John 6 and the bread from heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful

You are being tempted to enter a web and then to defend that web…

Scripture teaches to open your ears, Listen, and then VERIFY, TEST, see what you Hear is Scripturally True.

That is NOT interpreting !

It not a Secret, men speak, men hear, men hear things that make them wonder.

Again, verify, test, see if it is Scripturally True.

That is NOT interpreting !

Individual men DECIDE what APPLIES to them….by, through, of WHAT they DO BELIEVE, and Scripture Verifies WHAT APPLIES to them.

That is NOT interpretation !

Interpretation IS NOT the knowledge of scripture…
Interpretation IS the MEANING of the Knowledge.

Many things that had been KEPT SECRET for centuries WAS Revealed by Jesus’ teaching.
That is NEW Knowledge.

Whatever Scripture does NOT reveal the MEANING of the Knowledge…
Then the MEANING (the UNDERSTANDING) of the Knowledge….REMAINS SECRET.

Jesus Offered to mankind…Mankind’s OWN freewill Choice to Believe IN Him (or not, as they could freely choose.)

Jesus Offered to mankind…A WAY for mankind…to CONFESS their True Belief IN Him.

Jesus ALSO Offered to ANY MAN….who:
Freely chose to Believe IN Him…
AND
Freely chose to Confess true Belief IN Him…
AN EXPRESS GIFT…of Communication to ASK HIM HIS interpretation of His own Word.

Not a big Secret…Communication from a man to Christ Jesus, IS by, through, of Prayer, OF the mans “BORN AGAIN” spirit, TO the Spirit of God.

A (Born Again) man reading the KNOWLEDGE of the Word of God….and Wondering the Meaning/Understanding of that KNOWLEDGE ….
Has no need, cause, to ask other men, trust other men, believe other men, make up his own interpretation…….
But rather….to simply ASK the Lord God Himself….AND WAIT for His response.

The response may be immediate, may be hours, days, weeks, months later….out of the blue that becomes your own ah ha moment.

I read, I wonder, I ask all the time. I keep a mental record of WHAT I ask….and WHEN I receive the ANSWER, I go back to the Scriptures that puzzled me, re-read, and APPLY the Lords interpretation He gives me, TO His own Word.

You are trying to be backed into an “irrelevant” corner…. Of course you hear other men speaking….of course you wonder…of course you can verify the knowledge…of course you can agree or disagree……that is not interpreting….that is hearing…and discussing…and agreeing with knowledge or not.

The Knowledge is either there in scripture or it isn’t.
And Many passages IN Scripture do apply to you….by what YOU believe and do.
And Many passages IN Scripture do Not apply to you…by what YOU believe and do.

I am not a follower of MEN, nor have I a requirement to Believe IN MEN.

Other people ARE expressly taught and told to follow, believe in other MEN, and expressly taught WHAT Men to follow, to believe, to uphold as their Truth, and in some cases they are upheld in equal status as Christ Jesus Himself… Not my agreement.

Glory to God,
Taken
@Eternally Grateful I would like to apologize for the trolls that have already infiltrated our discussion. How quick they move.

It is even more embarrasing when it is a "staff member' of this website.....Truly disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good night to the peoples and let all that draws breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .
It dont matter what the time o day is , ITS always good to PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
joy: joy: joy: joy: :Happy:joy:joy:

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did the idea of the Eucharist originate?

Lot's of interpretations and traditions over the years. Some say one thing and another says something else.
Mostly though it's based on the Last Supper which is the same as the Jews Passover.
Mingling sweet and salt water together...
interesting

Reactions: Illuminator

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful I would like to apologize for the trolls that have already infiltrated our discussion. How quick they move.

It is even more embarrasing when it is a "staff member' of this website.....Truly disgusting.
I didn't realize this was a private conversation.
Is it all right if I just sit back and watch?

• Haha
Reactions: rwb and L.A.M.B.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see. John 6 is not that hard to understand at all. If you just break it down to its basic components.

