John 3 Jesus discussion with Nicodemus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, while in some of your points I would agree, some you kinda go against what you are saying.

How can you say, that the new birth is a mind blowing experience that one will never forget, if indeed it is totally unknown to us when the new birth is being performed by God himself? Man is totally passive, God alone is the only active regent working in creating a new man within us instantly by his mighty power. He comes and he goes without us even knowing what is taking place.
He comes and he goes without us even knowing what is taking place.....are you being serious.....his seed/ word/ manifests itself into our hearts as Spirit gives birth to spirit?
His Living word testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children?

If you didn’t know what was taking place....how could you possibly know you are Born Again....only the Spirit can testify with our spirit that we are Gods children.....when Spirit gives birth to spirit....that is the Living/ seed/ word of God.....I think you aren’t understanding that God is Spirit and that his Spirit is a Living Spirit?

That’s what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed?

Galatians 3:16 KJV​

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ
We only can see the effect of this birth with a change of heart toward God, his word, his people, etc. Just as we read about with the thief on the cross.

The reason being why it is mind blowing is.....as the Holy Spirit was indwelling me, he testifies with our spirit that we are his children/ Born Again.....he spoke to my spirit!...that is the mind blowing part?
And of course I had no idea how he made me Born Again as you can’t see the Holy Spirit.....how can you hear without the seed being planted?..as the seed is being planted, which is the Holy Spirit....you hear his word as he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children?..that happens as he’s making us Born Again and manifesting his word/ seed/ Holy Spirit into our heart?....Faith is a gift from God, that is the seed that manifested in my heart....where it has grown and flourished....why , because it was the Living word of God....” His Living Seed” please explain what that means @Red Baker ?
Do you understand this scripture?

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
1 Peter 1:23

We’ve been saved by the living Word of God. That Word is a seed that’s growing inside of us. It will never decay or diminish. It’s there forever.

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Again, we are born of the Spirit of God, period. You dear soul are bringing in the written word of God by misunderstanding 1st Peter 1:23-25....if I'm following you correctly.

Are you attempting to say the Spirit of God is the imperishable / incorruptible seed that liveth and abideth forever? I'm not sure, you tell me what you are saying. It is not clear, at least to me, what you are saying over and over again.
Do you understand that Gods word is Alive in Spirit?

How else would I know I was Born Again...he beareth witness with our spirit that we are Gods children....he plants the imperishable seed into our heart....do you understand what that is?

What does the Living word of God mean to you?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you attempting to say the Spirit of God is the imperishable / incorruptible seed that liveth and abideth forever? I'm not sure, you tell me what you are saying. It is not clear, at least to me, what you are saying over and over again.
Do you not know that the seed is the Living word of God?

Gods seed takes root in the heart of his child/ Born Again...that is his word sown...his Living word....are you having difficulty understanding that Gods word is “ Alive in Spirit?

How else would I know I was Born Again...having never read a Bible?

@Red Baker ......Gods word is Alive and never comes back void to him it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.....do you understand that?

Galatians 3:16 KJV​

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ

Hebrews 4:12-13​

KJV

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

What do you think God sends out of his mouth, if it’s not the Holy Spirit?....his seed?..
The Holy Spirit...is the life giver....the life giver of Faith and His Spirit....how can you know God without the gift of Faith a manifestation of the Spirit....where does that faith manifest itself ?......it manifests itself in the heart/spirit of Gods Born Again...the Holy Spirit is the seed.....we are Born Again of imperishable seed....Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Isaiah 55:11​

King James Version​

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
1 Peter 1:23

We’ve been saved by the living Word of God. That Word is a seed that’s growing inside of us. It will never decay or diminish. It’s there forever.

It’s the word of God that grows in our hearts..his word is what grows and matures us in Christ?

His word is making us into the image of Jesus.....his word is Alive and Active......he’s called the Holy Spirit @Red Baker and without the Spirit we are none of His.

So, how can the Holy Spirit come and go in us?.....

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed....that liveth and abideth forever in our hearts @Red Baker .....the seed is the Holy Spirit my dear friend.....Gods Living word.never ever to leave us.

Last edited:

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know that the seed is the Living word of God?
The word of God is not alive in the sense in which you are attempting to explain yourself. No pun intended~I trust my exhortation is spoken in love.

The seed is the word of God, but the word itself is not alive. The Spirit of the Living God within his people is what gives the holy scriptures the power to quicken us, or stirs our spirits to be doer of the word and not hearers only~but only then when we seek God through his word with all of our hearts, our whole being.

are you having difficulty understanding that Gods word is “ Alive in Spirit?
Alive in the Spirit~how about alive through the Spirit...but only then is this true for those born of God, this is not true of wicked, those still in their sins.

How else would I know I was Born Again...having never read a Bible?
Dear soul, you would not know until you believe, which is the evidence of being already born of God.

.....Gods word is Alive and never comes back void to him it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.....do you understand that?
I understand it well.

Hebrews 4:12-13​

KJV

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
My question to you is this.....does Rita understand what is being said here?

Look at the words I highlighted and you tell me what is the word of God under consideration? It is not his written word, but Jesus Christ the true Living Word of God!

What do you think God sends out of his mouth, if it’s not the Holy Spirit?....his seed?..
The Holy Spirit is not the seed~you will never find one scripture to support what you are saying.

The Holy Spirit...is the life giver....the life giver of Faith and His Spirit....how can you know God without the gift of Faith
True
how can you know God without the gift of Faith
You cannot

the Holy Spirit is the seed.
Wrong

we are Born Again of imperishable seed..
Not in the sense in which you are attempting to say.

.Spirit gives birth to spirit?
The Holy Spirit CREATES a new man within each of the children of God after the image of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4; Colossians 3:10; etc.

We’ve been saved by the living Word of God. That Word is a seed that’s growing inside of us.
RIta, which one is the seed according to you? The Living word of God which you said above is the Holy Spirit? You are not making yourself clear. Also, how is the Word growing inside of us? Care to explain what you are saying? You are using phrases the scriptures does not use.

His word is making us into the image of Jesus.
God is not in the progress of aming us in Jesus' image that's a done deal~the new man within us has eternal life waiting for the glorified body in which we shall dwell in forever more.
he Spirit we are none of His.
True
the seed is the Holy Spirit
Scriptures please. Seed is used in different senses ~ yet never as referring to the Holy Spirit, that I can think of.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The word of God is not alive in the sense in which you are attempting to explain yourself. No pun intended~I trust my exhortation is spoken in love.

The seed is the word of God, but the word itself is not alive. The Spirit of the Living God within his people is what gives the holy scriptures the power to quicken us, or stirs our spirits to be doer of the word and not hearers only~but only then when we seek God through his word with all of our hearts, our whole being.

Alive in the Spirit~how about alive through the Spirit...but only then is this true for those born of God, this is not true of wicked, those still in their sins.

Dear soul, you would not know until you believe, which is the evidence of being already born of God.

I understand it well.

My question to you is this.....does Rita understand what is being said here?

Look at the words I highlighted and you tell me what is the word of God under consideration? It is not his written word, but Jesus Christ the true Living Word of God!

The Holy Spirit is not the seed~you will never find one scripture to support what you are saying.

True

You cannot

Wrong

Not in the sense in which you are attempting to say.

The Holy Spirit CREATES a new man within each of the children of God after the image of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4; Colossians 3:10; etc.

RIta, which one is the seed according to you? The Living word of God which you said above is the Holy Spirit? You are not making yourself clear. Also, how is the Word growing inside of us? Care to explain what you are saying? You are using phrases the scriptures does not use.

God is not in the progress of aming us in Jesus' image that's a done deal~the new man within us has eternal life waiting for the glorified body in which we shall dwell in forever more.

True

Scriptures please. Seed is used in different senses ~ yet never as referring to the Holy Spirit, that I can think of.
@Red Baker .....listen sweet pea....you are trying to work everything out that I posted from your own intellect.

I don’t agree with a word you say above....because it’s all explained from your intellect and not the Spirit....you can’t contain God to the Bible, that’s his Living word, that’s the part you aren’t understanding I have posted scripture that the Holy Spirit is Gods seed.....you obviously aren’t understanding it, @Red Baker .therefore I think we best ignore each other.

Have a good day..God Bless.

Without the seed of God in your heart you will wither and die.

• Ezekiel 36:26-27
    I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Whereas a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed...that seed my dear is the Holy Spirit....

1 John 3:9 in Other Translations 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

The incorruptible/ imperishable seed is the Holy Spirit....what other seed can it be....I pray that you come to understand what a Born Again is, in Jesus Name...Amen!

1 John 3:9

I, the Holy Spirit, am the Seed who was planted in your life when you were born again. It was My presence that gave you eternal life, as well as a new nature and new desires. Just as a seed planted in the ground will grow and bring forth its fruit, so I, the Holy Spirit am the Seed planted in your heart who will bring forth the fruit of righteousness and godliness. A seed has all the ingredients of what it will be when fully grown, and I, the Holy Spirit, have everything you need to be completely godly and fully effective as My servant.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again has spiritual wisdom, only the Holy Spirit can grow and mature us in spiritual understanding/ wisdom.

A Born Again can’t stop the process of becoming Born Again no more than they can stop being Born Again of imperishable seed...who is the Holy Spirit.

Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Paul’s Greeting to the Ephesians
(Acts 19:8–12; Revelation 2:1–7)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus,a the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.
11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Spiritual Wisdom
(1 Corinthians 2:6–16)
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him.
18I ask that the eyes of your heartb may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the wheat produce a healthy crop....because of the soil they were planted in ( the heart)....Gods seed is the only seed that can take root and grow in the heart of his child......therefore you can also know them by their fruit.

The seed that is planted in the heart of Gods child is the Holy Spirit...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m afraid there is NO teachings from anyone on how we become Born Again of imperishable seed....if we were taught how to be Born Again by humans, then that would be of man/ woman.they would have the mystery of how God makes us Born Again....they don’t have that .....therefore their words are void of Gods truth, that’s what they have been deceived into believing.you cannot learn by reading scripture on how to become Born Again, it’s a false teaching.

Gods word says no such thing on how to be Born Again, Jesus teaches Nicodemus how the Holy Spirit moves that is all.and how we are Born of the Spirit....the Holy Spirit is like the wind, he is everywhere...just like the wind to the naked eye, you can’t see it, you can certainly see the destruction it can cause....you also can’t see the Holy Spirit, but, when he decides to make us Born Again, you know it in your heart/spirit, because that is where we become “ Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed “.

Not one person can explain how they were Born of the Spirit, because it’s a miraculous mystery of God.

A mind blowing experience that one will never forget ...because they were Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed....which liveth and abideth forever.....

My testimony and my thoughts.....Born Again is a wonderful gift from God......it’s the start of our spiritual journey with God via his Spirit.

A Born Again was predestined by God to receive his Living word/ seed.....when he decided to make us Born Again of imperishable seed......

A Born Again is all about God...he uses us for his purpose and his plan....we are the vessel that he uses to bring about his will on this earth....and we always Glorify the Father,Son, etc...

There is the process of having our sins forgiven of course, that process God is the initiator of and is not of man.....

1 John 4:4
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

New Living Translation
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

English Standard Version
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Berean Standard Bible
You, little children, are from God and have overcome them, because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
Jesus says how to be born again, And the word tells us over and over how to be born again.

Nicodemus asked How.. Jesus answered.

John 3:
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”
10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [b]who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Born again is another term for being made alive,k or passing from death to life.

Again, Jesus tells us how

John 5: 25
24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 2

Paul even tells us how.

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

We have been saved from death by Grace through faith. and because of this grace. we have been made alive.

Put together with the rest of the word.

But as many as have recieved him (john 1)
The bread from heaven (words) (john 6)

I can go on and on and on

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful~Did you read my post above where I mentioned eternal justification? post #469

The word justification is used in at least five different senses in the scriptures and we must rightly divide them, or we will never fully grasp the meaning in what sense the word is used in a particular passage of scripture that one is considering.

The older writers of the scriptures fully understood the different senses it which the word justification was being used when expounding the word to others. I gave you two or three writers to read behind to check and compare to try their teachings with the word of God~did you take time to consider what they had to say? It is your lost if you did not.
Justification is a legal term

the wage (penalty) if sin is death

the gift of God is life.

We can not be made alive UNTIL the wage is paid in full, justification is through faith.

You have not shown me anything to think any different.
It is almost like speaking in an unknown tongue today when laboring to expound certain doctrines that are no longer even known, much less, even mention from the today's pulpit.

That's a very common path that most take when they just cannot prove that the speaking/writer is wrong, it is a shortcut to continue to reject what is being said, because the person has very little scriptural knowledge to put to silence the person they are discoursing with, and it allows them space to think they are standing for the truth, when in fact they are rejecting what very well could be the truth ~ they will never know since they will not test it with the scriptures~very few noble Bereans anymore~Acts 17:11.
Justification is no different today than it has ever been. Anyone who knows a justice systems understand that.

Btw, what exactly is Calvinistic nonsense to you? Care to explain? If folks could only stop and hear themselves speaking and then compare how the Pharisees spoke to Christ when he taught certain truths, they would be ashamed if the fear of God and a love for his word was in their hearts.
Calvinistic nonsense is that we are born again IN SIN. and double predestination.
I'm going there shortly ~ it is in my path on my way to verse 36 of John 3 ~ to complete the discourse I started. I do not avoid any scriptures and if I did, shame on me, and God would hold me accountable, and may even withhold some light on a certain truth from me ~ besides, why fear any scriptures if one truly believes he/she understand the word of God, he should take all scriptures head on since they all teach one cohesive truth, and truly they are needed to give the complete story of what is truth on the particular subject under consideration.
look forward to it

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before God I trust that I' am.
same with me
And to teach honestly before all men, and before God.

I actually started out believing what I was first taught, back in the early seventies, much different than what if firmly hold today~I did not believe in that Calvinistic nonsense as you called it, or amillennialism, and other doctrines that I have come to see and understand by not being set in my own ways, but I tests all things by God's revelation of the truth.

I can honestly say, I have practiced what I encourage others to do ~ God being my witness, and he does not lie for anyone, and no man should call God to be his witness who is not honest in what he is saying....that would not be too wise to do so.
so your amillenial too?

Ouch!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Red Baker
I don’t agree with a word you say above....because it’s all explained from your intellect and not the Spirit....you can’t contain God to the Bible, that’s his Living word, that’s the part you aren’t understanding I have posted scripture that the Holy Spirit is Gods seed.....you obviously aren’t understanding it,
You do not argue a point this way..

Its prideful. It says you trust God he does not.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus says how to be born again, And the word tells us over and over how to be born again.

Nicodemus asked How.. Jesus answered.

John 3:
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”
10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [b]who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

No, that is not how we are Born Again....Jesus has already explained how we are Born Again in the first part of scripture
Born again is another term for being made alive,k or passing from death to life.

Again, Jesus tells us how

John 5: 25
24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 2
You pass from death to life when you have been Born of the Spirit and not before.

You take scripture way out of context and only post what you understand and that’s why they make no sense imo.
Sorry...you cannot know how to become Born Again...and there is no scripture that shows this.

Scripture you post has got nothing to do with being Born of the Spirit....that’s your understanding of what God’s word is saying...and I 100% disagree with your understanding.
Paul even tells us how.

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

That is nowhere showing how we are Born of the Spirit....being Born of the Spirit is a mystery, but, oh boy you know when you have been Born Again of imperishable seed
We have been saved from death by Grace through faith. and because of this grace. we have been made alive.

Put together with the rest of the word.

But as many as have recieved him (john 1)
The bread from heaven (words) (john 6)

I can go on and on and on
Nope...sorry...none of this is about how we are Born Again...

You have not been saved from death ....not until you have been Born Again of the Spirit.

I too can go on and on.

We are saved from eternal damnation...when we have become Born Again the two happen at the same time.

After we have become Born Again of imperishable seed we then know we are saved from eternal damnation and not before.

Reading your posts imo , you are in complete confusion over how we are Born Again, it seems like you too lead yourself through scripture....and you miss out the most important part...we must be Born again of imperishable seed.which means what @Eternally Grateful ?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do not argue a point this way..

Its prideful. It says you trust God he does not.
If I think someone is discussing in their intellect then I will say so....it says exactly what it says...do you ever speak in your intellect I know I do at times...so please stop assuming it’s saying what you think it’s saying.

That it says I trust God he doesn’t, those are your words...not my words.

We are in the Spirit we are not in the human intellect.

In your understanding of scripture...imo...you put the cart in front of the horse every time......it’s muddled and full of confusion..imo.

Quite a few have told you this on the forum..that you speak Gods truth way out of context....and you do...just being honest.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not how we are Born Again....Jesus has already explained how we are Born Again in the first part of scripture
No. Nicodemus asked How. and Jesus told him how.

why is it so hard for you to see this?
You pass from death to life when you have been Born of the Spirit and not before.
Being born of the spirit IS passing from death to life..
You take scripture way out of context and only post what you understand and that’s why they make no sense imo.
It will never make sense if you do not want to see it
Sorry...you cannot know how to become Born Again...and there is no scripture that shows this.
Sorry, Your wrong, and I showed it so many times I lost count
Scripture you post has got nothing to do with being Born of the Spirit....that’s your understanding of what God’s word is saying...and I 100% disagree with your understanding.
Thats fine, it does not prove me wrong
That is nowhere showing how we are Born of the Spirit....being Born of the Spirit is a mystery, but, oh boy you know when you have been Born Again of imperishable seed
It is a mystery, because we do not know where it comes..

But we know what we must do to recieve it.
Nope...sorry...none of this is about how we are Born Again...
well that's your view
You have not been saved from death ....not until you have been Born Again of the Spirit.
Being born again IS being saved from death..

You put to much emphasis on a group of words. learn what those group of words mean.
I too can go on and on.
No you can't You have one passage where Jesus says WHAT it is, but ignore where Jesus tells us HOW to get it.
We are saved from eternal damnation...when we have become Born Again the two happen at the same time.
Being born again IS being saved from damnation.

After we have become Born Again of imperishable seed we then know we are saved from eternal damnation and not before.
If you can;t know when you were born again, Like your professing, then you can;t know anything..
Reading your posts imo , you are in complete confusion over how we are Born Again, it seems like you too lead yourself through scripture....and you miss out the most important part...we must be Born again of imperishable seed.which means what @Eternally Grateful ?
Again with the nonsense.

I refuse to respond to these nonsensical pridefull words again.. You want to discuss the word. discuss the word. But keep your view of what I am doing to yourself. Because the same thing can be said about you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I think someone is discussing in their intellect then I will say so....it says exactly what it says.
Your being a hypocrite. Because that is what you are doing
We are in the Spirit we are not in the human intellect.

In your understanding of scripture...imo...you put the cart in front of the horse every time......it’s muddled and full of confusion..imo.

Quite a few have told you this on the forum..that you speak Gods truth way out of context....and you do...just being honest.
I put the cart before the horse?

You have us born again for no reason. while still dead in our sin.

Now thats putting the cart before the horse..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your being a hypocrite. Because that is what you are doing

I put the cart before the horse?

You have us born again for no reason. while still dead in our sin.
I have said no such thing, that we are Born Again before our sins are forgiven....you bear false witness, show me where I said that please?

Now thats putting the cart before the horse..
Every thing you post is never in line with the word of God, it’s always muddled and way out of context..I will pick you up on it next time I see you doing this.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. Nicodemus asked How. and Jesus told him how.

Jesus told Nicodemus how we are Born Again, he couldn’t understand what Jesus was saying, he thought he had to enter his mother’s womb a second time.

Being Born Again like the wind is very easy to understand...the Holy Spirit can show up at any time and make us Born of the Spirit ...you can’t be taught that by reading scripture..it’s a miracle rebirth.
why is it so hard for you to see this?

Being born of the spirit IS passing from death to life..
Being Born of the Spirit is becoming Born Again of imperishable seed, then we have passed from death to life in the Spirit.
It will never make sense if you do not want to see it

Sorry, Your wrong, and I showed it so many times I lost count

Thats fine, it does not prove me wrong

It is a mystery, because we do not know where it comes..

But we know what we must do to recieve it.

well that's your view

Being born again IS being saved from death..

You put to much emphasis on a group of words. learn what those group of words mean.

No you can't You have one passage where Jesus says WHAT it is, but ignore where Jesus tells us HOW to get it.

Being born again IS being saved from damnation.
Gods word proves you wrong and once again you post Gods word way out of context.
If you can;t know when you were born again, Like your professing, then you can;t know anything..

I knew exactly when I was Born Again by the Living word of God...when God decides to Spirit gives birth to spirit...you do not choose for that to happen...Born of the Spirit is exactly that...a miraculous rebirth.
Again with the nonsense.

I refuse to respond to these nonsensical pridefull words again.. You want to discuss the word. discuss the word. But keep your view of what I am doing to yourself. Because the same thing can be said about you
Then I suggest you do the same.