John 3 Jesus discussion with Nicodemus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said no such thing, that we are Born Again before our sins are forgiven....you bear false witness, show me where I said that please?
Your sins are not forgiven until you have faith and are justified.

You say we are born again first.

do you not understand your own belief system?
Every thing you post is never in line with the word of God, it’s always muddled and way out of context..I will pick you up on it next time I see you doing this.
Non responsive.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told Nicodemus how we are Born Again, he couldn’t understand what Jesus was saying, he thought he had to enter his mother’s womb a second time.

Being Born Again like the wind is very easy to understand...the Holy Spirit can show up at any time and make us Born of the Spirit ...you can’t be taught that by reading scripture..it’s a miracle rebirth.
Nicodemus asked.

HOW CAN THESE THINGS BE (HOW AM I BORN AGAIN>>>
Being Born of the Spirit is becoming Born Again of imperishable seed, then we have passed from death to life in the Spirit.

Gods word proves you wrong and once again you post Gods word way out of context.
yawn
I knew exactly when I was Born Again by the Living word of God...when God decides to Spirit gives birth to spirit...you do not choose for that to happen...Born of the Spirit is exactly that...a miraculous rebirth.
Then when were you born again, what did you do?
Then I suggest you do the same.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our sins are forgiven when God draws us to Jesus, when God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, God brings us to believe in Jesus, then our sins are forgiven, we then receive the gift of God given faith and are Born Again of imperishable seed.
You say we are born again first.

I said no such thing...that is you twisting words.
do you not understand your own belief system?

I understand fully that I am Born Again of imperishable seed.
Non responsive.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nicodemus asked.

HOW CAN THESE THINGS BE (HOW AM I BORN AGAIN>>>

yawn

Then when were you born again, what did you do?

Your belief that you got on your knees and held up the serpent..is NOT I’m afraid being Born Again of imperishable seed.....when we are Born Again...we never know when it will happen...of course as I’ve already stated, there is the process where God draws us to Jesus, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, then he brings us to believe in Jesus....there is no directions on that either...it’s initiated by God...it’s pretty amazing stuff, when one looks back at the miracle rebirth.

Where you got this belief system from is baffling and makes no sense on how we are Born Again

We do not receive or accept being Born Again of imperishable seed..it’s a precious act of God.

A Born Again has been predestined/ chosen by God to be Born Again of imperishable seed.. @Eternally Grateful

That I’m afraid is what you don’t understand,imo.when you can show me scripture that says” you” “ chose” the gift of being Born of the Spirit..then I will believe you.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our sins are forgiven when God draws us to Jesus, when God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, God brings us to believe in Jesus, then our sins are forgiven, we then receive the gift of God given faith and are Born Again of imperishable seed.
do what?
I said no such thing...that is you twisting words.
Nope. You just said it again in your first sentence
I understand fully that I am Born Again of imperishable seed.
Yet you do not understand your belief system.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your belief that you got on your knees and held up the serpent.

Please show me where I made this claim. Another false accusation.
.is NOT I’m afraid being Born Again of imperishable seed.....when we are Born Again...we never know when it will happen...of course as I’ve already stated,
Then you can never know you are born again..

If you can never know WHEN, you will never know IF..

there is the process where God draws us to Jesus, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, then he brings us to believe in Jesus....there is no directions on that either...it’s initiated by God...it’s pretty amazing stuff, when one looks back at the miracle rebirth.
Jesus tells us all over the process
Where you got this belief system from is baffling and makes no sense on how we are Born Again
I got it from the word. By listening to ALL Jesus said
We do not receive or accept being Born Again of imperishable seed..it’s a precious act of God.

A Born Again has been predestined/ chosen by God to be Born Again of imperishable seed.. @Eternally Grateful

That I’m afraid is what you don’t understand,imo.when you can show me scripture that says” you” “ chose” the gift of being Born of the Spirit..then I will believe you.
If you do not recieve it, You will never become a child of God. Period.

Those are jesus words nt mine.

But as many as have RECIEVED HIM, to THEM HE GAVE THE RIGHT to BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clarity please?
lol. You tell me, Nothing you said there made sense..
Said what, clarity please?
You said we are born again to believe.

Our sins are not forgiven until we believe.

so youhave us born again BEFORE we believe, or before sin is forgiven
I understand fully well that I am Born Again of imperishable seed....that is not a belief system....my faith is Alive and Active because it was gifted to me by God.
When, what did you do?

You say we can't know when or how. But you say you are?

No that makes no sense.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please show me where I made this claim. Another false accusation.
You said you got on your knees like the taxman then you said something about a serpent did you not?
Explain yourself then?

If you can never know WHEN, you will never know IF..
This makes absolutely no sense, full of confusion
Jesus tells us all over the process

I got it from the word. By listening to ALL Jesus said

If you do not recieve it, You will never become a child of God. Period.

Those are jesus words nt mine.
They are not Jesus words on how we become Born Again...they are your words.
But as many as have RECIEVED HIM, to THEM HE GAVE THE RIGHT to BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD.
You must be Born Again..we receive his Spirit when he decides to make us Born Again then we have the right to become children of God....and not until...you do not choose to receive his Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
lol. You tell me, Nothing you said there made sense..

You said we are born again to believe.
I said no such thing...
Our sins are not forgiven until we believe.
Our sins are forgiven as I stated on my post above...I will not keep repeating myself..everyone can see what I said.
so youhave us born again BEFORE we believe, or before sin is forgiven
Once again your words are full of unscriptural confusion...my posts way above have explained how we become Born Again
When, what did you do?

You say we can't know when or how. But you say you are?

No that makes no sense.
You do not know when the Holy Spirit will make us Born Again, just like his word says.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I mean is....I had no idea that God was going to make me Born of the Spirit, not until the minute it happened, it happened very naturally as God had planned it to happen, ..in a few seconds I had been Born of the Spirit, because as he was indwelling me, he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods Children, he spoke to my spirit....an amazing rebirth....a miracle rebirth....and the whole process was initiated by God....by his will not by mans will, as I explained , a Born Again is predestined by God to be Born Again...we are his vessels to use as he pleases...That seed that was planted when we received the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, the seed / word of God manifests itself in our hearts, as he in dwells his Born Again child , the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, he speaks to our spirit, how else would I know I have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

A Born Again gives God all of the Glory.....we live, breath, and sleep God....we can’t get enough of his spiritual understanding...

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you got on your knees like the taxman then you said something about a serpent did you not?
Show me where I said I lifted up the serpent.. Jesus did not even say that we have to do that
Explain yourself then?
read John 3
This makes absolutely no sense, full of confusion
Well of course not. Because you are confused..

When you do not want to hear something, this is your excuse.

They are not Jesus words on how we become Born Again...they are your words.
Sorry sis, I quoted jesus words. I did not quote my words.
You must be Born Again..we receive his Spirit when he decides to make us Born Again then we have the right to become children of God....and not until...you do not choose to receive his Holy Spirit.
lol.. Your the only one who believes this, This is nonsensical.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your sins are forgiven when we have been drawn to Jesus by God, then God brings us to repentance and Godly sorrow, then he brings us to believe in Jesus, then he makes us Born Again of the Spirit...that’s when our sins are forgiven...once he makes us Born of the Spirit...you have no faith, unless God gifts us with faith at the same time we are Born of the Spirit..

You cannot know that Jesus is who he says he is...unless you have received the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, he manifests his gift of Faith into our hearts/ spirit.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! Just read most of all that was posted today.

I will only add a few things.

The new birth again the topic of John 3:1-8 is a birth by the Spirit of the Living God, that enables a person to see, hear and believe.

Except a man be born again by the Spirit of God, he cannot see the kingdom of God, or, another way of saying he cannot understand the truths that are taught and performed within this holy spiritual kingdom.

So, the new birth must proceed any spiritual activity that is from God. This is the very purpose of this recorded discourse, if we missed this truth we are missing the true purpose of the discourse given to us.

A truth taught with this discourse is that the flesh profiteth nothing~flesh is flesh, that is, sinful, at enmity against God, it is not subject unto God, neither indeed can be, impossible. A person must be born again, and we should not marvel at this truth, since man in his natural condition cannot believe, repent, believe until he is born again.

Another truth taught in this discourse, is the new birth is a birth that man has no active part in, he is totally passive, just as much so as we were in our natural birth, I do not remember that birth as a matter of fact very little until much older, not much different in our spiritual birth by God. I explained much of this above already.

It is impossible to pinpoint when we were born of God, maybe close, maybe not. The Spirit of God came and went unnoticed~one may get close to the time, or season, but not too close. Consider John 1:13 and tell me if you think a person knew exactly when he happen~impossible. Neither a man will is involved or the will of another man, totally of God~God knows, man does not know. I can get close to the season when I was, but impossible to give the precise time. I can give the precise time when I experience a commitment, but that was a conversion experience not a regeneration experience ~two different subject altogether, even though many make them one and the same.

I'll come aback and finish John 3

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me where I said I lifted up the serpent.. Jesus did not even say that we have to do that

You said you got on your knees like the tax man..then something about a serpent....that is not how one is Born Again of imperishable seed.
read John 3

Well of course not. Because you are confused..

When you do not want to hear something, this is your excuse.
No I’m not confused I was Born Again exactly explained to Nicodemus..the Holy Spirit can turn up as and when it suits him and make us Born Again...you do not follow any teachings on how to be Born Of The Spirit.
Sorry sis, I quoted jesus words. I did not quote my words.

You quoted your words.
lol.. Your the only one who believes this, This is nonsensical.
We are most definitely on different levels of spiritual understanding....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing...

You have not been saved from death ....not until you have been Born Again of the Spirit.

You said that very thing

Our sins are forgiven as I stated on my post above...I will not keep repeating myself..everyone can see what I said.

Once again your words are full of unscriptural confusion...my posts way above have explained how we become Born Again

You do not know when the Holy Spirit will make us Born Again, just like his word says.
I know exactly when the HS will make us alive.

Jesus told us..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sins are forgiven when we have been drawn to Jesus by God, then God brings us to repentance and Godly sorrow, then he brings us to believe in Jesus, then he makes us Born Again of the Spirit...that’s when our sins are forgiven...once he makes us Born of the Spirit...you have no faith, unless God gifts us with faith at the same time we are Born of the Spirit..

You cannot know that Jesus is who he says he is...unless you have received the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, he manifests his gift of Faith into our hearts/ spirit.
The term for having our sins forgiven is a term called justification

we are justified by faith.

Rom 3: 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all [f]and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified [g]freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a [h]propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Not sure who you are listening to. But you need to find someone else

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you got on your knees like the tax man..then something about a serpent....that is not how one is Born Again of imperishable seed.
You bore false witness saying I LIFTED UP THE SERPENT.

Now your trying to run away.

Why can't you admit your wrong?
No I’m not confused I was Born Again exactly explained to Nicodemus..the Holy Spirit can turn up as and when it suits him and make us Born Again...you do not follow any teachings on how to be Born Of The Spirit.

You quoted your words.

We are most definitely on different levels of spiritual understanding....
Yes we are..

Good luck.

You once said in my email that you only trusted myself and behold. Well we both have tried to who you your error. and you spit in our faces.

God day

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said that very thing

I know exactly when the HS will make us alive.
No we don’t..only when God decides to make us Born of the Spirit...then you know because it’s mind blowing.
Jesus told us..
Jesus told no one how to become Born Again...he said being Born of the Spirit is like the wind, you never know when the Holy Spirit will show up, but, you certainly know after he has made us Born Again of imperishable seed, it’s mind blowing....that is an act of God and nowhere in scripture does God say , you chose him to make you Born Again

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You bore false witness saying I LIFTED UP THE SERPENT.

Now your trying to run away.

Why can't you admit your wrong?
Run away from what?...admit Gods word is wrong where?..please quote scripture and not your opinion, it’s boring.
Yes we are..

Good luck.
I don’t need luck thanks...I have been Born Again of imperishable seed.
You once said in my email that you only trusted myself and behold. Well we both have tried to who you your error. and you spit in our faces.
That’s because I had no spiritual understanding/ knowledge..God has gifted me with it now, and I am led by him not you or Behold....and I will always put Gods word first above anyone.
Bye..