Hamas Says Red Heifers Provoked October 7 Attack

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WAR UPDATE: Why Hamas Hates the Red Heifer | Read | Messiah Online | FFOZ

Nine red heifers were prepared in keeping with this commandment until the destruction of the Second Temple. Moses our Teacher prepared the first one. Ezra prepared the second. There were seven between Ezra and the destruction of the Temple. The tenth will be prepared by King Messiah; may he be revealed soon! Amen, let it be his will! (Mishneh Torah, Hilchot Parah Adumah 3:4)

When Abu Obeida, a military spokesman for Hamas, began his televised speech marking 100 days since the October 7 attack, most of what he said followed the familiar mantra of praising Hamas' military resistance and calling for all Muslims to rise against Israel. But as he began listing the motives for the October 7 massacre, he said that the aggression against "our path and Al-Aqsa" reached its peak with the "bringing of red cows." To much of the world, such a statement sounds strange, but to a Messianic believer, the charge is loaded with Messianic implications. The "bringing of red cows" Obeida referred to was the 2022 arrival of five red heifers to the Temple Institute, a Jewish organization focused on establishing the Third Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The site, currently occupied by the Al-Aqsa Mosque, is an Islamic holy site and is continually the center of tension in the region.

But why was the arrival of red heifers so offensive? The rare animal is the main component in a ritual purification ceremony for cleansing ritual impurity from proximity or contact with a dead body. Since the destruction of the Second Temple, all Jews today are considered ritually impure, thereby preventing the return of the Temple service. Securing a potential unblemished red heifer is key to the first steps of restarting the Temple service, which implies the removal of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, rebuilding the Temple, and, ultimately, the return of the Temple Mount into Jewish control.

The current effort to rebuild the Temple is not supported by Israel's government or universally supported within Judaism, but the step toward performing the arcane red heifer ceremony doesn't just imply a return to the Holy Temple service; it points to the nearness of Messiah and the ultimate redemption of Israel. From the belief that Messiah himself will prepare the tenth red heifer to the ceremony's hinting at the resurrection of the dead, it's no surprise that the current turmoil in the Holy Land can be traced to the preparation of the red heifer.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still trying to wrap my head around determine the significance of the red heifer
Looks like ultimately it is symbolic of Christ

-Slaughtered without the Court( outside camp of meeting--symbolic of Golgotha?)
-the high priest to sprinkle the blood 7 times in front of the Tabernacle
-Burned completely and burned whole
-Its ashes combined with cedar, hyssop, and scarlet
-Mixed with water. I read where the ashes must be mixed with running water, although I can't find that in the chapter (Jesus is living water)
-and used for purification of uncleaness of people who were around someone who dies, and also on the goods of the dead, if died in a tent. ( (so all things in the tent or close to the dead one unless those things were covered),
including people must be purified who touched bones or graves.

As I understand it, the cedar represents the cross,
the hyssop for purging (offered to Christ on the Cross) John 19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.,
and the scarlet robe He was made to wear. Matt 27:28 And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The easiest to understand the red heifer is what Got Questions writes because it is condensed in an understandable way.

It seems that every few years, a red heifer (red cow) is born in Israel, and it results in some people thinking that the return of Jesus is near. Why is this? What does a red heifer have to do with the end times? Before we explore that question directly, it is important to understand the significance of a red heifer in the Bible.

To meet the requirements of the Old Testament law, a red heifer was needed to help accomplish the purification of the Israelites from uncleanness—specifically, the ashes of a red heifer were needed (see Numbers 19). Because red heifer ashes were necessary for the purification rites held at the temple, many have regarded the appearance of a red heifer today as heralding the construction of the third temple and the return of Christ.

According to rabbinical tradition, there have been nine red heifers sacrificed since Moses’ time. Since the destruction of the second temple, no red heifers have been slaughtered. The rabbi Maimonides (1135—1204) taught that the tenth red heifer would be sacrificed by the Messiah Himself (Parah Adumah, ch. 3, § 4). The Temple Institute, a group advocating the construction of a third temple, reports that five flawless red heifers from Texas arrived in Israel on September 15, 2022 (The Temple Institute of Jerusalem - Learn About the Temple Institute, accessed 9/22/22). Many people view this event as a fulfilment of prophecy, since the acquisition of a red heifer is a major step forward in plans for a new temple.

The Mosaic Law specified that the red heifer was to be “without defect or blemish” and to have never borne a yoke (Numbers 19:2). The sacrifice of the red heifer was unique in the law in that it used a female animal, it was sacrificed away from the entrance to the tabernacle, and it was the only sacrifice in which the color of the animal was specified.

The slaughtering of a red heifer is described in Numbers 19:1–10. Eleazar the priest was to oversee the ritual outside the camp of the Israelites. After the animal was killed, Eleazar was to sprinkle some of its blood toward the front of the tabernacle seven times (verse 4). Then he left camp again and oversaw the burning of the carcass of the red heifer (verse 5). As the red heifer burned, the priest was to add “some cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet wool” to the fire (verse 6).

The ashes of the red heifer were then collected and stored “in a ceremonially clean place outside the camp.” The ashes were used “in the water of cleansing; it is for purification from sin” (Numbers 19:9). The law goes on to detail when and how the ashes of the red heifer were used in purifying those who came in contact with a dead body: “Whoever touches a human corpse will be unclean for seven days. They must purify themselves with the water on the third day and on the seventh day; then they will be clean” (verses 11–12). The purification process involved the ashes of the red heifer in this way: “Put some ashes from the burned purification offering into a jar and pour fresh water over them. Then a man who is ceremonially clean is to take some hyssop, dip it in the water and sprinkle . . . anyone who has touched a human bone or a grave or anyone who has been killed or anyone who has died a natural death” (verses 17–18).

The commands concerning the red heifer were yet another foreshadowing of the sacrifice of Christ for believers’ sin. The Lord Jesus was “without blemish,” just as the red heifer was to be. As the heifer was sacrificed “outside the camp” (Numbers 19:3), Jesus was crucified outside of Jerusalem (Hebrews 13:11–12). And, just as the ashes of the red heifer cleansed people from the contamination of death, so the sacrifice of Christ saves us from the penalty and corruption of death.

The red heifer ritual as established in the Mosaic Law was fairly simple; in the interval since that time, Judaism has added many standards and extra criteria. Talmudic tradition speaks of the type of rope the red heifer was to be bound with, the direction it was to face when being slaughtered, the words spoken by the priest, the wearing of sandals during the ritual, etc. The rabbinical rules listed many things that would disqualify a red heifer from being sacrificed: if she had been ridden or leaned on, if she had a garment placed over her, if a bird had rested on her, and if she had two black or white hairs, among many other conditions not found in the biblical text.

According to the futurist timeline of eschatology, there will indeed be a third temple of God in Jerusalem. Jesus prophesied a desecration of the temple to occur during the tribulation (Matthew 24:15; cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4); for that to happen, there obviously will need to be a temple. Assuming those who dedicate the end-times temple follow Jewish law, they will need the ashes of a red heifer, mixed with water, for the ceremonial cleansing. If a blemish-free red heifer has truly been found and is in Israel, that could be one more piece falling into place for the fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Must a red heifer be found before the rapture occurs? No, Jesus could return to receive His own at any moment. The rapture is not contingent on the presence of any particular cow. Must a red heifer be found before the temple is rebuilt? Not necessarily, although temple advocates certainly want one for ceremonial purposes. Are animal sacrifices of any type required today? No, Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of the law, and His sacrifice provides true forgiveness and life eternal.

Scripture explicitly contrasts the red heifer ceremony with the greater sacrifice of Christ: “The ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!” (Hebrews 9:13–14).
Doesn't look like you read my post. there is a lot of stuff that I wrote in there that you are restating (?)
As for futurism, I don't know about that. I merely stated what I thought it ultimately was--symbolic of Christ, but used as purification, probably against death. This animal is different from the other sacrifices--this is why i pondered it.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't look like you read my post. there is a lot of stuff that I wrote in there that you are restating (?)
As for futurism, I don't know about that. I merely stated what I thought it ultimately was--symbolic of Christ, but used as purification, probably against death. This animal is different from the other sacrifices--this is why i pondered it.

Dont worry. I just removed the link that I used for explanation

Dont want to confuse anyone else

Since It is not for Christian salvation it would be best if a messianic came along for clarity because I will surely mess it up.

But it just must have meant something to Hamas......

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

US hits 85 sites in Iraq, Syria linked to Iran’s IRGC, militias after fatal drone attack​

Opening strikes target command HQs, intelligence centers, weapons facilities connected to Iran and regional proxies, in response to assault that killed 3 US soldiers​

US President Joe Biden, third left, and first lady Jill Biden, right, stand as an Army carry team moves the transfer case containing the remains of US Army Sgt. Kennedy Ladon Sanders at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware, February 2, 2024. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
US President Joe Biden, third left, and first lady Jill Biden, right, stand as an Army carry team moves the transfer case containing the remains of US Army Sgt. Kennedy Ladon Sanders at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware, February 2, 2024.
The US military launched an air assault on dozens of sites in Iraq and Syria used by Iranian-backed militias and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Friday, in the opening salvo of retaliation for the drone strike that killed three US troops in Jordan last weekend.
US President Joe Biden said in a statement: “The United States does not seek conflict in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world. But let all those who might seek to do us harm know this: If you harm an American, we will respond.”
Biden and other top US leaders had been warning for days that America would strike back at the militias, and they made it clear it wouldn’t be just one hit but a “tiered response” over time.

Biden made that point again in his statement, saying: “Our response began today. It will continue at times and places of our choosing.”

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In America we have groups of people staging blockaids of our highways,protesting, in support of the terror group HAMAS.

I am no fan of this guy however, he's spot on here.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Read a couple of things of Red Heifers and Israel that I want to share.

Written 1-26-24 (one month ago)

Hamas Spokesman Abu Ubaydah Reveals: We Attacked after the Jews Imported Red Heifers​

Following an absence of more than 52 days, which he likely spent hiding in a tunnel, the spokesman for the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, Abu Ubaydah made a comeback on the 100th day of the war, not in person – he’s no fool – but in the style of the late Ossama Bin Laden, through a recorded video message. Among other things, he underscored the real cause for the October 7 atrocities, the growing conviction on the part of the Hamas leadership that the Jews were on a path of religious reawakening that would lead to the demolition of the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount.

According to the Jordanian news website Al Bawaba, Abu Ubaida revisited in his recorded speech the origins of the conflict, emphasizing the religious beliefs that ignited the war. “At the core of these beliefs is a specific Jewish Zionist idea involving the burning of five red heifers,” explains Al Bawaba’s Osama Ali.

Like everything their prophet Mohamad took from the Jews (those pesky Jewish Zionists), this bit is not wrong, there is a connection in Jewish tradition between a red heifer and messianic redemption – not five red heifers, one is more than enough.

Ali continues: “The recent buzz revolves around the arrival of five red heifers from Texas to Israel ten months ago, strategically placed in a secret farm near Beit She’an
NOW!!!!!!!!

This is from Dave W at another site..... I saw this just after I read and posted this above.

but apparently the Temple Faithful is planning on slaughtering one of the Red Cows on Passover (end of April) I saw an interesting video on FaceBook that showed the path of last falls and the early April solar eclipses, and they cross in Texas, not too far from where the Red Cows were raised.

Maranatha, Amen

• Sad
Reactions: BlessedPeace

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nine red heifers were prepared in keeping with this commandment until the destruction of the Second Temple. Moses our Teacher prepared the first one. Ezra prepared the second. There were seven between Ezra and the destruction of the Temple. The tenth will be prepared by King Messiah; may he be revealed soon! Amen, let it be his will! (Mishneh Torah, Hilchot Parah Adumah 3:4)

When Abu Obeida, a military spokesman for Hamas, began his televised speech marking 100 days since the October 7 attack, most of what he said followed the familiar mantra of praising Hamas' military resistance and calling for all Muslims to rise against Israel. But as he began listing the motives for the October 7 massacre, he said that the aggression against "our path and Al-Aqsa" reached its peak with the "bringing of red cows." To much of the world, such a statement sounds strange, but to a Messianic believer, the charge is loaded with Messianic implications. The "bringing of red cows" Obeida referred to was the 2022 arrival of five red heifers to the Temple Institute, a Jewish organization focused on establishing the Third Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The site, currently occupied by the Al-Aqsa Mosque, is an Islamic holy site and is continually the center of tension in the region.

But why was the arrival of red heifers so offensive? The rare animal is the main component in a ritual purification ceremony for cleansing ritual impurity from proximity or contact with a dead body. Since the destruction of the Second Temple, all Jews today are considered ritually impure, thereby preventing the return of the Temple service. Securing a potential unblemished red heifer is key to the first steps of restarting the Temple service, which implies the removal of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, rebuilding the Temple, and, ultimately, the return of the Temple Mount into Jewish control.

The current effort to rebuild the Temple is not supported by Israel's government or universally supported within Judaism, but the step toward performing the arcane red heifer ceremony doesn't just imply a return to the Holy Temple service; it points to the nearness of Messiah and the ultimate redemption of Israel. From the belief that Messiah himself will prepare the tenth red heifer to the ceremony's hinting at the resurrection of the dead, it's no surprise that the current turmoil in the Holy Land can be traced to the preparation of the red heifer.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we need to say,given this,that HAMAS isn't the sharpest set of tools in the shed?

And Ramadan is coming. That should be interesting.

Reactions: RLT63

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Read a couple of things of Red Heifers and Israel that I want to share.

Written 1-26-24 (one month ago)

NOW!!!!!!!!

This is from Dave W at another site..... I saw this just after I read and posted this above.

but apparently the Temple Faithful is planning on slaughtering one of the Red Cows on Passover (end of April) I saw an interesting video on FaceBook that showed the path of last falls and the early April solar eclipses, and they cross in Texas, not too far from where the Red Cows were raised.

Maranatha, Amen
Well if they try to build the Third Temple, then we will see a problem to say nothing if they try to knock down the Dome of the Rock...