Jesus came to call sinners to repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you keep all the 613 Laws, and the 10 Commandments, and those that Jesus gave and yet you are never born again?

What happens then, after you die?

"HeLL".

Why?
I'm not understanding the point of this, is you do what God is telling you to do, you will reap the benefits.
Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.
Because the law and commandments were given to show you your SIN, so that you would come to the CROSS, where Jesus died for the Lost so that God can bring you home to Himself., as Born Again.

Jesus said...."you MUST be born again".

= 'MUST"

That's not a suggestion.
Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.

(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy.

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not understanding the point of this

The point is that cults teach that you are to keep the law to try to Go to Heaven.

Whereas...

God sent His Son, as the only way to Heaven. John 14:6

Do you understand the Difference?
its a big Difference.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says in Romans 8: 4 that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Dear bro.tan,
You said:
That righteousness of the law Paul is talking about here is the Commandments of God. So if you walking in the spirit you walking in the law, and one of those Commandments is to keep the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week Saturday.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God (Jesus Christ) WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The righteousness of the law is fulfilled when a believer has been converted and is only walking by the Spirit. When the Spirit governs a believer, they will love God and love their neighbor. "Love is the fulfilling of the law":

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

It is the Spirit that causes us to "will and do of His good pleasure". And since the Spirit is holy and righteous, it cannot sin.

When the Spirit governs a converted believer, they rest from their works and will never sin again.

When a believer "rests" in Christ, they are spiritually fulfilling Sabbath Day.

You are not applying the concept the verse below teaches to your understanding:

1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The physical observance of the Sabbath Day is a physical type that is spiritually fulfilled when we "walk by the Spirit".

The same is true of circumcision. Circumcision is a physical type that was commanded under the Law. But after a believer is governed by the Spirit, they are spiritually fulfilling the law of circumcision.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Let me ask you this: Do you still observe the physical law of circumcision? If you answer no, then why are you still observing the physical law of the Sabbath Day. Both laws are the same and both are spiritually fulfilled when a person is governed by the Spirit.

You said:
Stop copying how I say things, I never said there was a scripture that says Jesus did his part, but Jesus did do his part according to scriptures.

So you know that there is not a scripture that says Jesus did His part, but you still teach that Jesus did His part. Does your understanding of Christ not come solely from scripture? Don't you realize that you are adding to God's Word?

Because you believe that Christ only did part of the work necessary for our salvation, it causes to believe that "we must do our part" to complete the work. Where is your scripture that supports that statement? There are none. Again, you are adding to scripture.

Paul clearly says that mankind has no part to play in our own salvation. Christ does 100% of the works necessary.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Salvation is a "gift of God". God gives it to us freely because of His GRACE. We don't have to do anything to receive salvation or to earn it. Christ will do all that is necessary and a large part of His work is spiritual and is done "within" mankind. He is the one who will causes us to "will and do of His good pleasure". This is what produces a believer's "works of faith" and why they will stop sinning.

You are still operating under the Old Covenant of Law which is founded upon man's works. The New Covenant is founded upon the works of Christ. Christ does all the works (both physical and spiritual) that will cause a person to "walk by the Spirit". When a person does this, the law is fulfilled. This is how Christ fulfills 100% of the law.

You said:
So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27).

The "willful sin" is adding your own works to the works of Christ. I explained this concept to you earlier. When you mix your own works with faith , you are saying that Christ and His sacrifice was insufficient to save you. This is the one and only sin that leads to death.

I have explained the truth of how Christ converts a person to you before, but I will explain it again since it is so vital to know. When a person is called out from the world to enter the church, Christ comes to them without their asking and without their permission and freely gives them the Early Rain of the Spirit. Paul calls it the Holy Spirit of Promise in Eph 1:13:14. However, the Early Rain is only an earnest amount (down payment). It will leave the new believer spiritually blind and still governed by their carnality. Because it does, Satan will come to them and deceive them into accepting his "another gospel" which teaches faith mixed with works". This is the gospel that all the churches of the world are following. This is the sin that leads to death. They have lost their salvation and are not believe governed by the Holy Spirit. They are being governed by the spirit of anti-Christ.

If a fallen away believer is also "chosen", Christ will come to them a second time. This is commonly called the Second Coming of Christ but it is greatly misunderstood. In the marriage analogy, it is when Christ returns to marry his chaste virgin. But since all new believers fall away and fornicate with Satan (believing Satan over Christ), the chaste virgin is no longer chaste. To correct this "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45) spiritual condition before the Bridegroom returns for them, Christ will send a person to them in the spirit of Elijah with the call of repentance from works. Christ will then cause the fallen away believer to repent of their works. When they do this, the pathway for Christ to come to them is made "straight" by the person's faith. Christ will then come to them and pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit (Baptism of the Holy Spirit). This will convert the person into a child of God who is governed by the Spirit. With the Spirit within the person, the Spirit will cause the person "will and do of His good pleasure". The law will then be fulfilled within them.

You said concerning the Seventy Weeks prophecy:
It's common sense according to the scriptures, if Jesus got cut off in the middle of the week, then Jesus didn't fulfill all.

That is right. Jesus is still working to fulfill the last 3 1/2 years remaining of the prophecy.

In the first 3 1/2 years, Christ did the physical work that needed to be done (first comes the natural, then comes the spiritual). That work was completed at the cross and was under the Old Covenant of Law which demanded His blood sacrifice. As you said, He was cutoff in the middle of the final week. That leaves 3 1/2 years for Christ to complete the prophecy.

The last 3 1/2 years are currently being completed under the New Covenant. Since the New Covenant is spiritual, Christ is spiritually completing the last 3 1/2 years within His Elect. The last 3 1/2 years begin for an Elect person when Christ comes to them and gives them the Early Rain. It ends when Christ returns and gives them the Latter Rain. With the Latter Rain, the person is converted into a child of God who is governed by the Spirit. After Christ completes this spiritual work within all the Elect of this age, all SIX of the goals of Dan 9:24 will be fulfilled:

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, 1). to finish the transgression, and 2). to make an end of sins, and 3). to make reconciliation for iniquity, and 4). to bring in everlasting righteousness, and 5). to seal up the vision and prophecy, and 6). to anoint the most Holy.

Joe

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear bro.tan,
You said:
That righteousness of the law Paul is talking about here is the Commandments of God. So if you walking in the spirit you walking in the law, and one of those Commandments is to keep the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week Saturday.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God (Jesus Christ) WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The righteousness of the law is fulfilled when a believer has been converted and is only walking by the Spirit. When the Spirit governs a believer, they will love God and love their neighbor. "Love is the fulfilling of the law":
This is the problem right here. God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.
There no need to post verses concerning with doing away with the law or being delivered from the law, that Paul talks about, thats concerning animal sacrificial law, not the Commandments.
Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

It is the Spirit that causes us to "will and do of His good pleasure". And since the Spirit is holy and righteous, it cannot sin.

When the Spirit governs a converted believer, they rest from their works and will never sin again.

When a believer "rests" in Christ, they are spiritually fulfilling Sabbath Day.
That's not true at all and Paul don't agree with you and I don't either, because years after Paul became what you call a believer, look what Paul did in (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath.
Let me ask you this: Do you still observe the physical law of circumcision? If you answer no, then why are you still observing the physical law of the Sabbath Day. Both laws are the same and both are spiritually fulfilled when a person is governed by the Spirit.
Of course, let's go into the future in Ezekiel 44: 6-8
So you know that there is not a scripture that says Jesus did His part, but you still teach that Jesus did His part. Does your understanding of Christ not come solely from scripture? Don't you realize that you are adding to God's Word?
Again, I never said Jesus did his part is a scripture or verse, you making things up now. Jesus did his part is a fact, go read Isaiah 53rd Chapter. This is how I know you not understanding the word of God correctly cause you making up this.
Because you believe that Christ only did part of the work necessary for our salvation, it causes to believe that "we must do our part" to complete the work. Where is your scripture that supports that statement? There are none. Again, you are adding to scripture.
A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
Paul clearly says that mankind has no part to play in our own salvation. Christ does 100% of the works necessary.
Paul said in (1 Cor. 9:24-27) (v.24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (v.25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. Paul says that when you run in a race every body is running for a prize. But this prize that he is referring to is eternal life, that’s what he means by an incorruptible, he’s talking about an incorruptible body, a heavenly body. (v.26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight, not as one that beateth the air: (v.27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. You see Paul knew exactly what was going on that why he says he has to bring his body under subjection. Under subjection to what? To God’s Law, Paul knew that if he didn’t continue to keep Gods law that even after he had preached to many that he himself could still become a castaway. This doesn’t sound like Paul thinks that he has guarantee salvation.

Don’t allow yourself to be deceived into believing that once you believe in the Lord that your work is finished, it has just started.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that cults teach that you are to keep the law to try to Go to Heaven.

Whereas...

God sent His Son, as the only way to Heaven. John 14:6

Do you understand the Difference?
its a big Difference.
I think I do, you may believe I'm in a cult because I believe what the Bible teaches. Throughout the bible I find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be? This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good (Romans 7:12) even today.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t allow yourself to be deceived into believing that once you believe in the Lord that your work is finished, it has just started.
Dear bro.tan,
You said:
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.

That is mostly true. But is circumcision a part of the priesthood laws? No, it is not. Then why does Paul say that we are to no longer physically keep the law of circumcision?

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

He makes this statement because the physical law of circumcision was only a shadow of things to come.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This concept of "first comes the physical, then comes the spiritual" is also true of the Sabbath Day law:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, OR OF THE SABBATH DAYS: 17 Which are a SHADOW OF THIINGS TO COME to come; but the body is of Christ.

The "things to come" occurs when the law is spiritually fulfilled within a person by Christ. A converted believer keeps the law of circumcision because Christ circumcised them in the heart (spiritually). Likewise, a converted believer keeps the Sabbath Day law when they enter into the "rest" of Christ.

Physically keeping the Sabbath Day is only a "shadow" of its spiritual fulfillment by Christ.

Also, Paul made his statement above not because the church was keeping the Sabbath Day, but because they were not.

No where in the writings of Paul, Peter, John, James or the others do they say to keep the Sabbath Day. If it was important to physically observe the Sabbath Day, why didn't they teach it to the Gentiles who had no knowledge of the Jewish laws? Why didn't they teach them what they could and could not do on each Sabbath Day? Where are their teachings about it?

Here is what they did teach the Gentiles:

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

You have not ceased from your own works. The physical keeping of the Sabbath Day is only a shadow of things to come. We stop physically keeping the Sabbath Day when Christ spiritually enters us and performs all the works for us. His spiritual works are manifested into the world through us.

Christ "typed" this truth here:

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Weren't the disciples breaking the Sabbath Day law? Yes, they most certainly were and the Pharisees called Jesus on it. So why didn't Christ say that the Pharisees were right and then tell the disciples to stop breaking the law? The answer is because the disciples had (in type) entered into the rest of Christ, just as Paul explained in Heb 4:3-10. When we enter into the rest of Christ, we spiritually rest every day of the week and it is no longer necessary to physically keep the Sabbath Day.

Physically resting on the Sabbath Day is spiritually fulfilled when we enter into the rest of Christ, just as the law of circumcision is spiritually fulfilled when we are circumcised in the heart.

You said:
Again, I never said Jesus did his part is a scripture or verse, you making things up now. Jesus did his part is a fact, go read Isaiah 53rd Chapter. This is how I know you not understanding the word of God correctly cause you making up this.

You say that scripture does not teach that Jesus did His part, but then you refer me to Isa 53??? Which is it, does scripture say that Jesus did His part for our salvation or doesn't it?

When you say that Christ did His "part", to me that means that you believe that Christ did not do everything that is necessary to save us - that we must do our part, too, in order to be saved. But scripture never says that Christ's work was only in "part". It says it was complete. You are only considering the work Christ did at the cross. You are not considering His ongoing spiritual work that He is doing within the Elect. Both parts of Christ's work make up the whole of what needs to be done to save us. Christ does everything, both the physical work of the cross and the spiritual work within us. Nothing else needs to be done to save us. We contribute nothing.

How can a person enter into the rest of Christ if Christ only does part of the work as you claim?

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Christ works "all things", not just part of the work as you claim.

You said:
A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

Christ was talking to a Jewish man who was under the Law. Christ's answered him by telling him to "keep the commandments". But Christ knew that it was IMPOSSIBLE for the man to keep the Law. If it were possible, the man could have been justified by the law and the New Covenant would not have been necessary. However, someday, the man will realize this truth and it will lead him to Christ and the New Covenant of Grace though Faith. Christ will then enter into the man and keep the law for him. Christ will do the works and the man will rest from his labors of trying to keep the law.

You said:

In other words, you don't believe that we can ever enter into the "rest" of Christ.

If you believe that after we are saved, we have to keep working to maintain our salvation, when does it ever end? When is our salvation ever secure?

You are forgetting that Christ is the Savior of mankind and that He is the one who does the saving. He saves us by freely giving us the Holy Spirit who will govern all our actions and beliefs (causes us to will and do of His good pleasure). It is at that point that our salvation is secure and we rest from our labors. We have no ability to contribute anything to our salvation. That is why Christ must do it all.

Your belief in "works" is the crooked way of Satan. The straight way of faith is the only path that leads to salvation. After Christ makes a person's path straight, He will come to them and do the all works for them. This is the only way a person can keep the commandments of God. You have misunderstood the most fundamental teaching of scripture (faith vs. works).

Joe

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear bro.tan,
You said: When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.

That is mostly true. But is circumcision a part of the priesthood laws? No, it is not. Then why does Paul say that we are to no longer physically keep the law of circumcision?

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

He makes this statement because the physical law of circumcision was only a shadow of things to come.
I agree when Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. Paul says in Gal 5: 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This concept of "first comes the physical, then comes the spiritual" is also true of the Sabbath Day law:
Basically what Paul is saying is for there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Romans 2: 11-13)
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, OR OF THE SABBATH DAYS: 17 Which are a SHADOW OF THIINGS TO COME to come; but the body is of Christ.
In Leviticus, 23rd Chapter the sabbath day and the High Holy Days which begin I believe on the new moon. Are the feast of the Lord's. These days are to be observe in their season. In Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. These feast days are the plans of God, they represent the future, with example from the past. All Holy Days are not to eat or drink, such as the atonement, but still to be observe. So this is actually what a person would say to someone who do not keep these feast day of the Lord, if they were judging them on those High and Holy Sabbath days, they were keeping. They would quoted Colossians 2: 16-17. So if you keep the first day of the week, Sunday, then it makes no sense to use this verse. You cannot worship other days that’s not written in the Bible to do, and then use the Bible to justify it. So if you keep another day thats not written in the Bible, then you are doing something on your own, thus it would really be contradictorily.
Also, Paul made his statement above not because the church was keeping the Sabbath Day, but because they were not.

No where in the writings of Paul, Peter, John, James or the others do they say to keep the Sabbath Day. If it was important to physically observe the Sabbath Day, why didn't they teach it to the Gentiles who had no knowledge of the Jewish laws? Why didn't they teach them what they could and could not do on each Sabbath Day? Where are their teachings about it?
Now when they had passed through Am-phip’-o-lis and Ap-ol-lo’-ni-a, they came to Thes-sa-lo-ni’-ca, where was a synagogue of the Jews: (v.2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures," Now Paul evidently was around Thes-sa-lo-ni'-ca for a few weeks and as his manner was he went into the synagogue three sabbath days. Do you understand what the word manner means? Its definition is; a characteristic or customary mode of acting: custom: fashion. It was the law. (Acts 17:1-2) (v.2) Paul went into the synagogue every sabbath, not every Sunday people, this is the apostle Paul, and it said that Paul reasoned with them out of the scriptures. I wonder why Paul didn't enlighten them with some 1 Corinthians, or maybe hit them with some Galatians, or endow them with a little 2 Thessalonians, because these books were not around when Paul was preaching the gospel. He reasoned with them out of the scriptures, which are from Genesis to Malachi.
Here is what they did teach the Gentiles: Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
I believe Paul was teaching the Hebrews not the Gentiles. The rest Paul is talking about does point to the future, but if a person what to enter in that rest, keeping the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week
is part of the Commandment of God, and breaking this Commandment is a sin. Now we know the wages of sin is Death. Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.
You said: Again, I never said Jesus did his part is a scripture or verse, you making things up now. Jesus did his part is a fact, go read Isaiah 53rd Chapter. This is how I know you not understanding the word of God correctly cause you making up this.

You say that scripture does not teach that Jesus did His part, but then you refer me to Isa 53??? Which is it, does scripture say that Jesus did His part for our salvation or doesn't it?
You take the time reread what I said.
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Christ works "all things", not just part of the work as you claim.
Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part according to the Scriptures. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).
Your belief in "works" is the crooked way of Satan. The straight way of faith is the only path that leads to salvation. After Christ makes a person's path straight, He will come to them and do the all works for them. This is the only way a person can keep the commandments of God. You have misunderstood the most fundamental teaching of scripture (faith vs. works).

Joe
But you go to church on Sunday the first day of the week, which is not written in the Bible. That sounds more like Satan works to me. In fact Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

The law/commandments define transgression..
In other words, If there was no law or commandment that said....>"tho shalt not murder"< then if you murdered, there is nothing to define it as murder.

"where there is NO LAW.....there is NO SIN.. no Transgression"... = There is no LAW that defines that deed as a sin.

So, when we are unbelievers, the law and commandments continually define our carnality as sin.

This is the "curse of the Law".....as the law is what defines us all as .."all have sinned".

When we are born again, our "old man of sin" that was defined by the law, is crucified with Christ, and we are "made free from the law", having become ":dead to the Law".

This is explained as.. "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who believes"

"the born again are not under the law, but under Grace".

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree when Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. Paul says in Gal 5: 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Basically what Paul is saying is for there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Romans 2: 11-13)

In Leviticus, 23rd Chapter the sabbath day and the High Holy Days which begin I believe on the new moon. Are the feast of the Lord's. These days are to be observe in their season. In Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. These feast days are the plans of God, they represent the future, with example from the past. All Holy Days are not to eat or drink, such as the atonement, but still to be observe. So this is actually what a person would say to someone who do not keep these feast day of the Lord, if they were judging them on those High and Holy Sabbath days, they were keeping. They would quoted Colossians 2: 16-17. So if you keep the first day of the week, Sunday, then it makes no sense to use this verse. You cannot worship other days that’s not written in the Bible to do, and then use the Bible to justify it. So if you keep another day thats not written in the Bible, then you are doing something on your own, thus it would really be contradictorily.

Now when they had passed through Am-phip’-o-lis and Ap-ol-lo’-ni-a, they came to Thes-sa-lo-ni’-ca, where was a synagogue of the Jews: (v.2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures," Now Paul evidently was around Thes-sa-lo-ni'-ca for a few weeks and as his manner was he went into the synagogue three sabbath days. Do you understand what the word manner means? Its definition is; a characteristic or customary mode of acting: custom: fashion. It was the law. (Acts 17:1-2) (v.2) Paul went into the synagogue every sabbath, not every Sunday people, this is the apostle Paul, and it said that Paul reasoned with them out of the scriptures. I wonder why Paul didn't enlighten them with some 1 Corinthians, or maybe hit them with some Galatians, or endow them with a little 2 Thessalonians, because these books were not around when Paul was preaching the gospel. He reasoned with them out of the scriptures, which are from Genesis to Malachi.

I believe Paul was teaching the Hebrews not the Gentiles. The rest Paul is talking about does point to the future, but if a person what to enter in that rest, keeping the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week
is part of the Commandment of God, and breaking this Commandment is a sin. Now we know the wages of sin is Death. Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

You take the time reread what I said.

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part according to the Scriptures. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

But you go to church on Sunday the first day of the week, which is not written in the Bible. That sounds more like Satan works to me. In fact Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.
Dear bro.tan,
I only want to make a few comments since I have addressed most of your points before.

You said:
Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

You keep leaving out the next verse (v.13) that says "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

You said:
Paul went into the synagogue every sabbath, not every Sunday people, this is the apostle Paul, and it said that Paul reasoned with them out of the scriptures.

Paul went to the synagogue of the Jews on the Sabbath Day because that was when the Jews were available for Paul to teach them. Paul was not going there to honor the Sabbath Day because He was already honoring it after having entered into the rest of Christ.

As for when people go to church, it doesn't matter what day of the week they go.

As for my wife and I, we do not attend any church because all the churches are apostate. All 2,000 different denominations/sects add some form of "works" to faith and are under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ. They have almost no understanding of the truth. They have all been deceived because of their spiritual blindness. The apostate churches are places where the blind lead the blind. Paul said that "wolves" would enter the church shortly after his departing. Paul called this event the apostasy. Nothing has changed in the church since that time.

Since Paul's death, the pathway to salvation requires that the Elect pass through the apostate church. When Christ is ready to pull them out of the apostate church, Christ will cause them to repent of their works. This will make Christ's pathway "straight". Christ will then come to them a second time and pour out the Latter Rain. With the Latter Rain, their spiritual blindness will be healed. They will then immediately be able to "see" the Abomination of Desolation that occurred within themselves when the spirit of anti-Christ entered them. This is also the time when the Man of Sin is revealed to them and they will find that they are the Man of Sin. When this happens, Christ's judgment will quickly fall on them and remove & destroy the spirit of anti-Christ and their worsened carnal nature (Great Harlot). When Christ's judgment is complete, the Elect person is converted.

There simply are NO churches in this world that are not apostate. The "few" believers who Christ brings out of them will then continually worship God in Spirit and in Truth every day of the week.

My wife and I received the Latter Rain in 2005. At that time, our spiritual blindness was healed and we immediately left the church we attended. We have never gone back because "light has no fellowship with darkness". Our conversion testimony is posted on my website.

I came across a scripture today that is relevant to our discussion. I will post it below:

John 6:27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal. 28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

As Christ says, a person works the "works" of God simply by having faith and believing Him. And the faith they have was given to them by Christ. They have "no works" to contribute to their salvation. When a person has faith, they will enter into the rest of Christ because Christ will cause them "will and do of His good pleasure".

It makes no sense to continue this discussion since I am just repeating myself in my posts. Plus, I need to take a break from the forum to do some work on my website. It will probably take several days to complete. After it is finished, I'll return to the forum at that time (as the Lord wills).

Joe

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear bro.tan,
I only want to make a few comments since I have addressed most of your points before.

You said:
Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

You keep leaving out the next verse (v.13) that says "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
Not leaving anything out, because the wages of sin is death. Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

You said:
Paul went into the synagogue every sabbath, not every Sunday people, this is the apostle Paul, and it said that Paul reasoned with them out of the scriptures.

Paul went to the synagogue of the Jews on the Sabbath Day because that was when the Jews were available for Paul to teach them. Paul was not going there to honor the Sabbath Day because He was already honoring it after having entered into the rest of Christ.

As for when people go to church, it doesn't matter what day of the week they go.
No! Paul went into the synagogue every Sabbath because it is the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

As for my wife and I, we do not attend any church because all the churches are apostate. All 2,000 different denominations/sects add some form of "works" to faith and are under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ. They have almost no understanding of the truth. They have all been deceived because of their spiritual blindness. The apostate churches are places where the blind lead the blind. Paul said that "wolves" would enter the church shortly after his departing. Paul called this event the apostasy. Nothing has changed in the church since that time.
Not attending church is breaking the law. In the scriptures it's written in (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. Let’s take a look and see what Jesus did when he came in the flesh, And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Luke 4:14-16)

Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel was His people then and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day.
Since Paul's death, the pathway to salvation requires that the Elect pass through the apostate church. When Christ is ready to pull them out of the apostate church, Christ will cause them to repent of their works. This will make Christ's pathway "straight". Christ will then come to them a second time and pour out the Latter Rain. With the Latter Rain, their spiritual blindness will be healed. They will then immediately be able to "see" the Abomination of Desolation that occurred within themselves when the spirit of anti-Christ entered them. This is also the time when the Man of Sin is revealed to them and they will find that they are the Man of Sin. When this happens, Christ's judgment will quickly fall on them and remove & destroy the spirit of anti-Christ and their worsened carnal nature (Great Harlot). When Christ's judgment is complete, the Elect person is converted.

There simply are NO churches in this world that are not apostate. The "few" believers who Christ brings out of them will then continually worship God in Spirit and in Truth every day of the week.

My wife and I received the Latter Rain in 2005. At that time, our spiritual blindness was healed and we immediately left the church we attended. We have never gone back because "light has no fellowship with darkness". Our conversion testimony is posted on my website.

I came across a scripture today that is relevant to our discussion. I will post it below:

John 6:27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal. 28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

As Christ says, a person works the "works" of God simply by having faith and believing Him. And the faith they have was given to them by Christ. They have "no works" to contribute to their salvation. When a person has faith, they will enter into the rest of Christ because Christ will cause them "will and do of His good pleasure".
And when you believe on him you do as he say, one of those things Jesus said is in John (14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jesus further defines the love He requires when He states in the following verse that those who have His commandments and keep them are those that love Him. One does not have to guess at Jesus definition of love He made it clear. John (14:21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

It makes no sense to continue this discussion since I am just repeating myself in my posts. Plus, I need to take a break from the forum to do some work on my website. It will probably take several days to complete. After it is finished, I'll return to the forum at that time (as the Lord wills).

Joe

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law/commandments define transgression..
In other words, If there was no law or commandment that said....>"tho shalt not murder"< then if you murdered, there is nothing to define it as murder.

"where there is NO LAW.....there is NO SIN.. no Transgression"... = There is no LAW that defines that deed as a sin.

So, when we are unbelievers, the law and commandments continually define our carnality as sin.

This is the "curse of the Law".....as the law is what defines us all as .."all have sinned".

When we are born again, our "old man of sin" that was defined by the law, is crucified with Christ, and we are "made free from the law", having become ":dead to the Law".

This is explained as.. "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who believes"

"the born again are not under the law, but under Grace".

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".
Only is it was that simple it's not, we wouldn't need all this Bible is was that simple. Grace is nothing more than a free gift. And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul says in (Gal. 3:1, 13, 16-17, 19, 24) (v.1) O FOOLISH Ga-la’-tians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (v.13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, CURSED IS EVERYONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE: What law is this talking about? Let the bible speak for itself.

(v.16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ. (v.17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

(v.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law.

How do you add a law if sin is the transgression of the law? Because there are two sets of laws, you have God’s holy commandments which abided forever, and you had the animal sacrificial law which was added because of sin, but it was only good until the seed should come to whom the promise was made, and that seed was Jesus.

(v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster.

And this schoolmaster taught you that when you sinned in ignorance blood had to be shed (an animal sacrificed). But Christ being the ultimate sacrifice shed his precious blood once and for all, and by doing this putting an end to the animal sacrificial law.

Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. So when you quoted all the places in the Bible that do away with this animal sacrificial law, not understanding that Paul talks about two sets of law. The Royal law (Ten Commandments) and the animal sacrificial law sometimes in the same verse you bring can bring destruction to yourself not knowing which law is which.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The religious people of Jesus' day complained that He ate with sinners. What was Jesus' purpose for doing this? Jesus did it to call them to repentance. He likened sinners to people who are sick and in need of a physician. Sin is a disease and a curse that only Jesus can take away. Once taken away, sinners are made clean and given a new heart, one that now seeks after God's righteousness; and continuing to knowingly sin is a thing of the past because they have received a true born again experience.

Luke 5
[29] And Levi made him [Jesus] a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans [tax collectors] and of others that sat down with them.
[30] But their scribes and Pharisees [religious leaders] murmured against his [Jesus'] disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?
[31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
[32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Exactly true. Jesus does not come to call sinners to be His people, but to repent of sinning to come and be made His people and brethren by the holy God.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

There is no way, especially not Jesus' only way to the Father, that unrepented sinners can be made into the righteous and holy image of Jesus Christ. Not without first repenting of our sinning.

Sometime Christians act like the sinners are the noble ones, because Jesus comes for them. He comes for them to repent, not to be His chosen people as they are.

"Come exactly as you are to Jesus"
, is a common error of Christian preaching. We don't come to Jesus exactly as we are, unrepented sinners, but exactly as He commands us to come: Repented believers.