Jesus's Traits and Physical Appearance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to know, that the Messiah was not beautiful, or majestic.

I'm asking why would God want people to know about Jesus's looks when you said Jesus (God) didn't care about His looks?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking why would God want people to know about Jesus's looks when you said Jesus (God) didn't care about His looks?
Sigma, I answered that. It's a wonder 12 disciples followed Jesus around. They learned all their information from the old testament. You have a good rest of your day. Thank you for little bit of back and forth, and conversation.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigma, I answered that.

You didn't though. It doesn't make sense for you to say that Jesus didn't care about His looks, but then also say that God told Isaiah to write something about His looks (Is. 52:3). You refuse to explain why that does make sense to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My desire was to point out the fact that Jesus was not majestic or beautiful. If the old testament was no use, how did anyone know who the Messiah was would be my question because the Old Testament scriptures speak all about him. John 5:39 You study[a] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, They had the old testament access, and Jesus told it spoke of him. Isaiah 53:2 - speaks of the Messiah who was not beautiful or majestic, and there was nothing really to be desired from him. I am not going to continue to please you by responding anymore, as the conversation from my point of view is over. Thank you for your time. :waves:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aside from that this whole thread seems a bit racial, or vain.

Not at all, just sharing what Jesus looks like. :]

You state or believe is from God called “Gods calling”, has Jesus speaking about that specific verse but we don’t have it in the Bible.

I think we would have information in the Bible; if it were true; that’s why I’m skeptical of what you share.

Well, not everything is in the Bible, so you can't say we would've had it in the Bible if it were true.

My desire was to point out the fact that Jesus was not majestic or beautiful.

I know you believe Isaiah in 52:3 was making a comment about Jesus's looks, but you also say Jesus wouldn't have cared about His looks, so why would God tell His prophet to saying something about Jesus's looks? It doesn't make sense and you're not explaining why you believe it does make sense.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you sigma, we won’t be going over it anymore. :balloons:

You have a nice night. I’m gonna go on to sleep soon, thank you again for the conversation. May Yahavah bless you and your family, as you seek him out in spirit and in truth. As well to all members who frequent this forum.

:)

Hope that sense we don’t see perhaps the same we can continue to love, in spirit and in truth allowing each other in our own faults, and let freedom by the spirit ring, where the Lord is, there is freedom by the spirit.

:Thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you sigma. You have a nice night. I’m gonna go on to sleep soon, thank you again for the conversation. May Yahavah bless you and your family, as you seek him out in spirit and in truth. As well to all members who frequent this forum. :) Hope that sense we don’t see perhaps the same we can continue to love, in spirit and in truth allowing each other in our own faults, and let freedom by the spirit ring, where the Lord is, there is freedom by the spirit.

Thank you, same to you.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he looked different, the Bible writers would have said something about it. Folks would've been struck by the difference. And where do you get that Galileans are blond haired and light skinned?

Not all Jews look alike, even in Jesus's days, and the Jews then would've known that, so they would've already been familiar with various types of racial features. Maria Valtorta described Mary and Jesus as having light hair and blue eyes. Jesus explained to Maria that light hair was a rare physical trait of Galileans. Here's His exact quote:

"Keep in mind that Galilee was not a big place and that the Galileans were relatively few, they almost always married among themselves and therefore there were two or three types of physical features that for centuries could be found on their faces. It would not be wrong to say that in all the small countries, if you went back to the origins, there would be two or three original family roots, who married or remarried among themselves, giving a pronounced physical character across the Galilean race. That John [the apostle] also had a physical resemblance with Me should not come as a surprise. He was a blonde Galilean. That was a more rare type than the darker Galilean, but it existed. But his resemblance with Me was even more marked in regard to the spirit."

There's also this:

"The Archko Volume"

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:
"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."​

If you are speaking of the letter from Pontius Pilate, that is apochryphal, and not noted in the New Testament.

So? There's a lot of true information not in any of the books that make up the New Testament. It doesn't mean that information doesn't exist. If something automatically isn't true solely because it's not mentioned in the New Testament, then that is an illogical form of reasoning.

Last edited: