Joel Osteen is extraordinarily amazing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which direction do you think is the right way.....and what does that mean to you anyway?

Well, it all depends on if the store yer gonna buy the suite from is east, west, north, or south... to me it means one need to know which way the sore is at so they can start heading in the right direction to buy that new suit you been wanting.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, it all depends on if the store yer gonna buy the suite from is east, west, north, or south... to me it means one need to know which way the sore is at so they can start heading in the right direction to buy that new suit you been wanting.
Jokes aside BBJ. Its not possible for me to take a person seriously with replies like the one above.

Reactions: Debp

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh, "understanding" such as these quotes?

In his book, Eternal Security, Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)

In this video, Gnarly Charlie says he's proud of Andy and supports him after heresy charges

Can a Person Live a Life of Sin and Remain Saved?

You're just weaponizing the eternal security doctrine to depict that Stanley approved of homosexuality—which he most certainly did not.

He refused a major award from the Jewish National Fund in 2015 because of controversy caused by the Southern Jewish Resource Network for Gender and Sexual Diversity "over his vocal opposition to homosexuality and same-sex marriage."

Sstanley's understanding of the eternal security doctrine was standard. He believed that if a "saved person" fell into sin that either the person had never been saved to begin with or that God would keep them alive long enough to see them healed from their backsliding, roughly speaking.

As usual, you paint things in the worst possible light and seek to annoy and vex good people. Not everyone who disagrees with you has horns and carries a pitchfork. Doubtless, you will turn this back on me but I don't care. You have proven in your short time here that you care for nothing but to upset people and insult them.

By the way, when are you going to deal with this?

Yep, and it's unlikely that any of the sabbatarians hanging around will be able to answer any of these questions.

Reactions: Debp

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just weaponizing the eternal security doctrine to depict that Stanley approved of homosexuality—which he most certainly did not.

Weaponizing??? So, playing a video of someone saying one can be gay and still be a Christian is attacking them?

That's pretty funny there hombre clapping3.gif

If he really did not believe one could be gay and a Christian, he would have said so in the video.

Turns out he claimed he did not support being gay but if someone claimed to be a Christian and gay, then that is OK according to your boy Gnarly Charlie!

As usual, you paint things in the worst possible light and seek to annoy and vex good people.

Those claiming one can engage in sinful behavior and still be a Christian... are not good people!

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

A word to the wise should be sufficient... or not.

By the way, when are you going to deal with this?

The ball was kicked over in the the sabbatarian's court and they have no New Testament proof of their position so this settles the question concerning whether Saturday sabbath is required for true Christians... it is not.

Of course this is a free country so you have the right to believe whatever it is you'd like to believe regardless of whether it's taught in the New Testament under the New High Priest Jesus Christ who did away with the law of Moses and has His own law.. the Law of Christ as clearly stated in the New Testament, authored by Jesus Christ proving Ellen G White is in error.

There's lots of extra biblical stuff going around in these last days such as this and Gnarly Charlie's belief that one can be gay and be a Christian too.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am sure you do detest deconstruction . yet you seem to have familar ties to the seeker friendly ways it introduced upon the church .
Its like a man yelling WATCH OUT for the ONE WORLD ORDER , yet the same man is helping build its religoin .
PS in case you wonder who that man i just spoke of was or is , ITS TRUMP .
people better be on gaurd and get BACK IN THE BIBLE .
Barney i see the seeker friendly lets find common ground in you . Whether or not you know that . ITS THERE .
But as i said , i am not saying your false , i am saying YOUR BEING INFLUENCED by some of it .
What you dont know , or what you DONT want to know is , ITS EVEN IN THE ADVENTIST CHURCH just as it is in every
denomination . NOW that dont mean EVERY CHURCH IN EVERY DENOMINATION is under it , BUT IT DOES MEAN
exactly what i said , every denomination HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY IT . we better get back in the bible for a serious refreshing man .
This is what they use to be seeker friendly.
By definition, a platitude is a remark or statement that has been overused, trite or without thought and usually involves some moral content.

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do know that Ellen G. White (founder) was a false prophet that made numerous false predictions...

False prediction number 1
Jerusalem’s future. In her book The Early Writings, she says “Then I was pointed to some who are in the great error of believing that it is their duty to go to Old Jerusalem and think they have a work to do there before the Lord comes. I saw that satan had greatly deceived some in this thing. I also saw that old Jerusalem never would be built up and that satan was doing his utmost to lead the minds of the children of the Lord into these things now, in the gathering time.” This prophecy did not come true. Since the nation of Israel’s rebirth in 1948, old Jerusalem has been greatly built up.

False prediction number 2
England will attack the United States. In 1862 she predicted that when England does declare war against the north during the Civil War, all nations will have an interest of their own to serve and there will be general war, general confusion. The result will be that this nation, the United States, will be humbled into the dust. This was from Testimonies for the Church volume 1 page 259. American history clearly shows that England did not declare war against the United States during the Civil War and the United States was not humbled into the dust. So she made another false prediction.

False prediction number 3
the Civil War is a sign that Jesus is about to return. In her writings Testimonies for the Church Volume 1 page 260 she says “I saw greater distress in the land than we have yet witnessed. I heard groans and cries of distress and saw large companies in active battle. I heard the booming of the cannon, the clash of arms, the hand-to-hand fight and the groans and prayers of the dying…” So obviously there she’s talking about the civil war.

Ten she says “God’s people must take warning and discern the signs of the times. The signs of Christ’s coming are too plain to be doubted and in view of these things, everyone who professes the truth should be a living preacher… All heaven is astir. The scenes of Earth’s history are fast closing. We are amid the perils of the last days.” The Civil War ended in 1865 and Jesus has yet to return. Another failed prediction.

False prediction number 4
Jesus was to return in a few months. In her book The Early Writings, she says: In a view given June 27, 1850, my accompanying angel said “Time is almost finished…” said the angel “Get ready, get ready, get ready…” I saw that there was a great work to do for them but little time in which to do it. Then I saw that the last seven plagues were soon to be poured out upon those who have no shelter…Early Writings page 64.

Mrs. White continues to relate her vision and makes a startling prediction that only a few months are left before the Lord will return. She says in her Early Writings page 67 “But now time is almost finished in what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again.” She said this in 1850. This is another failed prediction.

False prediction number 5
Adventists living in 1856 will be alive to see Jesus return. Over 135 years ago in May of 1856, Mrs. White made another fascinating prophecy during a meeting in Battle Creek Michigan. She said: I was shown the company present at the conference. Said the angel, “Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.” All those seventh-day Adventists that were alive to hear that are now dead, nobody was translated by Jesus. Yet another failed prediction.

False prediction number 6
Christ would return before slavery was abolished. She says again in her Early Writings: I saw the pious slave rise in triumph and victory and shake off the chains that bound him, while his wicked master was in confusion and knew not what to do, for the wicked could not understand the words of the voice of God. Soon appeared the great white cloud…On its at the Son of man.” Slavery was not abolished for another six years after these statements, and the Lord hasn’t returned yet. Another failed prediction.

False prediction number 7
She saw Enoch on Jupiter or Saturn. She says “The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes, they were noble, majestic and lovely. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons.

There I saw good old Enoch who had been translated. Early Writings page 39 and 40. Don’t believe this? Ellen’s husband James White verified her vision when he wrote: At our conference in Topsham, Maine last November “Ellen had a vision of the handiworks of God. She was guided to the planets Jupiter, Saturn and I think one more. After she came out of the vision, she could give a clear description of their moons. It was well known that she knew nothing of astronomy and could not answer one question in relation to the planets before she had this vision.”

To this day highly detailed satellite pictures of Jupiter and Saturn have not revealed any life-forms of any size so I have no idea what Ellen White was talking about. So there you have it – seven failed predictions from Ellen White. Let’s talk about the truth for a minute. Ellen White said she had the spirit of prophecy directly from God. The truth is she did not. Ellen White said she had an accompanying angel given to her from God.

The truth is she did not. The truth is that Ellen White built the seventh-day Adventist Church based on lies. The truth is that Ellen White is a false prophet and the best thing you can do as a Christian is to run away from this church as fast as you can. Then you should find a Christian Church that has Jesus Christ as its centerpiece and that is founded on the truth of the Bible.
And she was accused of plagiarizing other's words as works as her own.
The devil will only carry you so far.
He is not faithful like Jesus, but is in the deceiving business, not the saving business !

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And she was accused of plagiarizing other's words as works as her own.

Accused, yes. And good folks like you continue to carry the tales without any viable evidence of wrongdoing or criminal conviction.

That's a lot like bearing false witness which, I guess, is okay under the neo-new covenant.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please put me on ignore except you won't.
Accussing others is a personal forte of late directed to those whom stand against false doctrine teachers!
The afforded meritorious position blocks my ignoring of certain ppl, bummer !

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please put me on ignore except you won't,.
Accussing others is your personal forte of late to those whom stand against false doctrine teachers!
The afforded meritorious position blocks my ignoring of certain ppl, bummer !

I'm not interested in ignoring you, especially since you can't resist making back-handed comments concerning me.

I mean, I get it, you want to be able to say things indirectly to people without them being able to respond. It's a shame that you picked a staffer to pick on.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My comments are directed at affiliations of ppl following false doctrine, Catholicism, Adventism, J Witness, Mormorinism, the deniers of his word and his deity !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
STOP ARGUING ABOUT THE RAPTURE, TRANSLATIONS, THE TRINITY, SPIRITUAL GIFTS, AND OPINIONS, JUST GO TELL SOMEBODY ABOUT JESUS.

Feel better ?
Your opinion means nothing to me, same as your religion.
Other readers however may be deceived when ppl are using the same tactics as Olsteen.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last interaction, they are both deceivers.

Ellen G. White reminds me of another whom failed to test the spirits that came to them.

Edgar Cayce was an American attributed clairvoyant who claimed to speak from his higher self while in a trance-like state.
During the sessions, Cayce would answer questions on a variety of subjects such as healing, reincarnation, dreams, the afterlife, past lives, nutrition, Atlantis, and future events. Cayce, a devout Christian and Sunday-school teacher, said that his readings came from his subconscious mind exploring the dream realm, where he said all minds were timelessly connected.

Or this devil Warren Jeff's whom also claimed to have visions, all the while sexually molesting children. Thankfully he is NOW in prison.

In a court of legalities of today, I doubt EW would have withstood her charges either !

Charming deceivers .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hearing " crickets" again, anyone there ?
a near and dear brother of ours just reminded me about something . VERY TRUE IT IS TOO .
i want you to examine it .
MOST FOLKS spend most of their time arguing against scripture RATHER THAN simply submitting TO IT . THAT IS A FACT I SEE ALL THE TIME SISTER . instead of just submitting to scripture , THEY SPEND HOURS finding ways around SCRIPTURE .