by God through faith in God's forgiveness. Faith all by itself makes a person righteous. Works simply show you to have been made a righteous person by God. The absence of works ultimately signifies that you never really had faith in God, or that you have abandoned faith in God. Doesn't matter which theological position one wants to hold about that. You're lost either way.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
...he has no faith. A fake faith. A dead faith that has no power to save.
James chapter 2 warns "brethren" (Christians) about becoming lost for having a faith alone, that is, having a faith that is void of doing good works...

James 2:14
ASV What doth it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but have not works? can that faith save him?
NLT What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

James is speaking of a particular kind or type of faith, "that" faith and "that" type of faith that cannot save is one void of obedience in doing good works. Therefore having good works is not an option but a necessary CONDITION, a REQUIREMENT God has placed upon salvation and Christian can become complacent in doing good works thereby become fruitless and can be cast away (John 15:6) having "that" kind of fruitless faith that cannot save. The warnings/admonishments about becoming unfruitful would be pointless, senseless if it were impossible for the Christian to become unfruitful.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The works are that of love towards God and towards others.

to live by the spirit right earnest?

“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:22-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the only one who produces the work abiding in Christ no one can take credit for it.

Good comes from God: you have the spirit you walk by the spirit: loving God first, he then works on the heart and mind eventually expressing love towards others through by the spirit given.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
...he has no faith. A fake faith. A dead faith that has no power to save.
Because a Christian can become fruitless is no proof he was never really a Christian, never really had faith.

Because one quits smoking, does his quitting prove he never did really smoke? The quitting logically proves he once smoked but now no longer does.

If one were never really fruitful then he cannot become fruitless because he always was fruitless. For one to become fruitless logically implies he once was fruitful but became complacent and thereby becomes fruitless. Becoming fruitless logically proves he was once fruitful but now is no longer fruitful.

Reactions: Titus