JOHN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In context, none of the scriptures say there won't be a sun and moon, only that the city will not need it, because God will be its source of light.

The City...Is temporarily divided from the rest of the World...Its occupants are divided and separated: immortals from mortals...
It's a Division and Separation of Estate and individuals...temporarily...
Not permanent...
The permanent Division, seperation, estate, land, occupants...will come later...
Absolute Separation of immortals on the Earth / and mortals and Evil spirits in hell.
And to note...the temporary Division / Separation...does NOT mean a barrier of Communication.
It is a barrier of status and estate.

Remembering: Earth IS "surface DRY Land"
Hell is Water and Fire...

Glory to God.
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning God created where He was and where He was not. Is this not a separation? How do you know this was not caused by the sin of the angels, separated from God, by sin? Cast from His presence, cast down to the ground, to earth.

God has Always been LIGHT.
He created "things".
Creating things, does not mean, CREATED LIGHT Things...it simply means Someting brought into existance.
Gods Creations have NO Light.
God Creations just exist...and Do nothing...Until God Shines, allows, puts, makes the CREATED thing have the Reflection of His Light.

Water was created.
Wet "land" was created in the Water.
The wet "land" was void, of life, dark.
Gods POWER moved over the waters, brought the "wet" land UP, and the "land" now Dry, He called Earth...and Gave it LIGHT, From His Reflection...
This Earth He Made to be surrounded by Water, seas around, water below, a firmament of Water Above...and MADE; the Earth filled Also with Minerals, Elements.
Then out of the existing dry land of minerals and elements He (for lack of terminology) scooped some dry land, with is minerals, elements, water and formed a thing, He called mankind.
He scattered seeds, for vegetation and food, to sustain this thing..created By Forming, out of dust, minerals, elements, water of the Earth, He called a earthly terrestrial man...and gave the CREATED Thing Life.
Life of its own...Blood....which WILL DIE, and all the water, minerals, elements of that form, will Return to the Earth, from whence it came Out of.
Life from God...soul.

Glory to God,
Taken.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it not say: and God said, let there be darkness? It just says, "and darkness was..."

You can't have "darkness was" before light was, because darkness is absence of light.

Gods "Creation" IS in darkness.
Gods "Making" IS His Light shining ON His created thing.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it wasn't because the Scripture doesn't say anything about it. And if it ain't in the Bible, then it ain't true.

Together, God with His CREATED AND MADE things... was in the beginning of angel's and mankind...
The Division...of Angels From God and mankind From God was EFFECTED...By Angel's AND mankind having FREEWILL.

Division for an Angel will always become a Final Separation.

Division for mankind may be Temporary or Conclude as a Permanent Separation.

Mankind Has per each individual, a set number of YEARS... of his own natural Blood LIFE, to Hear, learn, discover How to Become and How Not to Become...Permantntly Separated From God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the light of God have to do with it...
, when he could have easily just created the sun and moon and separated its light from shining on earth.

What God could have done is irrelevant.
Scripture notifies us What He DID DO and When and Why.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, you have put me in a fit of laughter!!

You have proved that the space walk was definitely a hoax! It never happened because it "ain't in the bible!" It ain't true!
Thank you for settling that once and for all. :D:p

The moon is approx 240,000 miles from earth.
Mans first mode of transportation was Walking, average, 1 mile per 20 min., lagging requiring more time, or stopping as distant increases.
With invention of running, riding animals, the wheel, boats, trains, autos, planes and rockets... timeframes for travel has enabled man to exceed distances once never imagined.

Earth to moon, in a rocket...approx. three days time.

Possibly? Likely.
In the Bible? ... sort of...knowledge shall be increased... Dan 12:4

A hoax? Men traveling to the moon?
Maybe...maybe not.

Getting that moon rover squeezed through a port hole slightly larger than a man, I find hokey.

I think many of the so called "photos" are created and enhanced pictorials out of men's minds, and never occurED anywhere near the moon, but "sold" to the World, as the real deal.

And the communication "from" the moon to "earth"... ha ha, I have issues trying to get wave communication from a cell tower 1/2 a mile away on a CLEAR Day!

Just my opinion,
Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article on grace from the Hebrew perspective is good

The meaning of Grace from a Hebrew perspective
By Jeff A. Benner

Most theologians will define "grace" as "unmerited favor." But we must be careful not to interject a theological bias into the text. So first we need to understand what the English word "grace" means outside of theology. The dictionary provides two basic definitions for grace.

1. Elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion or action.
  2. Mercy; clemency; pardon
Because the Hebrew language is vastly different from English, we need to examine the Hebrew meaning of this word to see if one or both English definitions are appropriate definitions for the Hebrew word translated as grace.

The Hebrew word translated as grace is חן (hhen, Strong's #2580) and is a two-letter parent root. In order to uncover the original meaning of this word it is important that we first examine each of the roots and words that are derived from this parent root.

From חן (hhen) comes the verbal root חנה (Hh.N.H, Strong's #2583), spelled exactly the same except with the addition of the letter ה (h) at the end. The following verse provides a good example of the meaning of this verb.

And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there. (KJV, Genesis 26:17)

This verb means "to pitch a tent" or "to camp." The noun derived from this verb is מחנה (mahhaneh, Strong's # 4264).

