"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Catholicism the Pope is the head of the church. Scriptures say Jesus is the Head of the church. Sooooo for the last 1400 years by usurping the authority of Christ the Popes have done precisely that...denied Jesus, and the Father.
Since you have already been given the truth about what the CC teaches on this matter you post can only be considered a lie.

B

brakelite

You really think that allowing, even encouraging this kind of reaction and response from his millions of subjects, the king of Vatican city isn't denying them the true Christ? He isn't presenting himself, or some other doll/statue/image as their/your saviour? Is not your church actively encouraging your members to get their blessings from dead folk and relics and images representing those dead folk rather than from the true Head of the church, Jesus? Does not your church teach that it is better to pray to Mary than Jesus because she is closer to Him and talk Him round and convince Him to love you easier than approaching Jesus directly? The Pope himself as you can see below, even mimics God Himself seated on a great white throne with four living creatures and two cherubim around about. Such vain idolatry is not a denial of Christ and the Father? doll-adored.jpg mary_worship.jpg pope-john-paul-mary.jpg Francis-Jan25-2014sm.jpg I know these ideas are true, and many more that replace Christ with a human object, sometimes dead, sometimes living, but in essence truly Antichrist in every respect...denying the Father and Son.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Catholicism the Pope is the head of the church. Scriptures say Jesus is the Head of the church. Sooooo for the last 1400 years by usurping the authority of Christ the Popes have done precisely that...denied Jesus, and the Father.
WRONG - my ignorant, anti-Catholic, Ellen G. White disciple.
CHRIST is the Head of the Church - as we read from the OFFICIAL position in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
CCC 782

This People has for its Head Jesus the Christ (the anointed, the Messiah). Because the same anointing, the Holy Spirit, flows from the head into the body, this is "the messianic people."

CCC 789
Three aspects of the Church as the Body of Christ are to be more specifically noted: the unity of all her members with each other as a result of their union with Christ; Christ as head of the Body; and the Church as bride of Christ.

"Christ is the Head of this Body"
792 Christ "is the head of the body, the Church."225 He is the principle of creation and redemption. Raised to the Father's glory, "in everything he [is] preeminent,"226 especially in the Church, through whom he extends his reign over all things.

As for the Pope - here are the EIGHT official titles associated with him:

- Bishop of Rome
- Vicar of Jesus Christ
- Successor of the Prince of the Apostles
- Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church
- Primate of Italy
- Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province
- Sovereign of the State of Vatican City
- Servant of the Servants of God

Not ONE of them says that he is the "Head" of the Church.
Did you get your mythical information from your false prophetess and founder Ellen G. White??

B

brakelite

WRONG - my ignorant, anti-Catholic, Ellen G. White disciple.
CHRIST is the Head of the Church - as we read from the OFFICIAL position in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
CCC 782

This People has for its Head Jesus the Christ (the anointed, the Messiah). Because the same anointing, the Holy Spirit, flows from the head into the body, this is "the messianic people."

CCC 789
Three aspects of the Church as the Body of Christ are to be more specifically noted: the unity of all her members with each other as a result of their union with Christ; Christ as head of the Body; and the Church as bride of Christ.

"Christ is the Head of this Body"
792 Christ "is the head of the body, the Church."225 He is the principle of creation and redemption. Raised to the Father's glory, "in everything he [is] preeminent,"226 especially in the Church, through whom he extends his reign over all things.

As for the Pope - here are the EIGHT official titles associated with him:

- Bishop of Rome
- Vicar of Jesus Christ
- Successor of the Prince of the Apostles
- Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church
- Primate of Italy
- Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province
- Sovereign of the State of Vatican City
- Servant of the Servants of God

Not ONE of them says that he is the "Head" of the Church.
Did you get your mythical information from your false prophetess and founder Ellen G. White??
One of Catholicism's favourite dogmas is that which claims the priests have power to forgive, or not forgive, and their choice is then accepted by God. Which places the priest as head of the church, and not God. You are giving your priests authority that only belongs to God...you are placing your priests above Him. The same goes for the dogma that teaches the Pope has the keys to the kingdom. The concept that no-one goes to heaven, or hell, without the Pope's say so. I could give you several quotes from "infallible" historical articles confirming this. That makes the Pope the head of the church. It relegates Christ to, I was going to say second place, but that would be a mistake. There's Mary, Joseph, and an ascending line of saints and mystics who all hold far greater authority and honour in your church than Christ ever did.

B

brakelite

Take another look at those pictures in #782 above @BreadOfLife ...how can you justify that kind of idolatrous devotion? And you claim Christ is your head? Those people are not praying to, offering worship to, giving any honour to, any Christ , apart from Antichrist.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of Catholicism's favourite dogmas is that which claims the priests have power to forgive, or not forgive, and their choice is then accepted by God. Which places the priest as head of the church, and not God. You are giving your priests authority that only belongs to God...you are placing your priests above Him. The same goes for the dogma that teaches the Pope has the keys to the kingdom. The concept that no-one goes to heaven, or hell, without the Pope's say so. I could give you several quotes from "infallible" historical articles confirming this. That makes the Pope the head of the church. It relegates Christ to, I was going to say second place, but that would be a mistake. There's Mary, Joseph, and an ascending line of saints and mystics who all hold far greater authority and honour in your church than Christ ever did.
Spoken like a typically dishonest and angry SDA.

A cult that was started by false prophets William Miller & Ellen G. White - yet you have the audacity to point fingers and ANYBODY else?? All it takes is ONE failed prophec to make a false prophet - and your cult's leaders have them in SPADES.

The Catholic Church doesn't put ANYBODY above Christ. But, since YOU say we do - I openly challenge you to show me the official doctrine that teaches this. I want the official numbered paragraph from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

If you can't produce this - then just admit you LIED and be done with it.

B

brakelite

Pictures are worth a thousand words. @BreadOfLife What is this above if not one sitting in the temple of God proclaiming himself that he is god? Seated on a great white throne between two cherubim with four living creatures around about. I don't have to produce one word of any of your writings when all I have to do is observe. This is as Antichrist as any system could possibly get.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pictures are worth a thousand words. @BreadOfLife What is this above if not one sitting in the temple of God proclaiming himself that he is god? Seated on a great white throne between two cherubim with four living creatures around about. I don't have to produce one word of any of your writings when all I have to do is observe. This is as Antichrist as any system could possibly get.
And this is yet another STUPID observation.
For starters - it is an incomplete picture because there are MORE bishops who fall outside of the frame.

Secondly - the two in the back are not even Bishops but altar servers.

Finally - unless there are only four and they are a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle and covered with eyes (Rev. 4:6-8) - your idiotic point is moot.

So much for your "Four living creatures" nonsense . . .

B

brakelite

And this is yet another STUPID observation.
For starters - it is an incomplete picture because there are MORE bishops who fall outside of the frame.

Secondly - the two in the back are not even Bishops but altar servers.

Finally - unless there are only four and they are a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle and covered with eyes (Rev. 4:6-8) - your idiotic point is moot.

So much for your "Four living creatures" nonsense . . .
Seriously? That is your justification for counterfeiting God's throne room? It doesn't count because it's incomplete? It isn't precise? I never claimed that the deceptions of Rome weren't subtle. And I am sure there are more to be seen if the camera panned around. Standing on a sea of glass perhaps? No, they're actually all inside the serpent and the Pope is speaking from the serpents mouth right? I know that building. Satan's love for counterfeiting knows no bounds...here we even see his own throne-room---a copy of the true.
Yes, God does have His people in the CC, despite their current location...Re 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth...
Revel.18:1 ¶ And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

BoL, if you count yourself as a child of God, a Christian who fully accepts Christ as Hs Saviour and believes truth and righteousness and His kingdom to be of most precious value, then you will leave your church and trust in Him and Him only for your salvation and your future. Your church can offer you nothing, and when you stand before the real throne of God to account for your life, your church will not be standing there beside you to hold your hand or to defend you...you will be on your own.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? That is your justification for counterfeiting God's throne room? It doesn't count because it's incomplete? It isn't precise? I never claimed that the deceptions of Rome weren't subtle. And I am sure there are more to be seen if the camera panned around. Standing on a sea of glass perhaps? No, they're actually all inside the serpent and the Pope is speaking from the serpents mouth right? I know that building. Satan's love for counterfeiting knows no bounds...here we even see his own throne-room---a copy of the true.
Yes, God does have His people in the CC, despite their current location...Re 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth...
Revel.18:1 ¶ And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

BoL, if you count yourself as a child of God, a Christian who fully accepts Christ as Hs Saviour and believes truth and righteousness and His kingdom to be of most precious value, then you will leave your church and trust in Him and Him only for your salvation and your future. Your church can offer you nothing, and when you stand before the real throne of God to account for your life, your church will not be standing there beside you to hold your hand or to defend you...you will be on your own.
No - it's not a "justification" of anything.
It's an exposing of yet another angry little anti-Catholic's moronic rubbish.

It could have been a picture of the Pope taking a nap - and YOU would have painted a picture of something FAR more "sinister" because that's what you do. That's what SDA is ALL about - attacking the Catholic Church with impunity.

Never mind the dark cultish roots of your own bizarre sect filled with false prophets and unbiblical theology like "Soul Sleep".
How many times did William Miller falsely predict the return of Christ??
How many false prophecies did Ellen G. White have to make before YOU consider her to be a false prophet, hmmm??

UNBELIEVABLE hypocrisy . . .

B

brakelite

Never mind the dark cultish roots of your own bizarre sect filled with false prophets....brrrr, sounds really evil, what wickedness do they teach that is leading the world into the torments of hell? What sinister iniquity is this cult foisting upon a gullible world? What occultic superstitions and magic are these wicked perpetrators of the profane deceiving the world with...

unbiblical theology like "Soul Sleep".
Oh. Soul sleep? Really?? Such an organisation with "dark cultic roots"...a "sect filled with false prophets"...and the worst you can come up with is "soul sleep"??
And because we believe as Jesus did, that the dead are but "asleep", for want of a better word, we are hypocrites because we call your leaders out on child sexual abuse, and imitating God on His throne? BTW, just loved your Pope's latest pronouncement from the Vatican that those who criticise the church for sexual abuse are doing the devil's work. And you call us hypocrites?????

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. Soul sleep? Really?? Such an organisation with "dark cultic roots"...a "sect filled with false prophets"...and the worst you can come up with is "soul sleep"??
And because we believe as Jesus did, that the dead are but "asleep", for want of a better word, we are hypocrites because we call your leaders out on child sexual abuse, and imitating God on His throne? BTW, just loved your Pope's latest pronouncement from the Vatican that those who criticise the church for sexual abuse are doing the devil's work. And you call us hypocrites?????
Ummmmm, that's NOT what the Pope said, my dishonest, Catholic-hating SDA cultist friend.
First of all - he was talking about CATHOLICS when he said the following:
“One must point out the defects in order to correct them, but when one reports the defects, denounces them, one must love the Church. Without love, it’s the devil at work.”

In other words, Einstein - TRUE reform comes from within - and fro healing, not further division like the Protestant Revolt of the 16th century.

That aside - the "dark cultic roots" of your bizarre sect come from all of the false prophecies - as well as your aberrant teachings. I didn't say that "Soul Sleep" was the darkest point - just another bizarre, anti-Biblical teaching of men.