John 3 Jesus discussion with Nicodemus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we become Born Again our faith is child like we are fed milk....as we grow and mature in the Spirit....we can then be fed the meat of Gods word.

Our spiritual understanding of God’s word becomes much more knowledgeable in the Spirit because we are+taught by the Holy Spirit.and are his Born Again children.

We are of the Spiritual nature we are not of the carnal nature...

We are NOT in the flesh we are in the Spirit..hence Born of the Spirit.

Romans 8:7​

“Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.”
I

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Baker

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think he was already born again?
Absolutely, it is the very purpose as to why this discourse is recorded in God's word. Regeneration precedes faith, understanding, etc.

I'll be gone for a while this morning, but will come back and finish and then I''l exchange some posts with you and others, the Lord willing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was brought to believe in Jesus by God...then regenerated and the gift of God given faith...there is no faith without it being God given , it’s also a gift from God...

How can human faith in God manifest itself without the Spirit regenerating us and bring our spirit Alive in Christ..regenerated is the faith from God, that is when we start our journey as a Born Again....Born Again of the Spirit....Believing In Jesus is not enough, we must be regenerated...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, it is the very purpose as to why this discourse is recorded in God's word. Regeneration precedes faith, understanding, etc.
how can we be born again while we are still under the penalty of sin. Justification should come first.. And we are justified through faith are we not
I'll be gone for a while this morning, but will come back and finish and then I''l exchange some posts with you and others, the Lord willing.
look forward to open conversation. God bless

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, Regeneration (born again) comes before faith (belief)?

Huh !!!

So one can be born again and possibly never have faith (belief or understanding)

That's cool. Odd but actually comforting.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can we be born again while we are still under the penalty of sin. Justification should come first.. And we are justified through faith are we not

look forward to open conversation. God bless
Greetings Eternally Grateful~

My brother, Jesus died for our sins, and was raised from the dead for our justification legally speaking.

Have you ever read ann pondered these scriptures?

I highlighted certain phrases to help you see clearly that our salvation from sin and condemnation was a done deal legally speaking before we were ever born into this world.

Ask yourself this question~how was our spiritual father Abraham a friend of God before Jesus ever died for his sins? Jesus was the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world! Grace and mercy was given freely to us from all eternity. COnsider these two scriptures:

Revelation 13:8~“And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”​

2nd Timothy 1:9~“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,”​

We believe in and teach in the doctrine of eternal Justification that once was believed in and taught regularly among the Particular Baptist back in the 1500--1600 in England and in America up and down the east coast~I Know, I have personally visited a town and seen their churches and what they taught and believe~I spent a whole day in Georgetown S.C. going over their history and seeing their religious teachings back in the 1600-1700~almost all without an exception taught just what I'm sharing with you.

Eternal Justification - John Brine Justification as an Eternal and Immanent Act of God - John Gill

Justification by Christ alone, a fountaine of life and comfort, declaring that the whole worke of mans salvation was accomplished by Jesus Christ upon the crosse, in that he tooke away & healed all his, from all sinnes, and presented them to God holy without fault in his sight. And the objections against this are answered, for the consolation of such as believe; & that they may not ascribe that which is proper to Christs preistly office, to their beleiving. / By Samuel Richardson. The best article ever written on the subject of Justification that I have ever read. I have read a lot over the past fifty years.

Last edited:

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Regeneration (born again) comes before faith (belief)
That should go without saying this..... Life must proceed seeing, hearing believing, doing certain acts of righteousness. As it is in the natural, so much more in the spiritual world. Couple of examples should help:

1st John 5:1​

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.”

Now Rella, look at that verse carefully where I highlighted it for you to consider and you answer this question for me: Is faith a condition to be perform before one is born of God; or, is faith the evidence of one born of God? If you answered correctly then you have your answer if regeneration comes first.

I have several more if you would like to consider them, ask and ye shall receive. :)

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought to believe in Jesus by God...then regenerated and the gift of God given faith...there is no faith without it being God given , it’s also a gift from God...

How can human faith in God manifest itself without the Spirit regenerating us and bring our spirit Alive in Christ..regenerated is the faith from God, that is when we start our journey as a Born Again....Born Again of the Spirit....Believing In Jesus is not enough, we must be regenerated...
Greetings Rita,

While I agree with some things you say, I believe you need what Apollos needed...to be instructed more perfectly in the truth. No pun intended.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why did you stop here as so many people do? Just asking
It was a good stopping place~I will come back in the morning and finish. I have a lot of things to do, plus I'm old and do not move as fast as I once did.

I love you name....Eternally Grateful... yes indeed.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should go without saying this..... Life must proceed seeing, hearing believing, doing certain acts of righteousness. As it is in the natural, so much more in the spiritual world. Couple of examples should help:

1st John 5:1​

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.”

Now Rella, look at that verse carefully where I highlighted it for you to consider and you answer this question for me: Is faith a condition to be perform before one is born of God; or, is faith the evidence of one born of God? If you answered correctly then you have your answer if regeneration comes first.

I have several more if you would like to consider them, ask and ye shall receive. :)
Red,

If
So, Regeneration (born again) comes before faith (belief)?
Then you post Whoever believes is born of God:

They do not say the same thing for the born of God in your reply comes after belief.... not before.

Now Rella, look at that verse carefully where I highlighted it for you to consider and you answer this question for me: Is faith a condition to be perform before one is born of God; or, is faith the evidence of one born of God?

Before:

Heb 11:1 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is

This specifically says faith come first before what is hoped for.

The verse faith is the substance of things hoped for and describes a conviction that already happens—here and now—of what we hope for and what God has promised us in the future.

And for me, I can assure you faith (belief) came first before I even understood what it meant to be regenerated.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings Rita,

While I agree with some things you say, I believe you need what Apollos needed...to be instructed more perfectly in the truth. No pun intended.
Well, I don’t mind that as I much rather settle for the Living spiritual understanding of God’s word,rather than the dead religious preacher, if you get my drift..LOL.

Reactions: Red Baker

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Believe in Jesus must come first...Faith is not the same as belief...I had the gift of faith once I was regenerated Born Again .which manifests itself into the heart of Gods child/ Born Again .....

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you not know you were Born Again straight away @Rella ?

How did you know you were regenerated as being regenerated is becoming Born Again...as in,Alive in the Spirit.

I was brought to believe in Jesus by God..then I received faith at the same time I became Born Again...I don’t think I understood the faith that I received from God ..I’ve had to come to understand the faith that was manifested into my heart...I just knew I was Born Again @Rella

Of course I understand God given faith now....it’s such a precious gift....I mean the witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart/ spirit...blows my mind...even now years after becoming Born Again....
No I did not. My belief/faith came at the time I went through the communicant classes around 12 or 13 that I had to take to receive my first Holy Communion.

They never talked in terms of born again or regeneration... they taught all about Jesus and the crucifixion and the meaning of that and the acceptance of what he did for us all through his shed blood.... and so on.

But this was the Presbyterian Church back in the 1950s when babies were baptised by their believing parent(s)
and the parents, church and classes were in charch to grow the kids into what I always called solid Christians.

I was told because of Jesus I would go to heaven. I had no other reference and I simply believed it cause the church would not lie to you, now would they..........?????????????????????????????????????

It was not until I was in my 20s that I started to go to Women's Christian Luncheons with my Mother and listened to assorted testimonies.

I would say that it was during these that God worked on me... started to draw me.... opened my ears....

I was a very bad subject matter for Him. You don't need to know my sins and he obviously worked through me and drew me for literally decades.

All the while I thought I would be in heaven at the end.... Until 12 years ago when 11 people on another forum told me I would not.... another story for another day.

From about 1985 for the next 23 years I could not get enough of God.... but I still had times I felt I was doing something wrong. I wont talk about 2009 and for a few years after that but I decided back in 2012 to find out what was seemingly missing in my life..... and to get back to God.

And you know what it was..... wait for it.... now in my 70s.... practically dead..... my old forum shut down for months and I happened on this one and that one thing that happened that made my heart race and my breath draw up short was @Behold and the very first time anyone had talked of the born agaain spirit and then now that is all I see when I read my Holy Book.... always spirit.... and especially when God said

Ezekiel 36: 25-27

25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

For me that was the missing link. I could relate.