And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night. (KJV, Exodus 14:20)

When we think of a camp we think of tents scattered about in a general area, but the camps of the Ancient Hebrews was a little different as the picture below demonstrates.

tent.jpg

The tents were set up in a sort of circle and these tents serve as a "wall" separating the inside of the camp from the outside. At this point it would be helpful to examine the pictographic Hebrew script that was used to originally write the word חן (hhen). The first letter is the letter hhet, which was written as
heb-anc-sm-hhet.jpg
and is a picture of a wall and having the meaning of "separation" as the wall separates the inside from the outside. The second letter is the letter nun, which was written as
heb-anc-sm-nun.jpg
and is a picture of a sprouting seed having the meaning of "continue" as the seed continues a lineage to the next generation. When these two letters are combined they mean "the wall that continues." The tents in the picture above are a wall that continues around the camp.

A second verbal root derived from the parent root חן (hhen) is חנן (Hh.N.N, Strong's #2603), spelled exactly the same except with the addition of the letter ן (n) at the end. This verb is often translated as "to be gracious" or "have mercy," however these are abstract terms and do not help us understand the meaning of this verb from an Hebraic perspective, which always relates words to something concrete. One of the best tools to use to find the more concrete meaning of a word is to look at how that word is paralleled with other words in poetical passages. In the following verses the translation of the verb חנן (Hh.N.N) will be underlined and the word that it is paralleled with will be in bold.

Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. (KJV, Psalm 6:2)

Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. (KJV, Psalm 30:10)

But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. (KJV, Psalm 41:10)

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. (KJV, Psalm 57:1)

O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid. (KJV, Psalm 86:16)

Through this process we find that this Hebrew verb is paralleled with such ideas as healing, help, being lifted up, finding refuge, strength and salvation (literally rescue). From a concrete Hebraic perspective, חנן (Hh.N.N) means all of this, which we can sum up with "providing protection." Where does one run to for protection? The camp, and now we see how חנה (Hh.N.H), the camp, and חנן (Hh.N.N), protection, are related. Now we need to see how these words are related to the parent root חן (hhen).

A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it... (KJV, Proverbs 17:8)

In this verse, the Hebrew word חן (hhen) is translated as "precious," something of beauty and value.

A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches. (KJV, Proverbs 11:16)

In this verse the "grace," or "beauty," of the woman is contrasted with the strength of a man.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. (KJV, Proverbs 31:30

Again, this Hebrew word is being paralleled with "beauty." This "beauty" is something that is precious and graceful, which is exactly how the Hebrews would have seen the "camp of protection," a graceful and precious place."

Let us now return to our original definition of the English word "grace."

1. Elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion or action.
  2. Mercy; clemency; pardon
While these definitions do apply to the Hebrew word חן (hhen), they do not completely convey the full emotion and spectrum of the Hebrew word. This is the problem with translating Hebrew into English. The English vocabulary is limited in how it can express the full meaning of a given Hebrew word.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it makes me understand how grace can "be deceitful." Its if grace causes us too lose fear of God...I think...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's not a circle...lol.

Right now I'm trying to ascertain why one website has an extra letter in between ayin and pey, called ghah...
I'm in great confusion, haha.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right now I'm trying to ascertain why one website has an extra letter in between ayin and pey, called ghah...
Most likely what Ballam saw from the mountains of Moab, maybe after he had a conversation with his ass.

I think you’ll find this interesting if you have a few minutes?

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don’t know, doesn’t imply there is no sun, just says no need?
If the glory of God provides all the light we need, wouldn't that make the sun obsolete? The Bible doesn't tell us whether there will be night and day there, or in our glorified bodies we have any need to sleep. I think we don't need to know about those things yet.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the glory of God provides all the light we need, wouldn't that make the sun obsolete? The Bible doesn't tell us whether there will be night and day there, or in our glorified bodies we have any need to sleep. I think we don't need to know about those things yet.
Sure it does I posted the relevant scripture earlier.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heavens/earth, stars..... it’s all for the witness and testimony of Jesus. The volume of the book. My opinion is it’s all connected to His client nation Israel.

Good job on your study, God always rewards the diligent.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is also interesting. It could sort of read as...and the light He called, everlasting and the night He called, adversity.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sun provides light upon the Earth necessary for Mortal beings and Plants (food) to be sustained and reproduce.

Gods Kingdom shall be inhabited by Immortals. Their sustaining Light, shall be the Tree of Life, who is the LIFE of God, who is Christ Jesus, who is Light....and no reproducing there forward.
IOW...no sun, but with the Son.

God Bless,
Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word cornerstone is interesting too! I think it's: nun, vav, yod, tav.

This would be:
Son, heir
Nail
Hand, work
Sign, mark

The last letter is stupendous. I see it in total as...a sign, a...covenant. (Sort of...)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an interesting one! The word for life, the letters mean sort of...eat the word in your house/tent.

It fits in seamlessly with what Jesus, (who is the Word as John says), has said - eat my flesh. And I am the life.

Jer 15:16
When I discovered your words, I devoured them.

It ties into Deuteronomy 19:21, but in an amazing way that is difficult to put into words. A life must be given for a life. If a life is taken (with ill will) a life must be given for the life that was taken. But when Jesus fulfilled this law, it was...sheer genius. Its like...a life was taken (all of ours) and He said, I have come to fulfill the law. I give a life (My life) for the life that was taken. Its sheer genius...!
Death swallowed up in life.

And the law in that passage also deals with Satan. There is no sanctuary you can flee to if it wasn't an accident. If the life was taken with intent and malice, there is no sanctuary you can run to to save your own life, but you will be chased down and dragged out of the sanctuary and brought before God and judged, as the law says.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh. This one is wonderful. First of all, I had confusion between these letters because they are the ones that look so similar to me. Secondly, it also fits seamlessly with what Jesus said about Himself.

דָּבָר

The hebrew letters for the word "word" are dalet, beit, resh
Door, path(way)
In, into
Head, first

The Word is the door to the...first (I am the first...)
It fits with Jesus saying He is the door, way to the Father.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Nancy