JOHN 20:6 DISPROVING THE SHROUD OF TURIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why believe in the false stories, the false traditions, and the false (anything false) ?
It is not written to believe in what you do not understand,
but to NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING if it is not proven true in line with all Scripture - no contradictions permitted.

You might not yet know or realize the demonic sources of the fake shroud, so you may not be able to claim it is false -
but you only should then claim/know that it is not proven true so far to you, and
thus not acceptable.

You must be talking to someone else because i made it very clear that i don't believe the shroud to be true or false, i don't know.

I can't prove its true so i don't know if its true.
I can't prove it's false so i don't know if its false.

You can't prove it's true therefore its false. This is a logical fallacy
You can't prove it's false therefore it is true. This is a logical fallacy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be talking to someone else because i made it very clear that i don't believe the shroud to be true or false, i don't know.

I can't prove its true so i don't know if its true.
I can't prove it's false so i don't know if its false.

You can't prove it's true therefore its false. This is a logical fallacy
You can't prove it's false therefore it is true. This is a logical fallacy
Now you're not making any sense.
The shroud was long ago proven false.
To you? No matter. You will find out one day, if you love the truth and seek for the truth,
or on judgment day, no matter what you believe....

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ahahahaha... Judgement day now... Hehehehe... ah your funny...:D:D:D

So u think God will ask... "do u believe the shroud is real"... And i will say "i don't know"
So God will cast me into the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Look... May the peace, mercy and grace of God be with you through our Lord Christ

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why do you challenge what you won't accept? Be ignorant, and be happy.
Bobby Jo

because...

Is the shroud real ? SURE IS --- it can be touched, photographed, destroyed, weighed , measured,
all in all, anything the antichrist wants to do with it -
it was manufactured one way or another to deceive a few people, and caught on... billions are deceived.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might not yet know or realize the demonic sources of the fake shroud, so you may not be able to claim it is false -
but you only should then claim/know that it is not proven true so far to you, and
thus not acceptable.
It is like a weight around someone's neck, to drag them down in destruction (because it is false, and supports a totally false, destructive to faith, system) .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So u think God will ask... "do u believe the shroud is real"... And i will say "i don't know"
So God will cast me into the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
Most people are cast into the lake of fire that was prepared not for them but for the demons.

It doesn't matter if you know it is demonic or not.

That is not what anyone is judged for, condemned .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

These verses disprove the notion that the shroud of Turin is authentic.

The shroud is one piece of cloth depicting the body of Jesus from the head down. Verse 7 states the cloth napkin about his head was wrapped together separately so making it impossible for the face of Jesus to have been imprinted on the same piece of cloth as his body.
Hope this helps: New Analysis Dates Shroud of Turin to the First Century - Associates for Biblical Research (biblearchaeology.org)

Further Ruminations on the Shroud of Turin - Associates for Biblical Research (biblearchaeology.org)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

These verses disprove the notion that the shroud of Turin is authentic.

The shroud is one piece of cloth depicting the body of Jesus from the head down. Verse 7 states the cloth napkin about his head was wrapped together separately so making it impossible for the face of Jesus to have been imprinted on the same piece of cloth as his body.

They couldn’t have wrapped the body in the one piece linen and then place the other piece on the top of it?

they could be no witness to the resurrection proper so God gave us the next best thing