Jesus the good physician...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus referred to himself as the Good Physician. So was he knowledgeable on illness and how to heal people? I know people are part of healing even today, but we might have no idea what it does or how it happens. Doctors are versed in how the body works and how to heal certain conditions. So was Jesus well versed in how the body works and how to heal it?

Matthew 9:10-12

King James Version

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Devin,

Just going to throw in my two cents,
If you can work out and strengthen muscles it will help a little, but it’s mainly spiritual that Jesus heals the heart more than anything else, with having devotion to God (godliness).

“For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭4:8-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Devin,

Just going to throw in my two cents,
If you can work out and strengthen muscles it will help a little, but it’s mainly spiritual that Jesus heals the heart more than anything else, with having devotion to God (godliness).

“For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭4:8-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Thanks Matthew. God once told me that he is the prophet and I am not a prophet. And what I understood was that he can see the future and predict it while I can only received from the Spirit of Prophecy. But he knows how to look into the future. God is powerful and I think he fully understands the body and knows how to heal it. And yes he does it spiritually to the measure of body healings. He created our lifeforms and knows the genetics that make up our growth. He created the genetics too.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a very interesting perception you have, Devin. Thank you for sharing that with me, brother in Christ. God is good, and God is love. Today I’m gonna try to be on here very little, got one article would like to get out today if anything.

Thank you again,
Matthew

Reactions: dev553344