John Calvin and Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the Scriptures.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I do know the Scriptures.... Have you read these???

Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

1Jo 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Propitiation

1. The act of appeasing wrath and conciliating the favor of an offended person; the act of making propitious.

2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom 3. 1 John 2.

Joh 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw1670 all men to Myself."

Note: “draw 1670 “ in John 12:32 is assigned Strong’s number 1670

ἑλκύω / ἕλκω helkuō / helkō Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Definition: 1) to draw, drag off.

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Somehow??? These verses in context don't support your view???
Crazy how verses can pop up that you have never seen... You can bet Calvin... never saw them.... His eyes were blind to the truth...He simply could not see... Do you see what's being taught in these verses? No... you do not...

Paul

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, yet the Gospel goes out to some who do not believe. Why did it not make a difference for them if the Gospel itself is what makes the difference?

Unbelief.....

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know the Scriptures.... Have you read these???

Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

1Jo 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Propitiation

1. The act of appeasing wrath and conciliating the favor of an offended person; the act of making propitious.

2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom 3. 1 John 2.

Joh 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw1670 all men to Myself."

Note: “draw 1670 “ in John 12:32 is assigned Strong’s number 1670

ἑλκύω / ἕλκω helkuō / helkō Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Definition: 1) to draw, drag off.

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Somehow??? These verses in context don't support your view???
Crazy how verses can pop up that you have never seen... You can bet Calvin... never saw them.... His eyes were blind to the truth...He simply could not see... Do you see what's being taught in these verses? No... you do not...

Paul

Evangelical Universalist?

Calvinist hate Universalism. Calvinist forums ban the subject because they can't deal with the teaching. Universalism is the perfect "boil" in the skin of the Calvinist.....

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelief.....

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
So then if it the Gospel itself that makes the difference, as you claimed earlier, are you saying the Gospel is not powerful enough for everyone?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you didn't make that claim? Or no you aren't backtracking from that claim? Which is it? And I'm not resisting anything, trying to understand what you are saying.

Petty Calvinists.....

I'm not backtracking. That is YOUR false and senseless claim

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Petty Calvinists.....

I'm not backtracking. That is YOUR false and senseless claim
I didn't make a claim, I asked a question. Do you understand the difference?

That being said, you made the claim earlier that the Gospel is what made the difference. So why does it make a difference for some, but not others?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't make a claim, I asked a question. Do you understand the difference?

That being said, you made the claim earlier that the Gospel is what made the difference. So why does it make a difference for some, but not others?

I answered you and you rejected the answer. Don't act like I didn't answer you. I did.

Unbelief it what damns all those who reject the Gospel.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered you and you rejected the answer. Don't act like I didn't answer you. I did.

Unbelief it what damns all those who reject the Gospel.
Ok, great. NOW, why not answer my question?

Let me repeat it for you. Why is the Gospel able to change some, if it is what makes the difference, but not others?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't answer the question. What causes those that believe to believe? Is it the Gospel or is it something else? Because if it is the Gospel, why does it not cause EVERYONE to believe?

Yes it does answer your question. You just don't like the answer. You Calvinist always refuse to deal with the facts of any situation. You don't want to recognize the obvious because it defeats your false lies.

The Gospel presents the Truth to all men. Men either reject or accept that message. There is nothing difficult about understanding WHY some believe and some don't.

Unbelief covers many reasons why men refuse to believe.

Why do you claim you accepted it?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't answer the question. What causes those that believe to believe? Is it the Gospel or is it something else? Because if it is the Gospel, why does it not cause EVERYONE to believe?

this!!!!!!!

know what? I feel bad for the little guy, he needs some help. Let me help you out some PY. Where does faith come from, you or God??

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does answer your question. You just don't like the answer. You Calvinist always refuse to deal with the facts of any situation. You don't want to recognize the obvious because it defeats your false lies.

The Gospel presents the Truth to all men. Men either reject or accept that message. There is nothing difficult about understanding WHY some believe and some don't.

Unbelief covers many reasons why men refuse to believe.

Why do you claim your accepted it?
No it is you are the one refusing to accept the truth. Jesus said nobody can come to him unless granted by the Father. It is not the message of the Gospel that CAUSES someone to believe. It is God that causes someone to believe. The unbelieving are condemned already. Why? Because they were never going to believe. Why? Because God was never going to regenerate them to believe and rather pass over them to stay content in their sin.

Nobody accepts the truth on their own. That's what Romans says.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner