John 1:1 - Jesus is the Father or he's not the one true God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you ... finally a straight answer..

Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own???...

Jesus, God's word, said "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."

now as you have said God's word is God Himself..

So, by your statement that Jesus is God Himself, you are stating, by your belief that Jesus is God's word and God Himself, that God lied...

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words "So God -- the triune God -- did come down in the flesh to do what you call "his own" will (I'll go along and use the singular "his" rather than "their" here, to note the triune God as a single God in three persons, in accordance with conventional Trinitarian notions)."

Then you said the incarnation...

Have you read your own doctrine???
I posted it for you to read and you cannot separate God into 3 separate persons. All 3 persons are what make up the Triune God so all 3 of them would have the exact same will because they are all God Himself separately and in Unity...

Sure, before the Son "emptied himself" all three persons of the Triune God wold have the same will. That's what I said in post #479.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention to the QUOTES attributed TO ME, TO YOU, TO OTHERS.
I’ve paid attention to YOU ATTEMPTING to speak for me and others, ALL ENGULFED WITHIN QUOTES attributed TO YOU. YOU own them!

At least a half a dozen times you have been asked, told, warned, stop speaking for others, and still you continue.

so when you interpret scripture, is it you interoperating it or is it exact what the scripture says???

are you speaking for the writers of said scripture?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, before the Son "emptied himself" all three persons of the Triune God wold have the same will. That's what I said in post #479.

Some say “emptied himself”...not sure exactly what they mean.

Scripture says “humbled himself”...which means He Appeared on Earth, in a Lower Status, than What He is.
Scripture goes on to say “without His Reputation”...which means He Appeared on Earth “WITHOUT His Reputation!”

The KNOWLEDGE of His REPUTATION” was revealed, IS His Supreme Power.
His Supreme Power, IS the Power of God.
His Supreme Power, IS Gods Glory, that ONLY God Possesses.
His Supreme Power, IS The Holy Spirit.
His Supreme Power, IS The Power that Quickens a mans Spirit..(ie is the Power that can Birth a mans natural spirit to a Spiritual Ever Living Spirit, (called born again).
His Supreme Power, God NAMED CHRIST.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so Jesus is not part of the Triune God then.. Got it...

No, clearly you don't -- unless your use of "Jesus" is meant to reference the human personality of the Son during that 33-odd year stretch he walked the earth in the flesh and had "emptied himself" as per Philippians 2:6-8.

Now, if you believe Paul was all wet, and the Son emptied himself of nothing while incarnate and retained full equality with God such that the Son's will and the Father's will necessarily coalesced as they had before (and as they do now, post-Ascension), you will need to explain what you think Paul meant -- or why he was wrong. Failing that, I don't know what more I can say here.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, clearly you don't -- unless your use of "Jesus" is meant to reference the human personality of the Son during that 33-odd year stretch he walked the earth in the flesh and had "emptied himself" as per Philippians 2:6-8.

Now, if you believe Paul was all wet, and the Son emptied himself of nothing while incarnate and retained full equality with God such that the Son's will and the Father's will necessarily coalesced as they had before (and as they do now, post-Ascension), you will need to explain what you think Paul meant -- or why he was wrong. Failing that, I don't know what more I can say here.

You can start by not separating Jesus from being God Himself...

Paul never said that Jesus emptied anything...

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some say “emptied himself”...not sure exactly what they mean.

Who do you know that translates ἐκένωσεν differently than "emptied"? It means declined, waived, set aside, walked away from, relinquished. Never mind what "they" say (whoever "they" are). What do YOU say Paul meant?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you know that translates ἐκένωσεν differently than "emptied"? It means declined, waived, set aside, walked away from, relinquished. Never mind what "they" say (whoever "they" are). What do YOU say Paul meant?

Quote Paul.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Good you did your research... yes I said that he did not say emptied... so now that you have corrected me on that one...

Whose will did God Himself, since Jesus emptied himself of his divinity and deity, come down from heaven to do, if not his own?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My words do not belong “inside of your quote”.
"God Himself is the WHOLE of God.
Gods Word is God, Gods Spirit is God, Gods Will is God..."
Same thing... but I will go with that because you are keeping with contradiction and my accusation stands... You believe God Himself is a liar...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same thing... but I will go with that because you are keeping with contradiction and my accusation stands... You believe God Himself is a liar...

Whelp nothing new. Still a FALSE ACCUSER. Not once can you quote my words making the LYING claim that is expressly YOUR words.

Shame on you. Your words. God hears ya!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He’s a gaslighter.

Reactions: RedFan

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Paul.

Fine. Will the Textus Receptus do?

Ὃς ἐν μορφῇ Θεοῦ ὑπάρχων οὐχ ἁρπαγμὸν ἡγήσατο τὸ εἶναι ἴσα Θεῷ, ἀλλὰ ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν μορφὴν δούλου λαβών, ἐν ὁμοιώματι ἀνθρώπων γενόμενος· καὶ σχήματι εὑρεθεὶς ὡς ἄνθρωπος ἐταπείνωσεν εαυτον γενομενος υπηκοος μεχρι θανατου θανατου δε σταυρου.

I ask again, what do you say Paul meant in declaring that he "emptied himself" (ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν)? Of what?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My words do not belong “inside of your quote”.
"God Himself is the WHOLE of God.
Gods Word is God, Gods Spirit is God, Gods Will is God..."

Whelp nothing new. Still a FALSE ACCUSER. Not once can you quote my words making the LYING claim that is expressly YOUR words.

Shame on you. Your words. God hears ya!

Do you deny that God Himself said that he did not come down to do his own will?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine. Will the Textus Receptus do?

Ὃς ἐν μορφῇ Θεοῦ ὑπάρχων οὐχ ἁρπαγμὸν ἡγήσατο τὸ εἶναι ἴσα Θεῷ, ἀλλὰ ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν μορφὴν δούλου λαβών, ἐν ὁμοιώματι ἀνθρώπων γενόμενος· καὶ σχήματι εὑρεθεὶς ὡς ἄνθρωπος ἐταπείνωσεν εαυτον γενομενος υπηκοος μεχρι θανατου θανατου δε σταυρου.

I ask again, what do you say Paul meant in declaring that he "emptied himself" (ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν)? Of what?

it actually doesn't tell you what he emptied himself of... don't assume or speculate... if it is not there don't say it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.