Jesus's Traits and Physical Appearance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Jesus was created by the Holy Ghost in Mary's womb. But I think if he looked white or different, the bible would have said so. It would have been out of place.

You said "Jesus was a Jew right? So he would look like them," but nowhere in the Bible does it say He looked like all other Jews either, and we know all Jews don't look alike. We know what Jesus looked through people like Maria Valtorta. We even have writings of Pontias Pilate where He describes Jesus's appearance, and it's just as Maria described. And, she didn't even have knowledge of or access to Pilate's writings in the 1940's. They both said He had golden hair and a lighter complexion. While Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, He also had the genes of Mary, a Galilean, who had golden hair and light skin as well. Jesus Himself explained to Maria some traits of Galileans was golden hair and light skin, though it was rare.

There's also this:

"The Archko Volume"

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "Jesus was a Jew right? So he would look like them," but nowhere in the Bible does it say He looked like all other Jews either, and we know all Jews don't look alike. We know what Jesus looked through people like Maria Valtorta. We even have writings of Pontias Pilate where He describes Jesus's appearance, and it's just as Maria described. And, she didn't even have knowledge of or access to Pilate's writings in the 1940's. They both said He had golden hair and a lighter complexion. While Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, He also had the genes of Mary, a Galilean, who had golden hair and light skin as well. Jesus Himself explained to Maria some traits of Galileans was golden hair and light skin, though it was rare.
If he looked different, the Bible writers would have said something about it. Folks would've been struck by the difference.

Anyway, for those who care to look, here is the book link Poem of The Man-God by Maria Valtorta (5 volumes) : Maria Valtorta : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive Just flip to the first an second page of each volume to see what is in it.

If you are speaking of the letter from Pontius Pilate, that is apochryphal, and not noted in the New Testament. And where do you get that Galileans are blond haired and light skinned?

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think I’ve misunderstood at all, maybe but I’ll take this at face value.

He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

My servant grew up in the LORD’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him.

This of course deals with the physical part of the Lord Yeshua, imo.

Thank you though anyway, Sigma.

Reactions: Cassandra

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think I misunderstood at all.

He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

Thank you though anyway, Sigma.

I underatand that you think that you don't, but here's the actual meaning in the words of Jesus:

"My children, in this verse My servant Isaiah spoke of the wonderful illumination given to those who were Spirit-guided. To those who know Me not, there is in Me nothing to appeal to them, or to attract them. To those who know Me there is nothing more to be desired. “No beauty they could desire Him.” Oh! My children, draw very near to Me. See Me as I really am, that ever you may have the Joy of finding in Me all you could desire. The fulfillment of all you could desire in Master, Lord, or Friend."

Your misunderstanding of Is. 53:2, an ancient prophecy, is not a poor reflection on you. Even Jews in Jesus's day misunderstood Scripture, and Jesus explained it to them too, just as He still does in modern day. :]

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I underatand that you think that you don't, but here's the actual meaning in the words of Jesus:
You seem sure; but why not allow me to stand where I do?
"My children, in this verse My servant Isaiah spoke of the wonderful illumination given to those who were Spirit-guided.
To those who know Me not, there is in Me nothing to appeal to them, or to attract them.
To those who know Me there is nothing more to be desired. “No beauty they could desire Him.”
Oh! My children, draw very near to Me. See Me as I really am, that ever you may have the Joy of finding in Me all you could desire. The fulfillment of all you could desire in Master, Lord, or Friend."
Where is this found?
Your misunderstanding of Is. 53:2, an ancient prophecy, is not a poor reflection on you. Even Jews in Jesus's day misunderstood Scripture, and Jesus explained it to them too, just as He still does in modern day. :]
I’m not worried about my appearance. Jesus wasn’t beautiful or majestic by appearance. He wasn’t to worried about his appearance either; but the Kingdom of God.

It’s a wonder 12 disciples followed him around.

After his death for three days, the doubts and this being the end definitely start to crept in their mind saying “I’m agoing a fishing.”

Last edited:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem sure; but why not allow me to stand where I do?

Yes, I am sure. And, just because I'm sharing with you the actual meaning of Is. 53:2 in Jesus's own words doesn't mean I'm not allowing you to do what you will with His words. :]

Where is this found?

In the book entitled God Calling.

Jesus wasn’t beautiful or majestic by appearance.

The opinion of one's looks are always subjective. Another reason why Is. 53:2 doesn't mean what you think it does.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am sure. And, just because I'm sharing with you the actual meaning of Is. 53:2 in Jesus's own words doesn't mean I'm not allowing you to do with that what you will. :]
I’m glad we do not see eye to eye. I don’t think Jesus worried to much about what he looked like, his focus was on the Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven and doing His Fathers will. While bloodline was important, appearance not so much. I remember Saul who was the beautiful man who took over for Israel and made some bad decisions.

I don’t believe what you shared with me answers the question for me.
Never read. I only really read the Bible, as my main source of reference. Is there no reference in the Bible?
The opinion of one's looks are always subjective. Another reason why Is. 53:2 doesn't mean what you think it does.
Absolutely agree! Thank God loves you even though we may not see eye to eye. That is the part of the amazing grace Gods gives to us liberally.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m glad we do not see eye to eye. I don’t think Jesus worried to much about what he looked like...

I never said Jesus worried about what He looked like though, because He didn't. You're the one who asserts Is. 53:2 is about what Jesus looked like.

Absolutely agree!

So, then how can you believe Is. 53:2 is about Jesus's looks when you agree the opinion of one's looks are subjective?

Never read. I only really read the Bible, as my main source of reference. Is there no reference in the Bible?

I don't confine or limit God to the Bible. I truly believe He's a living God, and to be a living God means He has continued to speak to His own creation whom He loves and died for, and people continue to obey and write down His words, and share with the world. So, naturally things Jesus said to someone in modern day and wrote down may or may not also be found in writings from thousands of years ago. If its not, it doesnt automatically mean its false. So, I read whatever truly contains the words of God. Be open to what I share, because I dont want you to miss out :]

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Sigma, I was just sharing that according to Isaiah, Jesus wasn’t beautiful or majestic, as far as his appearance, and my desire was to make it apparent. You can continue on talking to others, if you rather do that. It’s of course debatable, and most of the time when a source comes from somewhere other than the Bible; forgive me for being skeptical about if it’s inspired by God, or not to take it as solid information or not. I was open to what you share, I just disagree when it comes to Jesus and his appearance not being what is stated in Isaiah. All the best to you, and your future.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Sigma, I was just sharing that according to Isaiah, Jesus wasn’t beautiful or majestic, as far as his appearance, and my desire was to make it apparent.

And I was just sharing the actual meaning of Is. 53:2 in Jesus's own words. Its good to be skeptical, and actually do the work to discern if it's His words, but you don't want to automatically assume its not His words either, just because its not found in writings from thousands of years ago. :]

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can suggest what it means in the end, as

you said “it’s subjective”.

Not every writing that has come down through the ages are necessarily a given to be accepted or accurate as truth. May God be with us both as we continue to go on in the world, Sigma. Cya, next time perhaps.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can suggest what it means in the end, as you said “its subjective”.

I didn't say Jesus's explanation of Is. 53:2 is subjective. I said the opinon of ones looks is subjective, to which you agreed, so then I asked "So, then how can you believe Is. 53:2 is about Jesus's looks when one's opinion of another's looks is subjective? That's when you decided to leave our conversation. Well, ok then, and do what you will with Jesus's words I shared. :]

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sigma i don’t believe those are Jesus words. It’s okay though, why does it seem people can just be really rude and seem like they are stuck up, and they aren’t wrong?

I could be wrong about my own but I don’t believe Isaiah was joking concerning the appearance of Jesus not being beautiful or majestic.

Perhaps that takes a stab at his being the Word of God?

It seems that people anyone who goes against the other is just wrong for having an opinion.

You’re free to believe what you want just as I am.

So maybe your right,
Maybe I’m wrong. Perhaps vice versa.

You definitely desire not to lose, nor let me be right in my own mind therefore it’s this on going debate or conversation that’s really fruitless.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, and that's ok, but they still are His words, and you may come to see that too one day. :]
It’s unlikely. I’m okay with Jesus not being beautiful or majestic.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who do believe Jesus looked like this though,

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

It’s a load of garbage. That’s just the truth.

But if you think differently by all means that is all on the other individual; and all I am doing is trying to bring truth to the scene accepted as blunt as it is or not. No hatred nor disrespect to you.

Last edited:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s unlikely.

Where's your faith? Do you not ask Jesus to show you whether or not those are His words, and trust that its not unlikely, but rather certain that you'll see they are His words if they indeed are?

I’m okay with Jesus not being beautiful or majestic.

You said Jesus wouldn't have cared about his looks, so why would God have his prophet, Isaiah,
write about His looks?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said Jesus wouldn't have cared about his looks, so why would God have his prophet, Isaiah,
write about His looks?
In order to know, that the Messiah was not beautiful, or majestic. I never heard Jesus talk about his looks, that’s why I’m saying that.

But you continue to suggest from a book

You state or believe is from God called “Gods calling”, has Jesus speaking about that specific verse but we don’t have it in the Bible.

I think we would have information in the Bible; if it were true; that’s why I’m skeptical of what you share.

Aside from that this whole thread seems a bit racial, or vain.

Either Isaiah was right or wrong about what he said; that’s up to individuals to decide.

Isaiah 53​

1 The people reply, "Who would have believed what we now report? Who could have seen the LORD’s hand in this?

2 It was the will of the LORD that his servant grow like a plant taking root in dry ground. He had no dignity or beauty to make us take notice of him. There was nothing attractive about him, nothing that would draw us to him.

3 We despised him and rejected him; he endured suffering and pain. No one would even look at him - we ignored him as if he were nothing.

4 "But he endured the suffering that should have been ours, the pain that we should have borne. All the while we thought that his suffering was punishment sent by God.

5 But because of our sins he was wounded, beaten because of the evil we did. We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received.

6 All of us were like sheep that were lost, each of us going his own way. But the Lord made the punishment fall on him, the punishment all of us deserved.

7 "He was treated harshly, but endured it humbly; he never said a word. Like a lamb about to be slaughtered, like a sheep about to be sheared, he never said a word.

8 He was arrested and sentenced and led off to die, and no one cared about his fate. He was put to death for the sins of our people.

9 He was placed in a grave with those who are evil, he was buried with the rich, even though he had never committed a crime or ever told a lie."

10 The Lord says, "It was my will that he should suffer; his death was a sacrifice to bring forgiveness. And so he will see his descendants; he will live a long life, and through him my purpose will succeed.

11 After a life of suffering, he will again have joy; he will know that he did not suffer in vain. My devoted servant, with whom I am pleased, will bear the punishment of many and for his sake I will forgive them.

12 And so I will give him a place of honor, a place among the great and powerful. He willingly gave his life and shared the fate of evil men. He took the place of many sinners and prayed that they might be forgiven."