The Paraclete appeared on the Pentecost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first Pentecost was a special event.

John prophesied in Matthew 3:

11 I baptize you with water for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
Before Jesus died, he promised his disciples in John 16:

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate [Paraclete] will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
When?

The 50th day (the seventh Sunday) from resurrection Sunday. God sent the Paraclete on the Pentecost.

After the resurrection, Acts 1:

4 while staying with them he [Jesus] ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father,
i.e., the Paraclete

which, he said, “you heard from me; 5for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Jesus confirmed John's prophecy.

Acts 2:

1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
I interpret that as dwelled

and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The Holy Spirit branches out tongues of fire to dwell in us. The 1st Pentecost marked the public introduction of the Paraclete. It officially inaugurated the Christian church. It was a unique day in the history of days.

See also Initial parties to receive the Paraclete/Spirit

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG and Rich R

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1st Pentecost marked the introduction of the Paraclete. It officially inaugurated the Christian church. It was a unique day in the history of days.
Inaccurate.

The "Paraclete" as Jesus said: "Ye KNOW Him, for he's been WITH you, and shall be IN YOU (John 14:17). THAT happened at John 20:22, the effects of which are recorded in Luke 24:45 - Their Understanding was OPENED, since they were now Born Again.

Pentecost (Acts 2:4) is the Holy Spirit ON the disciples, who already had the Holy Spirit IN them (which made them Christians, just like us).

Reactions: TonyChanYT

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John prophesied in Matthew 3:

Before Jesus died, he promised his disciples in John 16:

When?

The 50th day (the seventh Sunday) from resurrection Sunday. God sent the Paraclete on the Pentecost.

After the resurrection, Acts 1:

i.e., the Paraclete

Jesus confirmed John's prophecy.

Acts 2:

The 1st Pentecost marked the introduction of the Paraclete. It officially inaugurated the Christian church. It was a unique day in the history of days.

There was many differences to looking into those history of those days, such as the Apostles whom were trained by the Lord Jesus Christ, and they were with him, that chosen them. Also did miracles such as praying and healing others in the name of Jesus, along with raising some up from the dead, and casting out demons. Those things do not happen anymore, and it seems that now today, it's the heart that is healed by Yahavah, and his Spirit, and fellowshiping with His Son abiding in the vine, under the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not actually the first Pentecost.

1. Pentecost was the second of the three great Jewish feasts, celebrated at Jerusalem yearly, the seventh week after the Passover, in grateful recognition of the completed harvest.
It was rather, the first Pentecost occurring after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit branches out tongues of fire to dwell in us. The 1st Pentecost marked the public introduction of the Paraclete. It officially inaugurated the Christian church. It was a unique day in the history of days.
"The 1st Pentecost marked the public introduction of the Paraclete," is a false statement!!

How are you going to reconcile the above statement with
Psalms 51:10-12 which reads:
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me [with thy] free spirit.

As you can see the Paraclete was NOT 1st introduced at Pentecost.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this, Pentecost is going to be very important, because God is going to remove the Holy Spirit.
God will allow Deception/ Tribulation never ever seen on this world. Peace and prosperity that would be a tribulation (We never seen).
Kill them spiritually with kindness and money
All the signs and wonders are pointing to that, including the eclipse.
I believe that will set up the antichrist to come and yes, I'm talking this year.
So that would make this Pentecost one of the most important ever.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that would make this Pentecost one of the most important ever.
Indeed it would make Pentecost very important. BECAUSE Pentecost was the beginning that God began to evangelize the world, as 3000 souls were saved that day. The Paraclete will be here until Jesus comes.

To God Be The Glory

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed it would make Pentecost very important. BECAUSE Pentecost was the beginning that God began to evangelize the world, as 3000 souls were saved that day. The Paraclete will be here until Jesus comes.

To God Be The Glory

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of us is gonna be right in one of us is gonna be wrong. I can live with it.
I cannot imagine when the (abomination of desolation ) the antichrist
is in Jerusalem, playing Jesus
SO when he’s here the Holy Spirit will NOT be here also. Yes, the two witnesses will be here but not the Holy Spirit.
The Bible says He will remove the Holy Spirit and let those that are delusional become more delusional.
Anyway, that’s my take

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO when he’s here the Holy Spirit will NOT be here also. Yes, the two witnesses will be here but not the Holy Spirit.
The Bible says He will remove the Holy Spirit and let those that are delusional become more delusional.
Anyway, that’s my take
Might I suggest reading 2 Thessalonians Chapter 2?

Question: Who do you think the two witnesses are?

To God Be The Glory

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the two witnesses are Isaiah and Moses in person. That is not far-fetched, because they will have supernatural powers quite similar to the antichrist.

The chosen elect from the foundation of the Earth, are going to team up with the two witnesses, and stand up against the antichrist.

Everybody is going to hate the two witnesses and the elect, for they will be declaring. The one sitting in Jerusalem is Satan and not Jesus.

When the people are getting all their goodies from Satan, they don’t want them taken away from them so they will spit and hate the elect

Overtime the two witnesses will do so much damage to Satan, the antichrist that he will have to kill the two witnesses Even though God told him you cannot touch hair on their heads or the elect, and he does it anyway

It will be at this time. The people will be calling for the head of the two witnesses, and will actually party when they’re dead in the street.

3 1/2 days later Jesus will come so when people say you cannot know when Jesus is coming I will disagree. I don’t know the exact time but I have a clue once the two witnesses are killed. We have 3 1/2 days.

And God bless you

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, that’s my take
I meant Moses and Elijah