John 6 and the bread from heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early Jews ate (chewed on) actual bread (manna) that God miraculously gave them to survive.
He is the NEW bread that comes down from heaven. He is replacing the bread that God gave them.
He is telling us we must eat this bread and when we do we will live forever.
His flesh is that bread.

He told us he would give us his flesh to eat. John 6
Those that couldn't accept that LITERAL hard saying walked away.
Yes

He also said that those who ate manna died. Those who eat this bread will not die but they will live forever.

They ate manna every day because it died (it lost its life giving properties) so they had to continue to eat.

The food jesus gave will endure to eternal life. In fact he said everyone who eats is will never die..

So why do we need to keep eating this food like Manna? Over and over.

that makes no sense.
John 6
Those that stuck around and continued to BELIEVE in him he showed them how He will give us his flesh to eat? 1 Corinthians 11:24
30 years later what did Paul say about this bread? 1 Corinthians 10:16 and 11:27-29
How often did the NT Christians eat this ACTUAL bread? Acts 2:46
When He taught us to pray did he tell us how often we should ask God for this bread? Matthew 6:11
Here you go again.

Again, Do not go to another passage to explain this..

He is not talking about literal bread here. he is talking about spiritual bread. The bread given from the spirit. Who gives life (eternal)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we DO have eternal salvation IF we continue to believe in Him.
then we do not HAVE eternal life
we have CONDITIONAL life.

do you know what the word eternal means?
If you stop believing you will be cast out and not have eternal salvation.

But BEFORE we can have eternal salvation, we must believe in Him.
Where does the word say if we stop believing? The only place I see it is in 1 John, he said these people who stopped believing were never of us, if they were of us they would have stayed.

They were never saved, they never had eternal life. Eternal means forever. Never ending, it can not stop. If it does. It is not eternal

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary

we are talking about John 6

Jesus said things in John 6. I do not need to go to the rest of scripture to understand John 6.

The only reason I would need to do this is if something does not add up in John 6 and I need further clarification.

In my view there is nothing confusing about john 6 that forces me to go someplace else.

Although if I wanted to. I could Go to John 1, john 3, john 4, john 5 and other words of John, which all say basically the same thing about eternal life

Eternal life is the important aspect of John 6. Not the food.. The food is Jesus continuing to do what he did in the other chapters to show what is done to give us eternal life.
EG,

You do know that bible study includes ALL the bible and how ALL the books of the bible complement each other.

Peter is satan. Matthew 16 proves me right.

Prove me wrong without using anything other than Matthew 16.

See how illogical your idea is?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, those disciples that stayed thought he meant it literally.

Like you told me earlier, this is your assumption, so I am not aloud to assume but you are??

Can you show this to be true in John 6?
Because the words He used were literal AND Jesus said to them that it was a hard saying further asking them if they want to leave also. LOGICALLY, If he wasn't being literal, it wouldn't be a hard saying!!
It is a hard saying, and he told them why it was hard.

he told them they did not believe, so they could not understand his words.. He said these words to seperate the believers from non believers.

the non believers took him literally. The believers did not.

Again, Peters words PROVE THIS

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EG,

You do know that bible study includes ALL the bible and how ALL the books of the bible complement each other.

Peter is satan. Matthew 16 proves me right.

Prove me wrong without using anything other than Matthew 16.

See how illogical your idea is?
He was satan at that time. Thats why He told peter to get behind him, because he represented satan, and not Christ.

Again, if you want to look at other verses we can. But lets first discuss John 6

lets go back to scratch

1st You never answered what jesus meant when he said the food that “endures forever” means

second.

Can you please show me where my error was in these verses..

vs 32 - 33 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
- Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.” And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Bread (he who comes from heaven) + He who comes to me and he who believes in me = You will never hunger and you will never thirst

answer this

Did he say he who comes to me?

or did he say he who continues to come to me. Week after week after week and never departs me?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that
cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Jhn 6:36
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
Jhn 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Jhn 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Jhn 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Jhn 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you go back up to where Jesus fed the 5000, this IS exactly what he did.

There is so much packed in here but let's break it down...

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jhn 6:4
And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.
Jhn 6:5
When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jhn 6:6
And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.

Jhn 6:11
And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
Jhn 6:12
When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
Jhn 6:13
Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jesus is explaining what he did when he was distributing the fishes and the loaves to feed them and the taking up of them.

So many people came to him and were hungry, not just for bread but for his miracles, his preaching, his words.
And none of them were sent away hungry. In fact, more came to him than at the first.
This is a picture of the early and the latter rain.

What did the Father give to Jesus.... the people. How many did he lose? None
How many were added? Baskets full.

See Acts:
Act 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Hugs

It wasn't about the bread, they came to hear his words.

The same scenerio can be found in Luke 6. Only it is not the hungry who are gathering but the sick and the lame and the diseased...
to hear him.
His Words are the bread and He is the Manna /Word that was given to all that would listen.

Not the physical bread that God rained on them in the wilderness and did eat.
This is the Spiritual bread that Ged sent to them in the world to listen to.

Luk 9:35
And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Hear him... not eat him..

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 3:10
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Jhn 3:11
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Jhn 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Where is the bread?

Jhn 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

It is His word.

Jhn 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh (heareth my word) , and drinketh my blood (believeth on him that sent me) , hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jhn 6:58
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

What bread?
His Word.

Hugs

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't realize this was a private conversation.
Is it all right if I just sit back and watch?
"IF" it had been then it should have been in pm privacy.

Ppl's spirits are easily seen by the constant bullying & snarky attitudes in display.
Even those whom claim to be led and walk in God's Spirit.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that
cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Jhn 6:36
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
Jhn 6:37
Jhn 6:38
Jhn 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you go back up to where Jesus fed the 5000, this IS exactly what he did.

There is so much packed in here but let's break it down...

Jhn 6:4
And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.
Jhn 6:5
When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?

Jhn 6:6
And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.

Jhn 6:11
And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
Jhn 6:12
When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
Jhn 6:13
Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.

Jesus is explaining what he did when he was distributing the fishes and the loaves to feed them and the taking up of them.

So many people came to him and were hungry, not just for bread but for his miracles, his preaching, his words.
And none of them were sent away hungry. In fact, more came to him than at the first.
This is a picture of the early and the latter rain.

What did the Father give to Jesus.... the people. How many did he lose? None
How many were added? Baskets full.
Here is where it can get a little confusing

the people he fed (5000 men, when we add in their wives and possibly children, it was far more than 5000)

These are the same people who come to Jesus the next day.

Most of these people did not believe, and when all was said and done. Only a few were left when Chapter 6 ended.

To me the feeding of the 5000 was not only for the benefit of the people he fed.

it served 3 purposes at the least

1. It was another (miracle) that proved Jesus was the one who would come in fulfillment of OT prophesy, and was a sign to the people
2. He was teaching the disciples (vs 6 says he was testing them)
3. It would be used the next day to show there is only one way to life. And to get that life, you had to eat the spiritual food he came to offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think someone is here just to sell pillows.......:woohoo!:

And I probably shouldn't click on your ziggy barista link....Don't want no spyware on my computer ;)
Well The Barista which is located in this Forum is a place for anyone to came and share some coffee and capuccino and breakfast lunch dinner, music, we even have buffets to fit anyones liking.
I aim to serve. And you are most welcome.
How do you take your coffee or tea or any beverage and I will have it ready and waiting HOT or Cold, whichever you prefer, if you so desire to join us.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is where it can get a little confusing
I don't see the confusing part..
I agree, everything Jesus did was multi layered.
He was talking to the ones that knew, the ones that didn't know, and the ones who refused to listen.
He was talking about the past, about the present, and the future.

I say, it's like an onion, and there are so many layers, and no matter how many times you think you got one layer figured out, there's always more to learn.
Some people stop at the first layer, this is the carnal mind. They here the words and they can picture in their mind the images being spoken of. But they can't get beyond that. And so they quit looking, because they think they found the answer.
But the answer is everywhere, It's a little here and a little there, some old, some new.

Then there is the spiritual layer, this can only come from the mind of Christ. Here is where you see the translation from the very image of the thing, to what God intends for it to become.

Just as the "church" in the wilderness was a type of the "church" which Jesus is building,
We are the instruments, the plates, the cups, the curtains...
You have to see it with a mind willing to be open to the spiritual realm.
It's not carnal, it's not earthy.
But God didn't show Moses everything, because Moses himself was carnal, leading a carnal people.

And God fed them carnal bread from heaven.... these are the words that God gave Moses to write in that book.
Just as Jesus fed the 5000 with earthly bread. Moses fed Israel with earthly manna.
Just as Jesus fed the people with his words that lead to life, God gave Moses words to feed Israel that would lead to death.

WHY?

Because that nation, that people, and eventually the whole world, would need to be born again with a new heart, and a new mind, and a willingness to listen and to learn and to be saved once and for all.

Today we are in a "type" of Egypt, or a "type" of Babylon. We are oppressed by the laws of our own making.
Jesus cries "Come out of her my people.. because we have been freed from the world, through his life, his death, and his ressurection.

We can not free ourselves, just as the Hebrews could not free themselves.
And so God sent us Jesus, just like he sent Moses, to show us the way.

Everything in the OT is a "type" of the NT. And in order to understand the bible and the truth, you have to study both, side by side, step by step.

You see people in the OT eating flesh and drinking blood? What happened to them.
Because that is the carnal way. And the carnal life will not inherit the spiritual life.
It is the gulf between the rich and the poor. And I don't mean money.
I mean the high and mighty and the arrogant and the lofty, vs. the humble, and the meak, and the lowly, and the kind.

The carnal mind and the spiritual mind.
This world runs on carnal knowledge. It's the first layer. It's what they see with their eyes and can handle with their hands, and taste with their tongues. Carnal, Earthy.

Jesus's Kingdom is spiritual. And in order to be a partaker of that kingdom you have to be willing to let the carnal die.

Mar 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Hugs

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the confusing part..
I agree, everything Jesus did was multi layered.
He was talking to the ones that knew, the ones that didn't know, and the ones who refused to listen.
He was talking about the past, about the present, and the future.

I say, it's like an onion, and there are so many layers, and no matter how many times you think you got one layer figured out, there's always more to learn.
Some people stop at the first layer, this is the carnal mind. They here the words and they can picture in their mind the images being spoken of. But they can't get beyond that. And so they quit looking, because they think they found the answer.
But the answer is everywhere, It's a little here and a little there, some old, some new.

Then there is the spiritual layer, this can only come from the mind of Christ. Here is where you see the translation from the very image of the thing, to what God intends for it to become.

Just as the "church" in the wilderness was a type of the "church" which Jesus is building,
We are the instruments, the plates, the cups, the curtains...
You have to see it with a mind willing to be open to the spiritual realm.
It's not carnal, it's not earthy.
But God didn't show Moses everything, because Moses himself was carnal, leading a carnal people.

And God fed them carnal bread from heaven.... these are the words that God gave Moses to write in that book.
Just as Jesus fed the 5000 with earthly bread. Moses fed Israel with earthly manna.
Just as Jesus fed the people with his words that lead to life, God gave Moses words to feed Israel that would lead to death.

WHY?

Because that nation, that people, and eventually the whole world, would need to be born again with a new heart, and a new mind, and a willingness to listen and to learn and to be saved once and for all.

Today we are in a "type" of Egypt, or a "type" of Babylon. We are oppressed by the laws of our own making.
Jesus cries "Come out of her my people.. because we have been freed from the world, through his life, his death, and his ressurection.

We can not free ourselves, just as the Hebrews could not free themselves.
And so God sent us Jesus, just like he sent Moses, to show us the way.

Everything in the OT is a "type" of the NT. And in order to understand the bible and the truth, you have to study both, side by side, step by step.

You see people in the OT eating flesh and drinking blood? What happened to them.
Because that is the carnal way. And the carnal life will not inherit the spiritual life.
It is the gulf between the rich and the poor. And I don't mean money.
I mean the high and mighty and the arrogant and the lofty, vs. the humble, and the meak, and the lowly, and the kind.

The carnal mind and the spiritual mind.
This world runs on carnal knowledge. It's the first layer. It's what they see with their eyes and can handle with their hands, and taste with their tongues. Carnal, Earthy.

Jesus's Kingdom is spiritual. And in order to be a partaker of that kingdom you have to be willing to let the carnal die.

Mar 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Hugs
my point was in what you said, He lost none (i assume by what you said he meant non of the 5000)

its confusing because while they ate the food and were fed. They were mostly unbelievers. Their unbelief just had not been exposed. It would be the next day when it would be exposed and they would leave.

They still got fed the fish and bread. And they still were offered the living bread. Sadly they did not eat the bread that mattered, and walked away lost.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ziggy and Eternally Grateful - you guys need to explain this . . .

John 6:53-56

“Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”

Find ANY other verse where Jesus is talking about the “flesh and blood” where He doesn’t mean flesh and blood.
Take your time . . .

Also, the normal Greek word used for human eating is “phagon”, however, this is NOT the word used in these passages. John uses the word, “trogon”, which means, to “rip apart” and to “gnaw” one’s food - like an animal. Jesus was again using hyperbole as he often did to drive his point across so that the crowd would understand that he was NOT speaking symbolically. He meant what he said.

Just as the Jewish Passover Lamb was to be eaten, it is also true for the Lamb of God.

Reactions: Marymog and RedFan

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets go back to scratch

1st You never answered what jesus meant when he said the food that “endures forever” means
Back to scratch......EG

Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

HE is the food that endures forever, just like he said.
How do you eat Him like he said you must do? In the form of bread. Just like He said, This IS my body.
How long have Christians been doing that? For over 2,000 years. How much longer can we do it? FOREVER...JUST LIKE HE SAID!!

Does that help?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you please show me where my error was in these verses..

vs 32 - 33 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
- Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.” And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Bread (he who comes from heaven) + He who comes to me and he who believes in me = You will never hunger and you will never thirst

answer this

Did he say he who comes to me?

or did he say he who continues to come to me. Week after week after week and never departs me?
I addressed this in post #32 so you can refer to that.

Going by your restrictive rules of discussion and focusing on those two passages ONLY:

Moses did not give them bread from heaven, God did.
Jesus is telling them that God is giving them true bread from heaven, which is Jesus.
And that Jesus will give life to the world.
They asked for this bread daily because they did not understand that HE is the bread that came down from heaven.
So he tells them I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me and believes in me shall never hunger or thirst.

No, he did not say "he who continues to come to me. Week after week after week and never departs me". He said he who comes to me.

So EG, if you believe in Him you will never thirst or hunger. But if you stop believing in him, you will thirst and hunger.

But since you have put restrictions on our discussion, and I can't us hermeneutics or context, then this is a wasted discussion since we are focusing on two passages in one book of the bible.

Peter was Satan. Prove me wrong. You can't use any other verse or book in the bible!
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Goodness..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ziggy and Eternally Grateful - you guys need to explain this . . .

John 6:53-56
“Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”

Find ANY other verse where Jesus is talking about the “flesh and blood” where He doesn’t mean flesh and blood.
Take your time . . .

Also, the normal Greek word used for human eating is “phagon”, however, this is NOT the word used in these passages. John uses the word, “trogon”, which means, to “rip apart” and to “gnaw” one’s food - like an animal. Jesus was again using hyperbole as he often did to drive his point across so that the crowd would understand that he was NOT speaking symbolically. He meant what he said.

Just as the Jewish Passover Lamb was to be eaten, it is also true for the Lamb of God.
Take my time?

Thats not hard. read the rest of john 6. He did not talk about literal flesh and blood. And more than he is in the part of the passage your talking about.

He explained what he meant in the passage. And it was NOT his literal flesh and blood

You want to discuss this. Break my comments down. Otherwise. We have nothing to discuss

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you told me earlier, this is your assumption, so I am not aloud to assume but you are??
No, I am not assuming I am flat out telling you that the disciples that stayed ALSO took him literally.

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” 68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

WHY would Jesus say to the 12 Do you also want to go? He was asking them if they were going to turn their back on him also because it was a HARD SAYING. A hard saying means that he LITERALLY meant what he said. ALL PRESENT took his words "eat him" LITERALLY. The word he used TRAGO was LITERAL!

You are wearing me out...we have been thru this already.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to scratch......EG

Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

HE is the food that endures forever, just like he said.

How do you eat Him like he said you must do? In the form of bread. Just like He said, This IS my body.
How long have Christians been doing that? For over 2,000 years. How much longer can we do it? FOREVER...JUST LIKE HE SAID!!

Does that help?
You did not answer my question

what does the term ENDURES FOREVER MEAN.

If you can not answer. That is fine. The rest of your post does not answer the question. And you go back to history.

this thread is about what Jesus said. Not what the rulers of this world wrote down for 1500 years.

Can you PLEASE answer what ENDURES FOREVER MEAN.

so no it does not help. Because you did not answer the question.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I addressed this in post #32 so you can refer to that.
All you said in vs 32 is that we have to keep on eating and keep on drinking.

If that is your answer. Then Jesus lied in the verses your trying to defend agrees with you
Going by your restrictive rules of discussion and focusing on those two passages ONLY:

Moses did not give them bread from heaven, God did.
Jesus is telling them that God is giving them true bread from heaven, which is Jesus.
And that Jesus will give life to the world.
They asked for this bread daily because they did not understand that HE is the bread that came down from heaven.
So he tells them I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me and believes in me shall never hunger or thirst.

No, he did not say "he who continues to come to me. Week after week after week and never departs me". He said he who comes to me.

So EG, if you believe in Him you will never thirst or hunger. But if you stop believing in him, you will thirst and hunger.
He did not say this is the passage he said whoever COMES TO ME will never hunger or thirst.

He did not say they will never hunger ad thirst as long as they continue to believe, He flat out said they will never hunger and thirst.

But since you have put restrictions on our discussion, and I can't us hermeneutics or context, then this is a wasted discussion since we are focusing on two passages in one book of the bible.
Restricted?

How have I restricted.

I posted the passage, and ask you what he said. You are free to tell me what he said is true, or if it is a lie as stated.

or you can continue to go elsewhere or to history. At which Time you have proven why I can not believe what you say I must believe what God said..

So explain to me why he said it and it is not true?
Peter was Satan. Prove me wrong. You can't use any other verse or book in the bible!
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Goodness..
What was I wrong? Was Peter not speaking on behalf of satan at the time. did Jesus not use these words to open peters hearts? Did it work. Or did peter continue to act like satan?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a hard saying, and he told them why it was hard.

he told them they did not believe, so they could not understand his words.. He said these words to seperate the believers from non believers.

the non believers took him literally. The believers did not.

Again, Peters words PROVE THIS
NO, Peters words DO NOT prove this. That is how YOU have interpreted that SINGLE passage. They believed in Jesus. The knew that he was the Holy One of God. Jesus had TOLD them that they must eat Him. He just hadn't shown them HOW to eat him. That comes later....but we can't talk about that, Can we?

If we are to take all of john 6 IN COTEXT with the rest of Scripture, then it is clear that you are wrong. But since we are not allowed to do that.......then you will always be right.