JOHN 20:6 DISPROVING THE SHROUD OF TURIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why on earth would you give reverence to an object? I mean really.

"Reverence", honor, distinction, placement, -- I don't worship my Bible, but I do treat it with reverence.

Whew, -- everyone want's to parse the splinter in someone else's eye,
Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Reverence", honor, distinction, placement, -- I don't worship my Bible, but I do treat it with reverence.

Whew, -- everyone want's to parse the splinter in someone else's eye,
Bobby Jo
The Bible is distinctly different. That is not just an object, that is the living word of God. There is a difference.

Reactions: Stan B

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
On the contrary, the use of both the face cloth (Latin: sudarium) and shroud to wrap the corpse was standard Jewish practice. Indeed, the sudarium of Oviedo (which was brought to Oviedo, Spain from the ancient Jerusalem church) once wrapped the same crucified corpse as the Shroud! The blood spatter pattern is the same on both and, more importantly, both contain stains from the same relatively rare blood type AB!

Jesus NEVER bled.
Jesus NEVER stained.
Joseph wrapped Jesus' body in a "multi coloured purpose made" or "in different colours stitched together" [agorasas] and "unused-kept-for-burial-cloth" [sundona].

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

These verses disprove the notion that the shroud of Turin is authentic.

The shroud is one piece of cloth depicting the body of Jesus from the head down. Verse 7 states the cloth napkin about his head was wrapped together separately so making it impossible for the face of Jesus to have been imprinted on the same piece of cloth as his body.

This proves nothing about the shroud of Turin...
1/ The passage doesn't describer how the cloths were arranged. That head cloth could of just been placed over the big shroud.

2/ There are differences in the 4 Gospels.
a/ Luke and Matthew give two different genealogies, does that mean one of the Gospels is fake.
b/ Luke and Matthew also disagree about the angels message. Matthew say the angel appeared to Joseph, Luke says he appeared to Mary.
c/ Matthew says they went to Nazareth after the birth, Luke says they came from Nazareth before the birth.

I could list more but my point is this; you cannot prove that the shroud is fake with scripture.
After extensive testing from various scientists no one has been able to demonstrate how it was faked.

In order to prove the shroud is fake one must demonstrate how it was faked. Without that it remains a mystery

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Doug, post: 627898, member: 7829"]John 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

These verses disprove the notion that the shroud of Turin is authentic.

The shroud is one piece of cloth depicting the body of Jesus from the head down. Verse 7 states the cloth napkin about his head was wrapped together separately so making it impossible for the face of Jesus to have been imprinted on the same piece of cloth as his body.[/QUOTE
======================================================
Yes. The OP, just one post, is sufficient - no more posts of any kind is needed at all,

unless to let those opposed to Jesus, opposed to Truth, spout their deceptions.
(I do not for one second believe that that is the OP's intent, but it happens anyway)....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently also The sons of sceva tried that too....

Who were the seven sons of Sceva? | GotQuestions.org
www . gotquestions.org/seven-sons-of-Sceva.html
The seven sons of Sceva were no match for the demonic power they were toying with (see Mark 5:1-4). The result of the demon's attack on the seven sons of Sceva was that everyone in Ephesus was "seized with fear, and the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor" (Acts 19:17).
Acts 19:11-20 ESV - The Sons of Sceva - And God was doing ...

www . biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+19:11-20&version=ESV
The Sons of Sceva - And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them. Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "I adjure you by ...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John
Study Bible
Beware of Antichrists
…You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
I have not written you because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you have it, and because no lie comes from the truth.
Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that's how you proved the shroud's authenticity.
Can pigs fly ?
YES!
TWA, American planes, Airforce cargo planes, huge gas ballons - whoever will take them!

Is the shroud real ? SURE IS --- it can be touched, photographed, destroyed, weighed , measured,

all in all, anything the antichrist wants to do with it -

it was manufactured one way or another to deceive a few people, and caught on... billions are deceived.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you challenge what you won't accept? Be ignorant, and be happy.
Bobby Jo

Ignorance really is bliss, i miss it, having a childlike understanding and faith, the deeper i get into religion sometimes the more mixed up i can become.

Do i believe the shroud is real or fake, i don't know but until it can be demonstrated how it was done its a mystery to me and im comfortable with that...

There is something that i really love about humbling myself to God on many of the unknowns and just admitting the limitation of my wisdom

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why believe in the false stories, the false traditions, and the false (anything false) ?
It is not written to believe in what you do not understand,
but to NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING if it is not proven true in line with all Scripture - no contradictions permitted.

You might not yet know or realize the demonic sources of the fake shroud, so you may not be able to claim it is false -
but you only should then claim/know that it is not proven true so far to you, and
thus not acceptable.