Jesus's "siblings".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evasive about what? Who have I demanded to answer my questions?
post #19, a backhanded demand.

'Are you going to answer the questions under each section of verses in the opening post, or do you refuse?'

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
post #19, a backhanded demand.

'Are you going to answer the questions under each section of verses in the opening post, or do you refuse?'

How's that a "backhanded demand"? Also, you didn't answer my other question about your "facts" in post #41, in case you don't want to look evasive.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the old adage

do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

It does not help you.

Your questions have been answered multiple times.. If you do not wish to listen, thats on you.

but keep saying people are not answering you. you will get yourself ignored.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your questions have been answered multiple times. If you do not wish to listen, thats on you.

How can I listen to what hasn't been said? You claim Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were Jesus's siblings. In an effort to see you try and support that claim, I challenged you to answer the questions under each section of verses in the opening post here, and you refused.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I listen to what hasn't been said? You claim Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were Jesus's siblings. In an effort to see you try and support that claim, I challenged you to answer the questions under each section of verses in the opening post here, and you refused.
I see I will have to place you on ignore.

You need to humble yourself my friend. i will pray for you..

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You shouldn't have lied and said you answered the questions under each section of verses in the opening post when you didn't.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But only the siblings of Jesus would have been those "in his own house."

Why?

To see you try and support your claim that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were Jesus's siblings. Do you refuse to do that by answering the questions under each section of verses in the opening post?

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone considered the possibility that those brothers and sisters were children of Joseph from a previous marriage, Joseph being a widower when he married Mary?

It's not possible, because in my Were they Jesus's siblings? thread I've shown Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were the sons of Joseph's brother, Alphaeus, and his wife Mary of Alphaeus (Clopas/Cleophas).

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not possible, because in my Were they Jesus's siblings? thread I've shown Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were the sons of Joseph's brother, Alphaeus, and his wife Mary of Alphaeus (Clopas/Cleophas).
Are you still flogging this dead Catholic horse? For your own sanity...give it up. You have no proof for your assertions and the Bible is not giving you what you want. If it’s not clearly stated in the Bible, then it isn’t true. It says these were Jesus’ ‘brothers and sisters’ who accompanied their mother. Mary and Joseph had a normal Jewish marriage which included more children. “The brother of the Lord” (Gal 1:19) mentioned is Jesus’ half brother, James. None of the apostles are addressed this way. (John 2:12)
This thread, and any that you post to support Catholic teachings regarding Mary will not move anyone to adopt mere suggestions as facts, to support a belief that the Bible does not even mention.

Widen out your research.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still flogging this dead Catholic horse? For your own sanity...give it up. You have no proof for your assertions and the Bible is not giving you what you want. If it’s not clearly stated in the Bible, then it isn’t true. It says these were Jesus’ ‘brothers and sisters’ who accompanied their mother. Mary and Joseph had a normal Jewish marriage which included more children. “The brother of the Lord” (Gal 1:19) mentioned is Jesus’ half brother, James. None of the apostles are addressed this way. (John 2:12)
This thread, and any that you post to support Catholic teachings regarding Mary will not move anyone to adopt mere suggestions as facts, to support a belief that the Bible does not even mention.

Widen out your research.

I suggest trying to prove your case before continuing to speak as though you have, because thus far you've refused to do so by answering the questions under each section of verses in the opening post.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I suggest trying to prove your case before continuing to speak with such certainty about it, because thus far you've refused to do so by answering the questions under each section of verses in the opening post.
Your rose coloured glasses only promote self deception Sigma but I don't expect you to hear that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You haven't replied to post #42. Is that because you refuse to?
I refuse to engage what appears as your dogged and firmly held ignorance. You are of course free to do that for as long as you choose, nobody is going to hold a gun to your head, let alone God.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is how you do it Sigma. You take what is said out of its context so that your spin appears validated.

Were you not saying you refuse to answer my other question in post #42 for the reason you gave in post #53?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Were you not saying you refuse to answer my other question in post #42 for the reason you gave in post #53?
I understand; being lost in your own muddle, births all manner of short sighted and convoluted rationale. A denial of them never arrives at clear skies.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand; being lost in your own muddle, births all manner of short sighted and convoluted rationale. A denial of them never arrives at clear skies.

And, you didn't even give an example of the reason you gave for refusing to answer my other question in post #42.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This may help everyone understand what Sigma is about.
It isn't that Sigma knows of what he speaks. Which is why he is limited to repeating the same replies toward those who know this, making for himself the false impression it is we who are not educated in the matter.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may help everyone understand what Sigma is about.
It isn't that Sigma knows of what he speaks. Which is why he is limited to repeating the same replies toward those who know this, making for himself the false impression it is we who are not educated in the matter.

In the opening post, I linked to the thread where I show my sources, and not one is the Protoevangelium of James. Therefore, I suggest you amend or delete your inaccurate post.