JOHN 20:6 DISPROVING THE SHROUD OF TURIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would propose that Deut. 18 addresses Historical evidence:

22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you need not be afraid of him.

As such, we see the Shroud not as a "golden calf", but rather a substantiation of the events and participants of those days.

Bobby Jo
Thank you.

Would it be ok to venerate it?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like this?>

Yes, from men, (from rome religion) .... NOT possible with God. Only the false teachers in rome. (or in line with it)
Well....since you are a man are you a false teacher?

Reactions: Stan B

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like this?>

Yes, from men, (from rome religion) .... NOT possible with God. Only the false teachers in rome. (or in line with it)
If you accept that there are 27 books in the NT then you are in line with Rome. Ohhhh the conundrum you are in

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you accept that there are 27 books in the NT then you are in line with Rome. Ohhhh the conundrum you are in
Not at all. Ever since I learned the truth, that God rejects those in rome (or laying in bed with her) propagating a false gospel and false teachings every day,
things have been very simple. Thanks be to God Himself.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. Ever since I learned the truth, that God rejects those in rome (or laying in bed with her) propagating a false gospel and false teachings every day,
things have been very simple. Thanks be to God Himself.
The comedy show continues

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 3:18
If I say to the wicked man, 'You will surely die,' but you do not warn him or speak out to warn him from his wicked way to save his life, that wicked man will die in his iniquity, and I will hold you responsible for his blood.

Ezekiel 3:20
Now if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. If you did not warn him, he will die in his sin, and the righteous acts he did will not be remembered. And I will hold you responsible for his blood.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were warned many times:

Ezekiel 3:18
If I say to the wicked man, 'You will surely die,' but you do not warn him or speak out to warn him from his wicked way to save his life, that wicked man will die in his iniquity, and I will hold you responsible for his blood.

Ezekiel 3:20
Now if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. If you did not warn him, he will die in his sin, and the righteous acts he did will not be remembered. And I will hold you responsible for his blood.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

... and I'll say this: venerated or not, the artifact is legitimate and should be presented to Christians as evidence of that which substantiates our "FAITH"!

Bobby Jo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, we all know how the RCC treated relics in the past... You aren't fooling anyone.
Hi,

I don't understand the reason or tone of your response. I simply gave the dictionary definition of "venerate". What in the world does me giving the dictionary definition of a word have to do with trying to fool anyone??

Mary

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I don't understand the reason or tone of your response. I simply gave the dictionary definition of "venerate". What in the world does me giving the dictionary definition of a word have to do with trying to fool anyone??

Mary
Why on earth would you give reverence to an object? I mean really.

Reactions: SovereignGrace