John 3 Jesus discussion with Nicodemus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Nicodemus answered and Jesus said".....heard this a few times over have we not?

Thank God for this discourse between a master in Israel and our Lord~recorded for us to learn a wonderful truth~one must be born again, before they can see, and understand spiritual truth, impossible for it to be otherwise, since men by nature are at enmity against the holy scriptures, they truly consider the scriptures below their high opinion that they have of themselves and what they want others to think of them, since all men believe that the scriptures are a crutch for weak minded individuals who are below them in every way imaginable who need something better than what they have in this world.

"How can these things be?" I love the humble spirit of this man named Nicodemus~he humbly ask our Lord this simple question because he was still in spiritual ignorance of this biblical truth of being born again, and even more so, concerning the truth that it must proceed the gift of faith, even though he was a living example of this truth before us!

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou not a master in Israel, and know not these things?" The new birth is taught all through the scriptures in different manner and allegories. Yes, it takes spiritual eyes given by the Spirit of the Living God to see truths and and even more so, to take those truths and open them up to God's sheep and even lambs.

Consider the great man Abraham~A man among a nations of heathens worshipping other gods. How did it come to pass that this man left his homeland to seek a better country than the one he had? God Almighty called him alone, to leave and to follow him.

The gift of faith was freely given to Abraham the father of all that believe ~we know that God likewise gave Lot the same power, only he did not make the best of his God given faith.

We see in the life of Isaac how his birth was a beautiful picture of all of the children of God's promises are born again~we are born again based on two immutable acts of God, his oath and his promises of grace, Isaac being the perfect picture of all of those born of the Spirit of God.

Our spiritual birth was solely accomplish by the power of God's Spirit alone according to his holy oath and promises of grace to the seed of Jesus Christ.

Why had not this master in Israel considered these precious truth? They were hidden from him, and besides, it takes the working of God's Spirit to reveal any truth much more so the new birth~for it goes against the pride of sinful man telling him that he is a corrupt sinner unable to even desire to love and fear God on his own and in his sinful condition he is in by nature.

Most truths we will learn in our lifetime will come via by the help of uneducated men and women whom God has revealed his truths to.

Amen.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spirit of the Living God to see truths and and even more so, to take those truths and open them up to God's sheep and even lambs.
There was only one Lamb slain....are we referred to as lambs in Gods word?...that’s a new one for me.

I understand the sheep know the voice of Jesus and that they run from a stranger?
I can’t relate to being a lamb of Jesus?

Or maybe you mean a new Born Again in Christ?

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was only one Lamb slain....are we referred to as lambs in Gods word?...that’s a new one for me.

I understand the sheep know the voice of Jesus and that they run from a stranger?
I can’t relate to being a lamb of Jesus?

Or maybe you mean a new Born Again in Christ?
Lambs are less than 12 months old. Adult sheep are 12 months and older.

Jesus was cut off out of the land of the living at a very young age of around 33 years old, truly a lamb of God without spot or blemish.

"Or maybe you mean a new Born Again in Christ?"....Yes

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see it.
You SEE that God always SEES YOU as the "Born again" "New Creation" ... "In Christ".

God always sees the born again as..

Heir of God
Joint Heir with Jesus
New Creation
In Christ
Seated in Heavenly Places
One with God
Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb
BORN AGAIN..

This is how God sees a "Son/Daughter" of God....

He is not looking at how we THINK or what we FEEL.. And He's not looking at our BODY.

NONE of that is the "born again" Child of God..

So, what is left?

And now you SEE IT.,.

Its your Born Again Spirit, that has become "one with God".. This is the NEW CREATION.. This is the "Children of the LIGHT".

Now you see it, and now you know how God sees YOU... at all times.

