Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be to you.” 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 “See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(copying and moving to another thread, God Willing) >>>. (have to 'clean' this up (FORMAT IT) ... just put here to get to later) ....
="Hidden In Him, ]
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling (συμπαθής) of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:14-15)

This second is talking about our Lord having compassion upon us, being touched with feelings over our struggles where sin is concerned.[/QUOTE

QUOTE="Hidden In Him, ]For you had compassion (συμπαθής) of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. (Hebrews 10:33-34)[/QUOTE
----------------------------------

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the ordinal Last is the "Lord" Jesus, in flesh and bone, now without blood, but glorified in the Spirit. Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

JESUS, the ONLY true and LIVING GOD.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77 and H2S, consider this, or these verses. and give me your imput
1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:"
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Need more context. Including what commandment ?
the context is is the Lord Jesus and the commandment is that "HE" is the only one with "IMMORTALITY", meaning he's the only one with "ETERNAL LIFE".

your imputs.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the context is is the Lord Jesus and the commandment is that "HE" is the only one with "IMMORTALITY", meaning he's the only one with "ETERNAL LIFE".

your imputs.

PICJAG.
I don't see that in any of your posts here,

and besides, I have eternal life with and in Jesus, so what's your point or hope ?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see that in any of your posts here,

and besides, I have eternal life with and in Jesus, so what's your point or hope ?
HE's the "ONLY" one who have it as .... "GOD", see the point now?.

PICJAG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be Christ-like, do we not need to hear as He heard and see as He saw and speak as He spoke? Of course, this is not made in reference to the carnal vision, hearing and speech of men eyes. The answer is in Jesus' answer as to why He used parables:

Look to the scriptures, which describe the apparent natural healings by Jesus of the blind, the deaf and those unable to speak:

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.

And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:23-25

Notice that this blind man began to see after the first touch of Jesus, but a second touch was needed before his vision became very clear.

Also in Mark we find where Jesus opened the deaf ears and silent mouth of a man.

"And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him.

And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;

And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.

And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain." Mark 7:32-35

Jesus saw what His Father saw among men. Jesus spoke His Father's Word when He opened His mouth to speak.

Jesus heard clearly His Father's voice...

To give eyes to see, ears to hear and words to speak to others (you and me included) has always been God's will and His will was clearly manifested through His Son. Jesus touched people giving them vision and hearing and speech.

Without His touch what is left to anyone?

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matt 13:13-17

If we see anything of God and if we hear anything of God, is it not so because we have been touched by the Lord?

Perhaps some of us, or many of us, or even all of us, require more than one touch in order properly see and hear and speak in the way that God would want us to do.

If and when we see, hear and speak as Jesus sees, hears and speaks, are we not then Christ-like?

John wrote to us of this:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 6:11 "But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."
1 Timothy 6:13 "I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;"
1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:"
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

these few verses speak volume. But what we like to to zero in on, is verse 16. "Who only hath immortality” the term IMMORTALITY means, “ETERNAL LIFE”. and if Jesus is the ONLY one who have ETERNAL LIFE, then this means that he is the only one who holds the titles, a. “Father”, who is, CREATOR, and MAKER of all thing. b. “Son”, who is, REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR of all things. Meaning that he is the Holy Spirit, GOD almighty. We can clearly see this in John chapter 14.
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Here again, we see the clear revelation of the diversity of God. The keyword here is “ANOTHER”, as the definition clearly states, a numerical difference, “BUT” the same sort, or SOURCE. Meaning the same person in another form that is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) in nature. That’s why he said that he would “MANIFESTED” himself to them. And how did he do it? Answer, in the Spiritual gifts, which was given on the day of Pentecost, and foretold by God in the prophet Joel. This is a clear direct reference of the Lord Jesus in the OT when he said that he would pour out HIS spirit on all flesh. The ANOTHER, the numerical difference of the ordinal FIRST, and the ordinal LAST. Same one God as in Hebrew. 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." the same one God the numerical difference of the ordinal FIRST, and the ordinal LAST.

Oh how the bible is getting smaller and smaller, because we’re learning more and more about our God, who is our FATHER.

PICJAG.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh how the bible is getting smaller and smaller, because we’re learning more and more about our God, who is our FATHER.

PICJAG.
In a sense, yes, for some it is getting smaller, but for many it gets bigger and bigger and more and more complex. For God it is simple and for anyone communicating with Him and paying attention. Do I? Not as closely at times as I should! But... God is not finished with me yet!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Heart2Soul and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a sense, yes, for some it is getting smaller, but for many it gets bigger and bigger and more and more complex. For God it is simple and for anyone communicating with Him and paying attention. Do I? Not as closely at times as I should! But... God is not finished with me yet!
Give God the glory!
First thanks for the reply, second, God knows all his children. old friend, I thank God for you here on the site, you have the right words for the right time, or occasion.

God bless you and your family, take care.. ok.

PICJAG.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77 and H2S, consider this, or these verses. and give me your imput

PICJAG.
I just saw this...you didn't tag me
..lol.
I had to go read the entire chapter to gain the full context of the verses you gave... so the commandment he is referring to is to share the truth of the Gospel of Jesus in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, kindness ...etc and avoid strive and envy....until He returns.
.but He has returned already...so which return?
I am going to address one at a time.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just saw this...you didn't tag me
..lol.
I had to go read the entire chapter to gain the full context of the verses you gave... so the commandment he is referring to is to share the truth of the Gospel of Jesus in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, kindness ...etc and avoid strive and envy....until He returns.
.but He has returned already...so which return?
I am going to address one at a time.
GREAT, for the context is about JESUS who, who, "ONLY" have eternal LIFE.

so please, at your pleasure... post.

PICJAG.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GREAT, for the context is about JESUS who, who, "ONLY" have eternal LIFE.

so please, at your pleasure... post.

PICJAG.
Yes and we are grafted in to everything He is about....He bought us with a great price....and then He entered us and made our hearts where Hie chose to dwell in....then that opened up the access to the Father who then adopted us and made us sons and daughters and joint heirs with Christ....and whatever Jesus has attained we have attained as well through Him.

Reactions: 101G