Just like you should never believe that 2 + 2 = 5. You should never believe a vew that says you have to add things to the final result and you may not even then get what Jesus promised.
Oh that is all it is about in this thread

3^0 = 1

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't realize this was a private conversation.
Is it all right if I just sit back and watch?
Show me where I said it was a private conversation......

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good, so you don't mind if I contribute a few crumbs here and there?
Awesome.
I Love Bread
:D
Hugs
Show me where I said it was a private conversation......

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where the first 2 will be all the things Jesus named about this food.
Hey EG,

As long as that "first 2" includes ALL passages from Scripture instead of just passages from John 6, THEN and only then will 2+2=4.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this I will try to color code each digit so it is easier to see

two plus two equals X

vs 32 - 33 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
- Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.” And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Bread (he who comes from heaven) + He who comes to me and he who believes in me = You will never hunger and you will never thirst
The bread (manna) that the people of Israel ate (chewed on nawed on) was mere bread. It would sustain life for a day, and they had to keep making it over and over again.

They asked Him to give them this bread always. IN CONTEXT They were asking for real BREAD because they didn't understand what Jesus meant.

The bread He gives us (which he said is Him) is not mere bread and if we go to Him and believe in him, we shall never hunger and never thirst for anything else.

When you go to Him you believe what he says and you do what he says.

Jesus held up the bread at the Last Supper and said, "This is my body". Do you believe what he said EG?

At the Last Supper he said, "Do this in remembrance of me". Are you doing what He said EG?

So there is some CONTEXT to that passage.

Mary

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crumbs...

Trolls, Infiltrated, our (emphasis mine) discussion.

To get to the bread you have to start in Genesis chapter 1.

Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Adam and Eve chose not to listen to God's word in the garden. So from now on they would have to eat their own bread the hard way.

We take bread for granted today. We just go the store and buy it already made.
Or even if one bakes one's own, the flour is ground.
Consider how much work it takes to make one loaf of bread.
And flour don't just turn into bread, you need to mix it with something... like oil.

First you have to get the ground ready, remove the rocks and the clods, then you have to plow the field. Then you have to make the holes to plant the seeds in. (Wait) First you have to glean the seeds, dry them, and then plant them.
Now, you have to PRAY for rain to water them. And the Pray for the sun to shine to grow them, and Wait for the time of harvest.

Now I aint never been a farmer, but I think those are pretty much the basics.

Now you have to out and gather the grain, remove the hard seed covering, (thrash it) , brush away the chaff, and put the grain in a container. Then you have to crush it and grind it to turn it into flour.

Chew on that.

Well you can't without something to mix it with. So then we have the oil. First you need an olive grove. Then you need to gather the olives, then you need to press out the oil, then you need to run it through a seive to take out any impurities.

Then you can mix the flour and the oil and you get dough. This is unleavened so we won't worry about the leaven right now.
That gets added later.
And don't forget the salt.. that comes from the sweat of your face while your working it.

Now you have to build a place to make a fire. You need something to place the dough on/in before you can cook it.
You can make bread on a board, in a skillet, or in an oven. or even on a Rock.

But it needs to have something, some kind of foundation to cook on.

Or you can just go to the grocery store and pick out any kind of bread you like.
And let someone else do all the work.

This is not the manna that came from heaven. That was already prepared for the church in the wilderness.
That comes later.

Just adding some crumbs
Hugs

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

two plus two equals X

36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

Me (christ) + comes to me = never be cast out

40 And
this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Me (christ) + sees and believes = everlasting life and the promise he WILL raise them the last day
Yup, we must first believe that He is the Son of God and believe in him before we can have everlasting life and never be cast out. That message is repeated multiple times throughout Scripture.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

vs 53 - 58 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed,and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

Flesh and blood + eat and drink (literally gnaw and chew) = will live forever, promised to be raised on the last day, will live because of him (as long as Spirit (words of Christ) lives they will live
When I saw that I thought, YES, YES she finally got it...She finally realized that Jesus meant we must chew on Him just like real bread of which he equates himself too throughout John 6......but then you twisted Jesus LITERAL words into we "will live because of him (as long as Spirit (words of Christ) lives they will live! Amazing!!

The reason we KNOW that he was speaking literally is because SOME Jews walked away, and Jesus said it was a hard saying. They KNEW exactly what Jesus was saying. Those that stuck around until the Last Supper, they found out HOW they were to eat Him after he told them that they must eat him.

Now for a historical note that adds credence to what I have been teaching you: Did you know there are historical writings that accuse the 2nd century Christians of being cannibals? Why do you think that is EG?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crumbs...

Trolls, Infiltrated, our (emphasis mine) discussion.

To get to the bread you have to start in Genesis chapter 1.

Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Adam and Eve chose not to listen to God's word in the garden. So from now on they would have to eat their own bread the hard way.

We take bread for granted today. We just go the store and buy it already made.
Or even if one bakes one's own, the flour is ground.
Consider how much work it takes to make one loaf of bread.
And flour don't just turn into bread, you need to mix it with something... like oil.

First you have to get the ground ready, remove the rocks and the clods, then you have to plow the field. Then you have to make the holes to plant the seeds in. (Wait) First you have to glean the seeds, dry them, and then plant them.
Now, you have to PRAY for rain to water them. And the Pray for the sun to shine to grow them, and Wait for the time of harvest.

Now I aint never been a farmer, but I think those are pretty much the basics.

Now you have to out and gather the grain, remove the hard seed covering, (thrash it) , brush away the chaff, and put the grain in a container. Then you have to crush it and grind it to turn it into flour.

Chew on that.

Well you can't without something to mix it with. So then we have the oil. First you need an olive grove. Then you need to gather the olives, then you need to press out the oil, then you need to run it through a seive to take out any impurities.

Then you can mix the flour and the oil and you get dough. This is unleavened so we won't worry about the leaven right now.
That gets added later.
And don't forget the salt.. that comes from the sweat of your face while your working it.

Now you have to build a place to make a fire. You need something to place the dough on/in before you can cook it.
You can make bread on a board, in a skillet, or in an oven. or even on a Rock.

But it needs to have something, some kind of foundation to cook on.

Or you can just go to the grocery store and pick out any kind of bread you like.
And let someone else do all the work.

This is not the manna that came from heaven. That was already prepared for the church in the wilderness.
That comes later.

Just adding some crumbs
Hugs
I think someone is here just to sell pillows.......:woohoo!:

And I probably shouldn't click on your ziggy barista link....Don't want no spyware on my computer ;)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The interesting thing about that verse Mary, is not one bone in Jesus' body was broken. Not even a toe.
So what did Jesus mean by his "body" was broken for them?

Jhn 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Jhn 19:32
Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
Jhn 19:33
But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Jhn 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Jhn 19:35
And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
Jhn 19:36
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

It can't mean his physical body, because not one bone was broken.
Now maybe what Jesus IS talking about is covenants or testaments.
Because it is the Old covenant that was broken and it is the New Testament that was in his blood.

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

What is this New Testament or New Covenant that many will get to partake of?

It is the Gospel.
And we can ALL chew on that.

Hugs

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful I would like to apologize for the trolls that have already infiltrated our discussion.
Sorry I did not say this last night. I went to bed early Still fighting this pneumonia

Guys I would like to keep this thread from anti-catholic rhetoric, Anti-protestant-Rhetoric, Anti anything rhetoric I just want to discuss John 6 and what Jesus spoke of what he called for us to do and what we would Recieve when we did it..

let the word speak for itself.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The interesting thing about that verse Mary, is not one bone in Jesus' body was broken. Not even a toe.
So what did Jesus mean by his "body" was broken for them?

Jhn 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Jhn 19:32
Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
Jhn 19:33
But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Jhn 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Jhn 19:35
And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
Jhn 19:36
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

It can't mean his physical body, because not one bone was broken.
Now maybe what Jesus IS talking about is covenants or testaments.
Because it is the Old covenant that was broken and it is the New Testament that was in his blood.

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

What is this New Testament or New Covenant that many will get to partake of?

It is the Gospel.
And we can ALL chew on that.

Hugs
Internet Troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content