"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accuse persons of serious behavior.
How about finding and posting one of those DISHONEST posts I made.
It would be nice.
You and I don’t converse as much as we used to.

However - we had some extremely heated discussions in the past where you spewed all sorts of lies and falsehoods – and I exposed you for them.

You have lied about hat the Catholic Church teaches and believes. It would take some digging – but there were MANY instances.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all simply lying, dishonest and angry if we do not agree with him. (Oh yeah, and I am Satan.)
Disagreeing is fine
Lying is cowardly - and stupid because you WILL be exposed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. It also turns people off to Catholicism --- even those that might be interested in it or interested in becoming Catholic.
Here’s a PERFECT example of your LIES.

You responded to Brakelight’s idiotic and dishonest diatribe against Catholics with a hearty “I AGREE”.

Being a “good” Catholic has NOTHING to do with having holy water in your home or going to midnight Mass or praying the Rosary.
A good Catholic is one who is faithful to Christ and does the Father’s will.

You list MY behavior as acceptable for a Christian – yet you completely ignore the fact that ALL of my posts are reactions to anti-Catholic nonsense. Remember - lying isn’t just in the things you say – but in the things you PURPOSELY leave out or agree with.

I have never started a thread here because there is so much MORE work to be done here in exposing the LIES - like yours, Brakelight’s and every other uneducated anti-Catholic with an ax to grind . . .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OT scriptures = symbols of NT spiritual realities. Jesus said his kingdom is spiritual, then present as he preached it, and only the born again can see it.
When Jesus said that, He had been rejected by Israel as their King-Messiah, therefore the Kingdom of God was visible only to God.

But you have been presented with Scriptures pertaining to His second coming, when His Kingdom will be a real, literal, visible, and tangible Kingdom on earth. And you continue to persist in your erroneous understanding of the difference between the first and second comings of Christ.

Of course it is hard to be rid of false indoctrination, but since you have a Bible, you have no excuse.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here’s a PERFECT example of your LIES.

You responded to Brakelight’s idiotic and dishonest diatribe against Catholics with a hearty “I AGREE”.

Being a “good” Catholic has NOTHING to do with having holy water in your home or going to midnight Mass or praying the Rosary.
A good Catholic is one who is faithful to Christ and does the Father’s will.

You list MY behavior as acceptable for a Christian – yet you completely ignore the fact that ALL of my posts are reactions to anti-Catholic nonsense. Remember - lying isn’t just in the things you say – but in the things you PURPOSELY leave out or agree with.

I have never started a thread here because there is so much MORE work to be done here in exposing the LIES - like yours, Brakelight’s and every other uneducated anti-Catholic with an ax to grind . . .
1. You don't think your behavior turns people off to Catholicism?

2. A good catholic is one who is faithful to Christ and does the Father's will?
I agree. Go tell that to catholics who don't believe this. I was with a bunch of catholics in a bible study about two years ago who believed their GOOD WORKS will get them saved. The teacher read Galatians 2:16 to them because they couldn't agree with me that it's their FAITH.

3. Your reaction is to others' posts? Since when do two wrongs make a right?
Jesus said it's easy to love those who are your friends....He said to be loving to your enemies.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
D

Dave L

When Jesus said that, He had been rejected by Israel as their King-Messiah, therefore the Kingdom of God was visible only to God.

But you have been presented with Scriptures pertaining to His second coming, when His Kingdom will be a real, literal, visible, and tangible Kingdom on earth. And you continue to persist in your erroneous understanding of the difference between the first and second comings of Christ.

Of course it is hard to be rid of false indoctrination, but since you have a Bible, you have no excuse.
The kingdom will be finalized in the New Heavens and Earth forever. Not some putrid physical kingdom of sin and death for a measly 1000 years.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You and I don’t converse as much as we used to.

However - we had some extremely heated discussions in the past where you spewed all sorts of lies and falsehoods – and I exposed you for them.

You have lied about hat the Catholic Church teaches and believes. It would take some digging – but there were MANY instances.
That's because when I first got here I was horrified at your behavior and tried to write to you about it in the hope that it would change so you could be a good example of a Catholic. No luck.

I don't remember any HEATED discussions with you. I don't usually involve myself in heated discussions...not even with my husband, certainly not with you.

And I don't lie about what the what the catholic church teaches.
You might not agree, but it's not a lie.
Maybe YOU'RE lying???

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The kingdom will be finalized in the New Heavens and Earth forever. Not some putrid physical kingdom of sin and death for a measly 1000 years.
This statement reflects your ignorance about the matter. The Millennium is a PRELUDE to the eternal Kingdom of God on earth under Christ. But since the Millennium is also under Christ, it is far from "putrid".

The fact is that you have a very superficial knowledge about Bible prophecy but rather than get down to some serious study, you continue to bestow your pearls of *wisdom* to mislead others.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You don't think your behavior turns people off to Catholicism?

2. A good catholic is one who is faithful to Christ and does the Father's will?
I agree. Go tell that to catholics who don't believe this. I was with a bunch of catholics in a bible study about two years ago who believed their GOOD WORKS will get them saved. The teacher read Galatians 2:16 to them because they couldn't agree with me that it's their FAITH.

3. Your reaction is to others' posts? Since when do two wrongs make a right?
Jesus said it's easy to love those who are your friends....He said to be loving to your enemies.
I’m NOT here to make life “easy” for you anti-Catholics. I’m here to make it difficult for you.

I’m here to expose your lies in front of everybody.

People come here seeking the truth from ALL sides - and they have a right to hear the truth without the clutter of all of the lies and misrepresentations that are regurgitated around here on a daily basis.

The pathetic thing is that there is SO MUCH work to be done here . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I’m NOT here to make life “easy” for you anti-Catholics. I’m here to make it difficult for you.

I’m here to expose your lies in front of everybody.

People come here seeking the truth from ALL sides - and they have a right to hear the truth without the clutter of all of the lies and misrepresentations that are regurgitated around here on a daily basis.

The pathetic thing is that there is SO MUCH work to be done here . . .
Then proceed Christian soldier.
Do a good work for Jesus,,,,however you may think that work needs to be done.
I'm not too sure He's happy about it though.

Our christianly attitude and behavior is much more important than what doctrine we believe.

Always preach the gospel,
And only when necessary, use words.
(St. Francis)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then proceed Christian soldier.
Do a good work for Jesus,,,,however you may think that work needs to be done.
I'm not too sure He's happy about it though.

Our christianly attitude and behavior is much more important than what doctrine we believe.

Always preach the gospel,
And only when necessary, use words.
(St. Francis)
Yet, you're CERTAIN that He approves of all of the LYING and misrepresenting you all do??

That's a laugh . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ummmmm, I enlarged it and made it bold and RED.
You listed "faith" as a definition of "believe" - and that is wrong . . .
Hey BoL,
I didn't invent the meaning of the word BELIEVE. Some Greek people did many years ago....

I was NOT comparing the word believe with the word faith.
Faith is a noun
Believe is a verb
How could they be equated?

In OUR modern day language we might, but I was talking about the greek meaning of believe.

I don't see any highlights or red. BTW, this is another very bad habit of yours. I hope you're aware that this is very childish.

I'm posting a link that will show that Believe has in it the idea of faith in the Greek...as I said, I did NOT make up the meaning.

I posted the link instead of pasting the part suited to here because it's an interesting read...it show how NOT having obedience means there is no faith.
Something many on these threads deny.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because when I first got here I was horrified at your behavior and tried to write to you about it in the hope that it would change so you could be a good example of a Catholic. No luck.
Nahh - you were "horrified" that you could no longer engage in openly LYING about the Cathilic Church without getting busted by me.

Try being honest . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Nahh - you were "horrified" that you could no longer engage in openly LYING about the Cathilic Church without getting busted by me.

Try being honest . . .
I'm always honest BoL.
And I seriously ask you to stop calling me a liar, or post where I lied.

DON'T ACCUSE ME OF WHAT I DON'T DO.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey BoL,
I didn't invent the meaning of the word BELIEVE. Some Greek people did many years ago....

I was NOT comparing the word believe with the word faith.
Faith is a noun
Believe is a verb
How could they be equated?

In OUR modern day language we might, but I was talking about the greek meaning of believe.

I don't see any highlights or red. BTW, this is another very bad habit of yours. I hope you're aware that this is very childish.

I'm posting a link that will show that Believe has in it the idea of faith in the Greek...as I said, I did NOT make up the meaning.

I posted the link instead of pasting the part suited to here because it's an interesting read...it show how NOT having obedience means there is no faith.
Something many on these threads deny.
Time for a grammar lesson . . .

Whereas “believe” is a verb – “BELIEF” is a noun. NEITHER of these words can be equated with Biblical FAITH. As I stated before – James makes it adamantly clear that these two things are NOT the same.

He even goes so far as to say that if you think they are – then you’re NO better off than the demons . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm always honest BoL.
And I seriously ask you to stop calling me a liar, or post where I lied.

DON'T ACCUSE ME OF WHAT I DON'T DO.
I have NEVER called you a "Liar" - so stop lying.