Jezebel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Perhaps when one finds John, they find Elijah, and when they find Elijah they find Isaiah, and when they find Isaiah they find Jeremiah. Many think John the baptist was rough and tough and yet he was meek and kind as well. A jezebel of today would be a controlling spirit which makes me laugh a lot when telling them "no". Sure, a few extra miles have to be walked though.
They all share the same thing.
The Spirit of God.
That's why I see him everywhere and in everyone.
They all come from the same tree :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy If indeed they were both real persons and lived in different times, there must have been 2 of them; although their spiritual character may indeed have been similar...
I don't think the book of Revelation is talking about a person living in the world at the time the letter to the church that was written.
But the letter is a message not to follow after the ways of Jezebel.
If the church is walking and preaching and doing the same things that Jezebel did.
Then one could say that tha church is being led by the spirit of Jezebel.

I don't see 2 people. I see one.
And I see her again and this time she's riding a beast. And she has names on her head that are not nice at all.
She is the abomination that makes desolate.
She steals God's people through her witchcraft and seduction.
She kills the the seed of faith which was planted by God and leads them to Baal.
She destroys all good works and tuens them into ruinous , murderous, evil, works.

Jezebel is Satan.. one of many, for they are Legion.

And just like I see Jesus and John everywhere throughout both the old and the new,
I see also Satan, the adversary roaming back and forth and up and down in the bible too.

It's the fruit.. and ye shall know them by their fruit.

Thank You
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think the book of Revelation is talking about a person living in the world at the time the letter to the church that was written.
But the letter is a message not to follow after the ways of Jezebel.
If the church is walking and preaching and doing the same things that Jezebel did.
Then one could say that tha church is being led by the spirit of Jezebel.

I don't see 2 people. I see one.
And I see her again and this time she's riding a beast. And she has names on her head that are not nice at all.
She is the abomination that makes desolate.
She steals God's people through her witchcraft and seduction.
She kills the the seed of faith which was planted by God and leads them to Baal.
She destroys all good works and tuens them into ruinous , murderous, evil, works.

Jezebel is Satan.. one of many, for they are Legion.

And just like I see Jesus and John everywhere throughout both the old and the new,
I see also Satan, the adversary eoaming back and forth and up and down in the bible too.

It's the fruit.. and ye shall know them by their fruit.

Thank You
HUGS
@Ziggy Some ppl do see the language of Scripture as strongly allegorical, I know. I tend to be a bit more literalist, I guess...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Some ppl do see the language of Scripture as strongly allegorical, I know. I tend to be a bit more literalist, I guess...
Do you read the book of Revelation as Literal?

This is how I read the Bible.
God is Spirit.
He wants to talk to man's spirit.
He's uses men to write his words so we can read them.
When he is speaking he is talking heart to heart. mind to mind. Spirit to spirit.
I also believe there are literal actual events that happened in the bible.
But that's not what God wants us to hear.
It's not about the geneologies, or the floods, or the sodoms and gomorahs
it's not about whether Jericho fell, how many were in an army.
They may very well be literal events, but God uses those events to speak to us.
He uses them as examples to have a heart to heart talk.
To help us see and understand and hear the message he wants us to know.
About Him. About who we are. Why where here. And what he expects of us as children
growing up in his Garden. In His Paradise. In His Kingdom.
It's about the Moral of the story being told. And what we take from it.

That's how I read the Bible.
Other people read it how puts it on their plate.
And sometimes it tastes like bitter grapes and other times like fresh clean water.
It can rile you up or calm you down.

And they are burning them in the steets!
That's out there, I'm in here.
God has a plan.
And I feel confident that in the end
God Wins.
Amen

Thank You farouk
HUGS

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just for added interest...as you suggested a woman in prophetic scripture represents God's people.
Jer. 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman...
Isa. 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.
So a woman represents God's people. Zion. She is God's bride, He her husband. Which is why when Israel was unfaithful, God called them adulterers. The woman became a harlot. The book of Hosea was a prophetic type of the relationship between unfaithful Israel and a loving patient faithful God.
See also Jer. 3:14,20; Isa. 54:4-6; Ezekiel 16; James 4:4; 2 Cor. 11:2. This applies not only to Israel, but God's people in every age, as the church.
So in Revelation we have two women. One pure (Revel 12) and the other a harlot (Revel 18). Both representing churches...one faithful and true, the other unfaithful. The harlot committing adultery with the kings of the earth. Turning away from God, becoming apostate, joining or uniting with the state and enforcing religious dogma on man. That's the wine. It causes confusion and madness. A madness that invites forgetfulness of God's commandments.
Prov. 31:3 Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
In Israel the king was never the head of the church. God ordained a separation between church and state. The American Constitution was based on this OT principle. But when Ahab married Jezebel, Jezebel's gods became the religion of the nation. So it transpired a union of church and state...just as in Revelation 13 where the state enforces a mark of the apostate beast coercing the world to worship according to the dictates of the whore.
That's the Jezebel spirit in the church. Joining with the state and enjoining the world to false worship. The only reason a church needs the state is because she has already left her Husband and is now married to another. Her spiritual power has gone. Her only strength can come through statecraft. Legislation. Persecution. She has apostatized.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harlot committing adultery with the kings of the earth. Turning away from God, becoming apostate, joining or uniting with the state and enforcing religious dogma on man. That's the wine. It causes confusion and madness. A madness that invites forgetfulness of God's commandments.

Everybody always talking about "don't drink the koolaid" ..
Hmm
That Jezebel spirit is everywhere.

I'm working on a Study about Psalm 1 and not walking in the counsel of the ungodly and stumbled over this whole story.
And in the Book of Numbers this time it's a He. Balaam telling the women of Peor to have relations with Israel and leading them to idol worship. He used the women to make Israel sin.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Balaam is Jezebel.. is the same bad guy in the garden.

Thank You!!
HUGS

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everybody always talking about "don't drink the koolaid" ..
Hmm
That Jezebel spirit is everywhere.

I'm working on a Study about Psalm 1 and not walking in the counsel of the ungodly and stumbled over this whole story.
And in the Book of Numbers this time it's a He. Balaam telling the women of Peor to have relations with Israel and leading them to idol worship. He used the women to make Israel sin.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Balaam is Jezebel.. is the same bad guy in the garden.

Thank You!!
HUGS
Did you know Balaam was a former true prophet of God?

Reactions: Ziggy