That is such an important part of the bible for me.

So now you know

BTW @Red Baker

There was nothing in my life that I could ever see, feel, or believe that I had been pre-destined.

But I believe it was my youth studies that got God's attention and in His timing He work and worked on me.

He never once interfered with my free will life (Well, maybe a bit) And he had my back twice when it was hopeless and I was so undeserving.

All of you be blessed

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing @Rella ..I deleted my post as I thought it was to personal..obviously you didn’t and I was delighted that you shared your testimony...God Bless you Sis...it’s nearly 11.30 pm here, way past this lady’s bedtime and I refuse to call myself old,LOL,xoxo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And you know what it was..... wait for it.... now in my 70s.... practically dead..... my old forum shut down for months and I happened on this one and that one thing that happened that made my heart race and my breath draw up short was @Behold and the very first time anyone had talked of the born agaain spirit and then now that is all I see when I read my Holy Book.... always spirit.... and especially when God said

You see it.
You SEE that God always SEES YOU as the "Born again" "New Creation" ... "In Christ".

God always sees the born again as..

Heir of God
Joint Heir with Jesus
New Creation
In Christ
Seated in Heavenly Places
One with God
Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb
BORN AGAIN..

This is how God sees a "Son/Daughter" of God....

He is not looking at how we THINK or what we FEEL.. And He's not looking at our BODY.

NONE of that is the "born again" Child of God..

So, what is left?

And now you SEE IT.,.

Its your Born Again Spirit, that has become "one with God".. This is the NEW CREATION.. This is the "Children of the LIGHT".

Now you see it, and now you know how God sees YOU... at all times.

And THAT is how you work out your Salvation.....its to SEE IT Correctly. And that is the RENEWED MIND.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe in Jesus must come first...Faith is not the same as belief...I had the gift of faith once I was regenerated Born Again .which manifests itself into the heart of Gods child/ Born Again .....
Three things you said that I would mention in order to better instruct the readers. They are:

1. Comes first before what?

2. Faith and belief not the same? Care to explain yourself?

3. "I had the gift of faith once I was regenerated Born Again"~ the biblical way of saying this better, dear soul, would be: "Once regenerated/born again, It gave me the power to believe, see, hear, repent, and give an answer of a good conscience in water baptism." John 1:12,13; Acts 10:43-48; 1st Peter 3:21; etc. to name a few.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Three things you said that I would mention in order to better instruct the readers. They are:

1. Comes first before what?

2. Faith and belief not the same? Care to explain yourself?

3. "I had the gift of faith once I was regenerated Born Again"~ the biblical way of saying this better, dear soul, would be: "Once regenerated/born again, It gave me the power to believe, see, hear, repent, and give an answer of a good conscience in water baptism." John 1:12,13; Acts 10:43-48; 1st Peter 3:21; etc. to name a few.
God brings me to believe in the Name of Jesus, that is what he did, remember I had never read a Bible up to the point of being Born of the Spirit....all I knew at that particular time I was Born Again..by the testifying of the Spirit that testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children/ Born Again. the spiritual rebirth is a “ Living “ rebirth..do you understand what “ Living “ means Gods word is Alive in Spirit, is it not?

I was then Born Again and received God given faith at the same time....I did not realise how powerful my God given Faith was at that time...I have matured in Gods Faith that he gifted me and have since come to realise that I can do nothing on my own accord...he is 100% in control of my life....therefore I rest in that spiritual knowledge...
I have Faith that can move mountains....this Faith was not given to glorify “ ME” this Faith is to GLORIFY God....that’s why he gifted it to me....I had to come to this spiritual understanding.via His Spirit.

Like everyone else here, that is my testimony and belief...if you or anyone else doesn’t understand it, no worries, I’m on my own journey with God via his Spirit.
I didn’t understand Rella testimony... that doesn’t mean she isn’t Born Again...it just means she too is on her own journey with God.

I have found that those who doubt others testimony’s are usually the ones that doubt their own...

Edit to:add..my faith is very much Alive and Active...it’s not dead faith.

In other words my faith is in the Living word of God , he is not contained...he is a Living Spirit...hence the scripture ,his word is Alive and Active?..do you understand what that means.

Do you understand this scripture?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Red, And for me, I can assure you faith (belief) came first before I even understood what it meant to be regenerated.
Well, dear friend, faith does come before understanding that goes with saying~yet, life comes before one could even have the power to believe. Let me break this verse down even more.

Jone 5:1a Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: .....

Whosoever believeth~With much emphasis in this chapter on the identity of Jesus, our faith is a gift from God. See also Philippians 1:28,29

The universe exists for this great drama, but most men reject it, neglect it, or miss it. God chose to display Himself to the universe through His Son to save all His elect. Most men do not know why they exist, what to do with life, or how to worship God. Without faith, God’s gift to His sons, we would believe the world’s destructive lies. All men should believe, but only those born of God will believe, condemning all men. The condemnation is great, for the wrath of God will remain upon them (John 3:18,36). The Jews adored their scriptures, missing the clear testimony of Christ (John 5:39-40). We must thank God always for choosing us to believe truth unlike others (2nd Thessalonians 2:13). Jesus the Son of God will come to destroy all enemies (2nd Thessalonians 1:7-10; Acts 17:30-31).

That Jesus is the Christ~We met with this fact about Jesus Christ the Son of God in the first verses (Ist John 1:1-3). We met with this fact about Jesus the Christ earlier against many antichrists (Ist John 2:22). Jesus is the personal name of the Son of God given by angelic direction to both parents. The Christ is the anointed Messiah of God promised throughout the Old Testament. The rejection of this fact was primarily a Jewish error denying their own scriptures.

Jesus is the Christ = Jesus of Nazareth, Son of Mary, is God’s chosen Messiah and Son. The record given in the Bible is what we know and believe by faith (Matt 1:16-25). English Christ is from the Greek Christos, from Hebrew Messiah (John 1:41; 4:25). The Messiah, or Christ, was known as Son of David and Son of God (Matt 16:16). Thus, if you believe Jesus of Nazareth is God’s anointed Son, you have proof by faith. Most do not believe, and there is little value trying to tell them of it (2nd Thessalonians 3:1-2). Repentance to accept truth – or the creation of faith – is God’s gift (2nd Timothy 2:24-26). It is God’s elective choice that any have faith to believe (Ist Corinthains 1:18-31; James 2:5).

Is born of God~Born of God = regeneration = quickened = a new nature (new man) by the Spirit to be sons vitally. This same apostle made it very clear the sovereign power involved (John 1:12-13; 3:1-8).

Faith to believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is proof a man is already born again. Consider:

He that believeth [present tense; active voice] is born of God [perfect tense; passive]. Perfect tense is action completed [perfected] in the past and still true in the present.

We prove this priority of action by John’s previous points (Ist John 4:7 cp Ist John 3:14). Consider John’s other examples proving regeneration is before faith (Ist John 4:15).

Unless a man is born again, he cannot see God’s kingdom, let alone its King (John 3:3)~which we trust we proved above.

Being born again is God’s work, without human efforts, for us to believe (John 1:12). God’s work of grace in causing the new birth is like the sovereign wind (John 3:8).

He that is of God – already born of God – can hear and understand (John 8:43-45,47). The sheep of Christ will believe – they do not believe to become sheep (John 10:26). Only those already saved are able and willing to believe on Jesus (Ist Corinthians 1:18,24). The gospel is hid from others, for they are lost and blinded by Satan (2nd Corinthians 4:3-4). So, faith is the evidence of eternal life and God’s gift (1st Corinthians 2:14-17; 2nd Thessalonians 3:1-2).

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the biblical way.

My rebirth was a Living rebirth, not something you read in your mind...my spirit was Born Again not my mind...and yes...there I was in the word of God..

As Jesus explained to Nicodemus , that’s how I was Born Again...the Spirit of God is like the wind, his “ Living word is everywhere and one does not need to read a Bible to become Born Again of the Spirit.

Born Again of the Spirit....that is the part I don’t think you understand..that Gods word is “ Alive “ in Spirit?

How would anyone know they were Born Again...without the testifying with our spirit from the Holy Spirit that we are Gods children.....it’s our spirit that is Born Again?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, dear friend, faith does come before understanding that goes with saying~yet, life comes before one could even have the power to believe. Let me break this verse down even more.

Jone 5:1a Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: .....

Whosoever believeth~With much emphasis in this chapter on the identity of Jesus, our faith is a gift from God. See also Philippians 1:28,29

The universe exists for this great drama, but most men reject it, neglect it, or miss it. God chose to display Himself to the universe through His Son to save all His elect. Most men do not know why they exist, what to do with life, or how to worship God. Without faith, God’s gift to His sons, we would believe the world’s destructive lies. All men should believe, but only those born of God will believe, condemning all men. The condemnation is great, for the wrath of God will remain upon them (John 3:18,36). The Jews adored their scriptures, missing the clear testimony of Christ (John 5:39-40). We must thank God always for choosing us to believe truth unlike others (2nd Thessalonians 2:13). Jesus the Son of God will come to destroy all enemies (2nd Thessalonians 1:7-10; Acts 17:30-31).

That Jesus is the Christ~We met with this fact about Jesus Christ the Son of God in the first verses (Ist John 1:1-3). We met with this fact about Jesus the Christ earlier against many antichrists (Ist John 2:22). Jesus is the personal name of the Son of God given by angelic direction to both parents. The Christ is the anointed Messiah of God promised throughout the Old Testament. The rejection of this fact was primarily a Jewish error denying their own scriptures.

Jesus is the Christ = Jesus of Nazareth, Son of Mary, is God’s chosen Messiah and Son. The record given in the Bible is what we know and believe by faith (Matt 1:16-25). English Christ is from the Greek Christos, from Hebrew Messiah (John 1:41; 4:25). The Messiah, or Christ, was known as Son of David and Son of God (Matt 16:16). Thus, if you believe Jesus of Nazareth is God’s anointed Son, you have proof by faith. Most do not believe, and there is little value trying to tell them of it (2nd Thessalonians 3:1-2). Repentance to accept truth – or the creation of faith – is God’s gift (2nd Timothy 2:24-26). It is God’s elective choice that any have faith to believe (Ist Corinthains 1:18-31; James 2:5).

Is born of God~Born of God = regeneration = quickened = a new nature (new man) by the Spirit to be sons vitally. This same apostle made it very clear the sovereign power involved (John 1:12-13; 3:1-8).

Faith to believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is proof a man is already born again. Consider:

He that believeth [present tense; active voice] is born of God [perfect tense; passive]. Perfect tense is action completed [perfected] in the past and still true in the present.

We prove this priority of action by John’s previous points (Ist John 4:7 cp Ist John 3:14). Consider John’s other examples proving regeneration is before faith (Ist John 4:15).

Unless a man is born again, he cannot see God’s kingdom, let alone its King (John 3:3)~which we trust we proved above.

Being born again is God’s work, without human efforts, for us to believe (John 1:12). God’s work of grace in causing the new birth is like the sovereign wind (John 3:8).

He that is of God – already born of God – can hear and understand (John 8:43-45,47). The sheep of Christ will believe – they do not believe to become sheep (John 10:26). Only those already saved are able and willing to believe on Jesus (Ist Corinthians 1:18,24). The gospel is hid from others, for they are lost and blinded by Satan (2nd Corinthians 4:3-4). So, faith is the evidence of eternal life and God’s gift (1st Corinthians 2:14-17; 2nd Thessalonians 3:1-2).
What you are trying to do here imo, is tell someone how they become Born Again...I’ve done the same.

That is a Big NO, NO...you can’t tell anyone how to become Born Again.

You wouldn’t know how....only God is the initiator of becoming Born Again and he does it all on his own, with his mighty power...” HIS WAY” not your way not my way.

Gods Way!......we all become Born Again Gods way...and by only one Spirit...” The Holy Spirit “ ...not by any other spirit....that’s why we are told to test the spirits.

1 John 4:1

King James Version

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Last edited: