Joel Osteen is extraordinarily amazing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you make all kinds of smart aleck remarks to people that dare to disagree with you, so I thought you'd enjoy that!.

Wasn't mocking anything... just posting facts.

Typically, "Gnarly" is considered to be Remarkable or outstanding so I probably need to come up with a different moniker for the false teacher Charles Stanley.

"I know you are but what am I."

Fantastic

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never watched or listened to Mr. Osteen (and I ain't gonna start now), but a friend of mine watches him religiously. (Pun intended.) I will say this: When my friend called in asking for prayer when her mother died, and again when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, his organization prayed for her and followed up later to see how she was doing.
Someone can be nice, while still being very deceived, deceptive, and promoting lies. Osteen's doctrine is severely flawed. Just because someone uses His name doesn't mean they are preaching the Jesus of the Bible.

Interestingly, my mother was raised in his dad's church before he was a big name.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's fine for you but I prefer to assume the Daniel 9 intercessory model.

But as long as your garments are spotless, no worries, I guess.

oh for sure we must be praying for them . But the them are even now within christendom itself .
They did much work transforming the churches from within . Till now about most all of christendom
no longer knows what is true christanity , what it has lost or that IT IS LOST . Its not looking good giller .
But when folks choose the love that cometh of the world , they will be doomed .
Satan can and does quoate scrips and you can bet he is a master of using the word love and tolerance
TO UNEQUALLY yoke them together . NOT looking good barney . ITs just not looking good at all .
BUT we were warned of what the days would be like , and specially nigh the end .
A HINT , NO GREAT AWAKENING is mentioned , A GREAT FALLING AWAY IS ....................and boy the devil
knows how to decieve . FOR HE USES the word love a lot . So too do his ministirs as they guide
the churches into greater and greater , greater and much greater darkness
and the masses SEE and THINK , THIS IS LIGHT . OH Dear .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A HINT , NO GREAT AWAKENING is mentioned

You better go read your Bible, Amigo. It's full of revivals. You're focusing all your attention on the darkest parts of end-time prophecy when the Bible is full of historical illustrations of how it will play out.

Isaiah 58
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

And Joel 2 and Malachi 4

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numerous warnings concerning people falling away from the faith in the last days... which is the falling away that has been going on for decades and will only result in more falling away the closer we get to the great tribulation

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus says few find salvation so He doesn't seem to think there are going to be great endtimes revivals that will sweep the majority of the world's population in to God's Kingdom (some of the charismatic preachers teach this)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numerous warnings concerning people falling away from the faith in the last days... which is the falling away that has been going on for decades and will only result in more falling away the closer we get to the great tribulation

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus says few find salvation so He doesn't seem to think there are going to be great endtimes revivals that will sweep the majority of the world's population in to God's Kingdom (some of the charismatic preachers teach this)
That is what i was trying to remind ol barnes about . Sure i know some souls will still be getting saved in these last hours
but the falling away will continue to get only worse . MAINSTREAM has drowned the peoples in its own river of delusion .
We must make our last stand to contend for the true faith . cause mainstream is headed down the stream without a paddle
or should i say bible . just flowing in the great broad ever widening river having no idea that its leading them as
one right to the largest waterfall of all that cometh at the end of that river .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You better go read your Bible, Amigo. It's full of revivals. You're focusing all your attention on the darkest parts of end-time prophecy when the Bible is full of historical illustrations of how it will play out.

Isaiah 58
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

And Joel 2 and Malachi 4

Joel two , yeah try reading acts , that occured on the day of pentecost and has been occuring ever since .
THIS is that which was SPOKEN , says peter by the prophet joel . But nar and charsmatics and the all inclusive
river of delusion just keeps spooning the churches as though this we are one crap , come together IS an awakening .
ITS THE TOP END OF THE FALLIN AWAY barney . THAT is all THIS IS . A FAT DELUSION that came in under the name of love .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The path is definitely getting wider!
WAY WIDER . its got rainbows , korans , athiest , all religoins as considered valid ways to GOD . ITS GOT VERY VERY BROAD .
the path to destruction is VERY INCLUSIVE INDEED , it holds wide open arms to all with a false promise
of a jesus that honors sins and other paths . THEY WONT MAKE IT MY FRIEND . but they think its GODS HUGE LOVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does it enter into the church . By first giving out the idea we need to tone down correction .
Quit brow beating it says , quit judging . And leaven allowed uncorrected transforms the minds into ITS ACCEPTANCE .
SO allow me some parting words to those who wanna hear and heed ol smily joe
and his positive so called message . IT DONT WORK . it simply allows leaven to increase and in time leads right to its acceptance .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 58

And Joel 2 and Malachi 4

1704150158396.png
just a reminder from BROW BEATER PAUL to titus as HOW TO KEEP A CHURCHSAFE .
REBUKE , oops , REBUKE with all authority . that brow beater , what a hater huh ....................

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By first giving out the idea we need to tone down correction

In order for the devil to get people to buy in to his malarkey, he's got to trick people in to believe speaking scripture to people to reprove error is offensive and racist (or whatever politically correct jargon is used these days), as well as get people to accept the devil's mantra "judge not!" and ignore that Jesus said to judge a righteous judgement.

The only way to judge a righteous judgement is to let God's Word be the judge by comparing what is being taught to what God says in His Word.

Most religious social clubs (churches) these days will very swiftly give you the left foot of fellowship if you don't lock step nazi style with whatever it is they teach.

I belonged to a church once where the pastors from the pulpit would tell people if they don't believe "like we do" then they should leave right now and go find another church! So that's what I did as well as numerous others cause these folks hirelings not true shepherds.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel two , yeah try reading acts , that occured on the day of pentecost and has been occuring ever since .
THIS is that which was SPOKEN , says peter by the prophet joel . But nar and charsmatics and the all inclusive
river of delusion just keeps spooning the churches as though this we are one crap , come together IS an awakening .
ITS THE TOP END OF THE FALLIN AWAY barney . THAT is all THIS IS . A FAT DELUSION that came in under the name of love .

God never allows an apostasy with no corresponding revival. Sooner or later you'll have to acknowledge God's 7000.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never allows an apostasy with no corresponding revival. Sooner or later you'll have to acknowledge God's 7000.

The remnant is still here . Even now there is a wee tiny remnant who have not bent the knee
to the inclusive unity false love golden bull of dung . BUT FEW THEY BE INDEED .
OH a remnant still exists . But not much more time is left in this ol world barnes
dont let them fool ya with the world peace n safety unity message and talks like we got a lot of time left .
CAUSE i sure seem to remember TWO KEY WORDS paul made mention of when writing to the church .
PEACE N SAFETY and what follows them two words as well . SUDDEN DESTRUCTION and barnes
THEY WONT ESCAPE the WRATH OF ALL MIGHTY GOD . KNOWING the TERROR OF GOD
its about HIGH TIME WE GOT UP and EXPOSED the lie , its about high time we PERSAUDE MEN
ITS ABOUT HIGH TIME we REBUKE ERROR and SIN WITHIN THE CHURCH TOO . Now have a wonderful day my friend .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The remnant is still here . Even now there is a wee tiny remnant who have not bent the knee
to the inclusive unity false love golden bull of dung . BUT FEW THEY BE INDEED .
OH a remnant still exists . But not much more time is left in this ol world barnes
dont let them fool ya with the world peace n safety unity message and talks like we got a lot of time left .
CAUSE i sure seem to remember TWO KEY WORDS paul made mention of when writing to the church .
PEACE N SAFETY and what follows them two words as well . SUDDEN DESTRUCTION and barnes
THEY WONT ESCAPE the WRATH OF ALL MIGHTY GOD . KNOWING the TERROR OF GOD
its about HIGH TIME WE GOT UP and EXPOSED the lie , its about high time we PERSAUDE MEN
ITS ABOUT HIGH TIME we REBUKE ERROR and SIN WITHIN THE CHURCH TOO . Now have a wonderful day my friend .
The remnant is of the Israelites.
It is what is left of a community.
Too many today are still trying to live under the laws for the Jews instead of under grace.

Christ has no " remnant".
1 Peter 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
We are his body, his bride his church and are not scattered as his nation was.

Romans 11: 1-5

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. *****For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.******
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Those who accept Christ, of Israel.)

Reactions: David in NJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:16-21
[16]But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17]And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18]And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19]And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
[21]And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter quoted from Joel chapter 2, saying... "In the last days." It only makes sense that the "last days" began at Pentecost and are still going. Only now, we are in the last of the last days ....End Times.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo