Judas dipping his bread into Jesus' bowl

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like when Jesus baked to let this cope pass from me if it were possible, he knew it means the things he would have to go threw and the bowl is likewise but after he broke the bread. Breaking the bread is breaking the understanding.
It means Judus wanted to be as Jesus and worshiped after the breaking of the bread or wanted to be as Christ. He is the anti Christ.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Like when Jesus baked to let this cope pass from me if it were possible, he knew it means the things he would have to go threw and the bowl is likewise but after he broke the bread. Breaking the bread is breaking the understanding.
It means Judus wanted to be as Jesus and worshiped after the breaking of the bread or wanted to be as Christ. He is the anti Christ.
If you read the passage correctly you will see that it was Jesus who dipped the piece of bread gave it to Judas. So your comment is based on a misreading of Scripture.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you read the passage correctly you will see that it was Jesus who dipped the piece of bread gave it to Judas. So your comment is based on a misreading of Scripture.
Okay. Let's see what the verse actually says:
John 13:26:
Jesus answered, "It is the one to whom I give this piece of bread after I have dipped it." Then He dipped the piece of bread and gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot."

How can you read into the verse where it clearly says that Jesus dipped the piece of bread and gave it to Judas, that it was Judas that dipped the bread himself? Are you saying that John, who was an eyewitness and you were not, got it wrong? :rolleyes:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Mathew 26and 23. And he that dipeth his hand in the bowl with me, it is he that will betray me.
John was closer to the action than Matthew, so he would have seen what actually happened. Luke's meticulous research would have included an interview with John, so the John and Luke versions are more reliable. Matthew's version would have come from a more general perception of what happened. Matthew was correct in the general sense, but John and Luke were more correct in the specific sense of what happened.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just don't get it Paul. I'm trying to tell you that at the last supper it was not a feast of food as we know it. All are welcome at Jesus' table and the food and drink are teachings. Jesus was explaining to them what he was doing and the dish, bowl,cup are what he had to go threw. The bread he was speaking of was the understanding while the teachings were as water turned to wine or the joy of the teachings. Spiritual teachings are the blood of the new testament. This is what took place and Judas ate no more than modules. He had very little understanding as like a dog or beast. Judas was there for what he could get out of it for himself. Trying to get part of Jesus' glory.
It was written in different ways but means the same thing and they were all there at that meal, at the Lord's table but chose to write it in their own parables that mean the same if you understood it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You just don't get it Paul. I'm trying to tell you that at the last supper it was not a feast of food as we know it. All are welcome at Jesus' table and the food and drink are teachings. Jesus was explaining to them what he was doing and the dish, bowl,cup are what he had to go threw. The bread he was speaking of was the understanding while the teachings were as water turned to wine or the joy of the teachings. Spiritual teachings are the blood of the new testament. This is what took place and Judas ate no more than modules. He had very little understanding as like a dog or beast. Judas was there for what he could get out of it for himself. Trying to get part of Jesus' glory.
It was written in different ways but means the same thing and they were all there at that meal, at the Lord's table but chose to write it in their own parables that mean the same if you understood it.
I think this is reading into the Scripture things that are not there. It is a bad habit of some to over-spiritualise what is essentially just narrative. The supper in the upper room was a shared evening meal. Nothing more. There was bread, wine, and other food there. Don't believe the art works depicting the supper. They are over-religious and have no connection with reality. While Jesus was saying all the things He was saying, they were all having a good feed. When Judas left the room, the others thought they were running out of food, and he was sent to buy more.

At one stage during the meal, Jesus lifts up his cup of wine and says that this stands for His shed blood of the New Testament. Then He breaks a bit of bread off the round load and says that this is His body which is broken for them. Then they finish their meal, sing a song, and then go their way to the garden of Gethsemone.

When people get so heavenly minded and no earthly use, they read stuff into Scriptural narratives that aren't there, and they fantasize what they image what is happening rather than just accepting the text as it is.

In the early church, they didn't hand around a little cup of wine and a small square of bread - this comes out of the formalised Roman Catholic church that formed much later. As part of their meetings, early church believers had a fellowship meal in remembrance of Jesus' death until He comes again. It was the later church that turned something natural and meaningful into a dry, formalised ritual.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think I read too much into the scriptures. tell me now, do you think Jesus couldn't wait to eat some bread with the disciple
When Jesus went to Mathews's house he said all are welcome to eat at my table. Well word it as you may, he went there to teach about the kingdom. The bread he gave his disciples was the bread of understanding and he didn't have a sheep barbecue. He knew Judas was still hungry and you can understand people hunger for God and Judas was still not understanding, not satisfied and wanting.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You think I read too much into the scriptures. tell me now, do you think Jesus couldn't wait to eat some bread with the disciple
When Jesus went to Mathews's house he said all are welcome to eat at my table. Well word it as you may, he went there to teach about the kingdom. The bread he gave his disciples was the bread of understanding and he didn't have a sheep barbecue. He knew Judas was still hungry and you can understand people hunger for God and Judas was still not understanding, not satisfied and wanting.
A few actual Scripture quotes wouldn't go amiss here, then it won't appear that you are rewriting the book of Matthew to suit your personal opinion.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have to see this Paul. Judas dipping his bread in with Jesus or thew disciples eating the bread Jesus feed them. If these are literal terms, what miraculous teaching is it? Does it not tell you more now, can't you see what it means. Everything in the bible has two meanings. One an earthly meaning and then the heavenly meaning.
its all parables.