Jesus unfulfilled Messianic Prophecies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can Jesus be the "Messiah" (King) if He was never actually Messiah since He was killed before becoming "King" and also did not fulfill the main requirements to be the Messiah: King over all the world and world peace?

Preterists say that Jesus Second Coming has ALREADY happened. But how can that be if the whole point of a "Second Coming" in the first place is cause Jesus did not fulfill all the Messianic prophecies the first time around?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His first coming was as the suffering servant, when He returns as He promised, He will be coming as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
so he will sprinkle many nations,
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand.
Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.” —Isaiah 52:13-53:12

He DID fulfill the first part and, look out because the second coming is VERY near.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Jesus be the "Messiah" (King) if He was never actually Messiah since He was killed before becoming "King" and also did not fulfill the main requirements to be the Messiah: King over all the world and world peace?

Preterists say that Jesus Second Coming has ALREADY happened. But how can that be if the whole point of a "Second Coming" in the first place is cause Jesus did not fulfill all the Messianic prophecies the first time around?

Just to clarify your own OP:
What are all of the prophecies? Who knows them and knows what does or would constitute their fulfillment? Is a person lost without hope if he is unable to answer those questions?

What is the world? What did Jesus overcome?

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

When did he leave the world?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world..." John 17:11

What is the peace in that world?

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only sign given to that generation was Jonah. That generation was obliterated by the use of the Romans who raged war on Jerusalem. I believe that there was a bride who survived the destruction either they taken up by Jesus before it happened. That was what being saved was about in the generation being saved from the coming wrath of God that was coming upon the nation of Israel.

Israel has became spiritually known as sodom and Egypt and the divorcement of the old covenant was at the destruction. No where in the Bible do you have a scripture the temple being rebuilt a third time.

I have a lot of proof of these things but not a computer at the moment to share however a book called Knife to a gunfight: misinterpreting the place and purpose of the New Testament by Shawn Mcranney lays all of these things out.

I believe Jesus is the Lord of lord and King of kings now. This the only book can suggest because though for some it’s a toss up on the air on the dating of revelation, but you can use internal evidence of the Bible that suggest the wrath of God was coming to the predestined nation he had chosen to work with who killed his own son.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You seem to have decided what the Messiah's responsibilities are, but maybe you are wrong. By dying on the cross, Jesus cut off the power of Satan. That's good enough for me.

Reactions: MatthewG

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah doesn't mean king. You might want to get a concordance. The word means "anointed" and applies to kings, priests, and prophets. Jesus was all three, but He said that His kingdom was not of this world (John 18:36).
Maybe you just need to read the bible carefully and think about it a bit before asking questions.

Reactions: amadeus