John

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
John 3:55Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Is this saying that water baptism is required? Thats what it sounds like but I don't think that is what it means... John 3:1313No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. What about Elijah?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50578)
John 3:55Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Is this saying that water baptism is required? Thats what it sounds like but I don't think that is what it means... John 3:1313No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. What about Elijah?
On John 3:13 Christ said that before He died on a cross.On John 3:5 When Christ said that... Let me ask you a question? Are you born physically at all? Once you answer that, the answer to the next is easier...

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(thesuperjag;50582)
On John 3:13 Christ said that before He died on a cross. On John 3:5 When Christ said that... Let me ask you a question? Are you born physically at all? Once you answer that, the answer to the next is easier...
Sorry, I am sure you answered the question I just don't understand. ...yes, whats the next question?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50584)
(thesuperjag;50582)
On John 3:13 Christ said that before He died on a cross.On John 3:5 When Christ said that... Let me ask you a question? Are you born physically at all? Once you answer that, the answer to the next is easier...
Sorry, I am sure you answered the question I just don't understand....yes, whats the next question?There is no next question really. What I'm trying to say is, We can't be born again (having God's nature in us, by repenting to Christ) without being born physically (we are humans / flesh)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50588)
So baptism by water isn't something you have to do. We are baptized in the spirit already. Correct?
Correct, you can still do water baptism (it was a human baptism) because Christ set an example...but the Spirit of the Holy Ghost is the only baptism that we need...Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism,Water baptism (Christ coming out of the water) is a symbolic for us to come out of our mother's womb.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
John 3:6 answers the question. Born of the flesh is flesh-water. Spirit is Spirit-spiritual birth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50593)
Thats what I thought but the verse through me off there for a sec.
I'm glad to help my dear brother followerofChrist... Just to be safe, I rather have you find another witness for what I say. It's not safe (Trust me on that) to listen to just a single person at all when dealing with scriptures.Matthew 18:16 - But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.II Corinthians 13:1 - This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.(setfree;50596)
John 3:6 answers the question. Born of the flesh is flesh-water. Spirit is Spirit-spiritual birth.
Correct setfree.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50601)
well thats two...where's Kriss? We need a number 3 just to be safe.
Witness #3 - (Please click on the orange box inside Kriss's quote to double check.)(kriss;25932)
This is not talking about water baptism water saves no one Born of water is to be born of flesh through woman and the Bag of water Baptism is required but it is baptim of the heart by the holy spirit We are saved by grace and grace alone the water Jesus was dipped in had nothing to do with the Holy spirt The holy spirit descented on him in the likness of a Dove the Water was just symbolic of the washing away the old way and bringing in the new way which is Jesus ChristThe theif on the cross wasn't baptisted yet Jesus said he would see him in heaven why was this ???? because he believed upon Christ repented for his sin and was thus baptised by the Holy spirit Water is not required it does nothing it is only symbolic that you are washing away your old ways and now accept the new the living waters of Jesus Christ You can do this on a battle field in your bathtub in your car driving down the road.Accept Christ as your savior repent of your sin and you are baptised in the holy spirit of Christ. NO WATER REQUIRED

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;50605)
Wow thanks for looking that up Jag
No problem dear followerofchrist. I would do just about anything to serve God and to help my brothers and sisters in Christ to grow in Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi guys
smile.gif
Yes follower to be born of water means to be born in the flesh everysingle baby born is born from a bag of Water without a bag of water the embryo will die.We are appointed once to die and therefore once to be born of Water. Baptism is of the spirit its why even if you are on a battelfield and with your last breath accept the lord and repent you are saved. In a spiritual sense It also represents the living water of Christ Hope that explains it.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
John 2:9-10They did so, 9and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now." Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the best wine in those times wasn't alchoholic. If so, then how did they get drunk ('have too much to drink') of the best wine before the cheap (alchoholic) wine was brought out?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
John 2:9 "When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was (but the servants which drew the water knew) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,"Did you get that, "the water that was made wine", and in the Greek "onios" meant "fermented wine". The governor knew that they were out of wine, but he did not know where this batch of wine came from. Though only the servants knew what happened, no one else at the feast knew.So in a symbolic picture of the future the wedding that will be, Christ is the bridegroom, the supplier of the wine for that wedding feast that will take place very shortly. And the governor of that wedding at the marriage supper of the Lamb will be the Heavenly Father, Himself.John 2:10 "And saith unto him, "Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."For the sake of simplicity, lets first understand what is actually written here. The wine that was set forth by Christ in His first miracle far exceeds the wine that was considered the good wine brought out at the start of the wedding feast. Just that you understand that this isn't grape juice, the word in the Greek used for "well drunk" is "methuo", # 3184 in Strong's Greek dictionary, and it means "to drink to intoxication, to get drunk". In other words, you put the good stuff out until all the people get a little glow on, then you bring the bad stuff out when they simply can't tell the difference. The only analogy we can use here, is the fact that what ever Christ does, it is done to perfection and for the good of them that love the living God.The forming of the wine is a natural process using the certain substance of grape juice. What this miracle shows us is that Jesus Christ not only controls the processes of nature in forming the wine, but the very elements itself. By changing one substance [water] into another [grape juice], then taking the grape juice to the final stage of the pure wine. Jesus took this natural process, and from it preformed this miracle.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(followerofchrist;50578)
followerofchrist, Everyone must get baptized. Remember we are to follow Jesus' footsteps closely, 1Pet 2:21. The Bible even says this is what is saving you, baptism, 1Pet 3:21. Mny people misunderstand what is said about Elijah. Elijah did not go to heaven when wew was taken up in the chariot of fire, he went heavenward, up into the air, or heavens around the earth, 2Kings 2:11, the same area as is mentioned at Gen 1:6-8. God called the expanse between the water on earth and the water in the clouds, heavens. Elijah did not go to heaven then, in fact Elijah did not die at that time. A letter was received by King Jehoram,from Elijah, about 12 years later, 2Chron 21:12. Jesus was in heaven for billions of years. It is pretty sure that Jesus knows what he is talking about.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Vine's Expository dictionary makes the following good point concerning:-"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."The word translated "and" is kai in the greeek which means "namely", "even" or "that is to say".This can be seen by looking at other verses where the woed is used:-Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. (Matt.21:5)Did Jesus straddle an ass and it's foal at the same time?Of course not, he sat on a young ass.of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. (Joh:1:16)Does Christ's fulness not incluse grace, so we have to receive that in addition?Of course not!to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:3)Was Paul writing to 2 distinct groups in Ephesus?Those who are saints and thoise who are faithful?Of course not.So, in John 3:5 Jesus is likening the Spirit to water (as he does elsewhere). There are not 2 new births, we are not born again of whater when we get baptised and born again again when we receive the Spirit.There are 2 states of being, you are born natural, without the Spirit of God within, when you receive His Spirit you become spiritual, a new creature.Joh:3:6: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.v8 further clarifies:-The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.This is clearly referring to the speaking in tongues that was heard with every one when they received the Spirit in Acts - Acts 2:4, 33, 39; 10:44-46.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(TallMan;52644)
Vine's Expository dictionary makes the following good point concerning:-"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."The word translated "and" is kai in the greeek which means "namely", "even" or "that is to say".This can be seen by looking at other verses where the woed is used:-Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. (Matt.21:5)Did Jesus straddle an ass and it's foal at the same time?Of course not, he sat on a young ass.of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. (Joh:1:16)Does Christ's fulness not incluse grace, so we have to receive that in addition?Of course not!to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:3)Was Paul writing to 2 distinct groups in Ephesus?Those who are saints and thoise who are faithful?Of course not.So, in John 3:5 Jesus is likening the Spirit to water (as he does elsewhere). There are not 2 new births, we are not born again of whater when we get baptised and born again again when we receive the Spirit.There are 2 states of being, you are born natural, without the Spirit of God within, when you receive His Spirit you become spiritual, a new creature.Joh:3:6: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.v8 further clarifies:-The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.This is clearly referring to the speaking in tongues that was heard with every one when they received the Spirit in Acts - Acts 2:4, 33, 39; 10:44-46.
A denomiational interptation of scripture by one who believes there is more than one baptism not what the Word says sorry Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,There is only one baptism and that is belief and repoentance water is symbolic of the living Waters of Jesus Christ once one has accepted the Lord and repented in his name you are a partaker of this living water.