And THAT is how you work out your Salvation.....its to SEE IT Correctly. And that is the RENEWED MIND.
Thank you my brother, my friend.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings Eternally Grateful~

My brother, Jesus died for our sins, and was raised from the dead for our justification legally speaking.
Yes, But he will not force it on you. This very passage shows us how we are born again
Have you ever read ann pondered these scriptures?
well yes, but again. Why did you stop there,, what about 8-9.
I highlighted certain phrases to help you see clearly that our salvation from sin and condemnation was a done deal legally speaking before we were ever born into this world.
I never said it was not.
Ask yourself this question~how was our spiritual father Abraham a friend of God before Jesus ever died for his sins? Jesus was the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world! Grace and mercy was given freely to us from all eternity. COnsider these two scriptures:
Because he had faith in God
We believe in and teach in the doctrine of eternal Justification that once was believed in and taught regularly among the Particular Baptist back in the 1500--1600 in England and in America up and down the east coast~I Know, I have personally visited a town and seen their churches and what they taught and believe~I spent a whole day in Georgetown S.C. going over their history and seeing their religious teachings back in the 1600-1700~almost all without an exception taught just what I'm sharing with you.

Eternal Justification - John Brine Justification as an Eternal and Immanent Act of God - John Gill

Justification by Christ alone, a fountaine of life and comfort, declaring that the whole worke of mans salvation was accomplished by Jesus Christ upon the crosse, in that he tooke away & healed all his, from all sinnes, and presented them to God holy without fault in his sight. And the objections against this are answered, for the consolation of such as believe; & that they may not ascribe that which is proper to Christs preistly office, to their beleiving. / By Samuel Richardson. The best article ever written on the subject of Justification that I have ever read. I have read a lot over the past fifty years.
You are teaching a fatalistic Calvinist doctrine. of regeneration before justification.

It is an act of God. But God tells us when that act is accomplished.

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Romans 4: 1-3
4 What then shall we say that Abraham our father[a] has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was [b]accounted to him for righteousness.”

Romans 5:1
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Justified is a legal term, it means you have been judged or declared righteous (the same root word in the greek) or innocent of wrong doing. It is what saves us..

it happened when we trust God. and the end result of justification is that we are born again.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should go without saying this..... Life must proceed seeing, hearing believing, doing certain acts of righteousness. As it is in the natural, so much more in the spiritual world. Couple of examples should help:

Now Rella, look at that verse carefully where I highlighted it for you to consider and you answer this question for me: Is faith a condition to be perform before one is born of God; or, is faith the evidence of one born of God? If you answered correctly then you have your answer if regeneration comes first.

I have several more if you would like to consider them, ask and ye shall receive. :)
You have people being born again in sin.

How can this be?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a good stopping place~I will come back in the morning and finish. I have a lot of things to do, plus I'm old and do not move as fast as I once did.

I love you name....Eternally Grateful... yes indeed.
I hope so. Because the part you left out is the HOW we are born again..

Thank you :)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe in Jesus must come first...Faith is not the same as belief...I had the gift of faith once I was regenerated Born Again .which manifests itself into the heart of Gods child/ Born Again .....
Your right.

You can believe, yet not be assured, yet that will not save you

Faith is belief in action. it is assured.. It is faith that saves

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are trying to do here imo, is tell someone how they become Born Again...I’ve done the same.

That is a Big NO, NO...you can’t tell anyone how to become Born Again.

You wouldn’t know how....only God is the initiator of becoming Born Again and he does it all on his own, with his mighty power...” HIS WAY” not your way not my way.

Gods Way!......we all become Born Again Gods way...and by only one Spirit...” The Holy Spirit “ ...not by any other spirit....that’s why we are told to test the spirits.

1 John 4:1​

King James Version​

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Actually they can know how

They can read John 1

But as many as have recieved him, to THEM he gave the power to become Gods children

John 3,

As moses lifted the serpent, so to must the son of man be lifted up that whoever believes will not perish but have eternal life (new birth)

They can also read John 4, 5 and 6.. and many other places in scripture

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, use google and do a search.
I believe you,God showed me ...that’s why I deleted my post to you.

Thanks for that....it made sense after looking up it’s mening.

Praise God for that spiritual understanding...it’s not always revealed to me that quickly.

Appreciate your scripture that you posted..thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Baker

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually they can know how

They can read John 1

But as many as have recieved him, to THEM he gave the power to become Gods children

John 3,

As moses lifted the serpent, so to must the son of man be lifted up that whoever believes will not perish but have eternal life (new birth)

They can also read John 4, 5 and 6.. and many other places in scripture
Sorry, this makes no sense to me...if you believe that was the rebirth, no problem.

I can only understand what God has led me to understand.....As Moses lifted up the serpent and the tax man getting on his knees.

I have no spiritual understanding whatsoever of what that means, neither do I wish to.

I was Born Again just likeJesus explains to Nicodemus....like the wind, the Holy Spirit is everywhere, that’s how I was Born of the Spirit....like the wind the Holy Spirit showed up and by his mercy and grace...Spirit gives birth to spirit/ Born of the Spirit/ Born Again by the Living word of God and Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.....the Holy Spirit can show up at any time and you never know where he comes from or where he goes to....so is everyone Born of the Spirit....as he’s like the wind...he’s everywhere.

Gods word never returns void to him it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, this makes no sense to me...if you believe that was the rebirth, no problem.
Thats not my problem
I can only understand what God has led me to understand.....As Moses lifted up the serpent and the tax man getting on his knees.

I have no spiritual understanding whatsoever of what that means, neither do I wish to.
So jesus words mean nothing to you??
I was Born Again just likeJesus explains to Nicodemus....like the wind, the Holy Spirit is everywhere, that’s how I was Born of the Spirit....like the wind the Holy Spirit showed up and by his mercy and grace...Spirit gives birth to spirit/ Born of the Spirit/ Born Again by the Living word of God and Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.....the Holy Spirit can show up at any time and you never know where he comes from or where he goes to....so is everyone Born of the Spirit....as he’s like the wind...he’s everywhere.

Gods word never returns void to him it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.
Were you born again?

I was born again also. when I believed and placed my faith and looked at the cross. and got on my knees, Like thw wind the spirit come on me, and washed my sins away and took residence in my life and my soul as a pledge of my eternal salvation.

If you have not placed your faith in Christ, Your not saved.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have people being born again in sin.

How can this be?
Oh brother, you sound just like Nicodemus.

All men by nature are sinners living in sin~Jesus came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. You should know the scripture ~ But here's one for you:

God quickens the dead sinner to life, by his almighty power, the same power used to bring Jesus from the dead, to show one the extent of being dead in trespasses and sins.

Yes men are born again while dead in sins and trepssess, yet once born again, these men no longer will live under its power season after season, maybe from time to time.... yes, we all have to a certain degree, since our life is not without sin, yet one's overall life will be a life live in righteousness, not unrighteousness.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not my problem

So jesus words mean nothing to you??

Were you born again?

I was born again also. when I believed and placed my faith and looked at the cross. and got on my knees, Like thw wind the spirit come on me, and washed my sins away and took residence in my life and my soul as a pledge of my eternal salvation.

If you have not placed your faith in Christ, Your not saved.
You make no sense and lack spiritual understanding..

My faith came from God..how can anyone place there Faith in God without knowing him first?

We must receive God given faith and be regenerated by the Living word of God.

Human faith is no faith at all...without the Spirit we are none of His, as his word says.

I’m Born Again of imperishable seed ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rwb

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Rella

"""""It is said All original scripture is "theopneustos" God breathed.

If that be so, why are so many interpretations of said scripture in opposition. (ref. Romans 13:1);:"""""

Its "scholarship" that falsely proclaims that "only the originals are God-Breathed".
And the reason they want you to believe this, is because if you do, then you wont trust the Bible.
And if you become that one, then your faith is not built on God's word...
= And instead, you'll come to THEM.... which is what they want.
These people would have you believe that they are the authority, and the "bible can't be trusted".
They are bible correctors and the first one of those was the Devil, who said of God's word..."Hath God really said that"..

And something else to realize, is that God will preserve His word..., and He did. And its in the ENGLISH Language., not the K.Greek, that is a dead language.

And one more thing... .. there is no "original"... as the only ORIGINAL, was the Apostle's actual Letters, and those are gone for 1900 yrs.....

And the reason there are so many "new versions" is because Satan has them coming out all the time.
And they are VERSIONS, and that is not the same thing as a BIBLE.

Reactions: Red Baker

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make no sense and lack spiritual understanding..

My faith came from God..how can anyone place there Faith in God without knowing him first?
Thats what brought you to christ..
We must receive God given faith and be regenerated by the Living word of God.
Yes. We have faith first. THEN we are born again (regenerated)
Human faith is no faith at all...without the Spirit we are none of His, as his word says.
Human faith is faith in self. Godly faith is faith in God.. Who do you trust?
I’m Born Again of imperishable seed ?
If you heard the word of truth, and trusted God and called out to him, Yes you are..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom