*Just a chatting place *

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just found this thread. I'm finding it so hard to find anything on this site.

ME TOO !

I did not see this ! Wonder if I will find it again when I come back ?
Hope so.
How is every one doing today ?????

I am ok,,,, just old and want to go home........... Wanted to go home the time
I got saved........ at the age of 50's....... Lost all those years in religion !

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ME TOO !

Hope so.

I got saved........ at the age of 50's....... Lost all those years in religion !
Have you clicked on the 'watch thread' at the top of the page? But even though I do that I seem to be unable to find things again. I start new threads but they seem to get lost in all the other controversial stuff that's on here.

It's never too late to get saved. It was over forty years ago now for me, and like you I had been 'religious' and gone to church. But wow, what a difference a day makes; from darkness to light.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ME TOO !

Hope so.

Hello Marlene

Glad that you finally did find this place.

The thing is- "Our times are in His Hand"
As He didn't see fit to take you out of here after your hubby died, then He has you here for a REASON!!

Are all your grandkids saved. I know they are raised in Christian Home School but even that doesn't always guarantee that they have their own real relationship with the Lord!

Do you get time to spend one-to-one with each them in turn?

Susannah Wesley , wife of John Wesley , had 22 kids.
Yet she made sure she spent 10mins per day one-to-one with each child DAILY. She was a remarkable lady. And so are you. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Helen,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have 2 sons, and they have both preached at church.
One lives in Wis. and has no children, so he is able to preach more.
But the son I am living with is busy, working a lot since he has so many
mouths to feed........
We are all saved, our daughter also........ and the family's...

I do talk to the grand children a little, but what do I have to talk about ?
Since I go no were..... they are all growing and need to use all the cars. NOW !
And we are way out of the city........ so I would get lost going any place.
Only shopping for grocery's or going to church.... [I gave up driving when we moved here}
I would get lost !

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

mouths to feed........

Since I go no were..... they are all growing and need to use all the cars. NOW !
Only shopping for grocery's or going to church.... [I gave up driving when we moved here}
I would get lost !
How wonderful for you that you whole family is saved. Whos was first, you or them? I am still praying for my three and their partners and seven grandkids and their partners - those that have them. I have discovered that your boundaries seem to shrink as you get older but we should all carry on being happy with what we can do rather than bemoaning what we can't.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mouths to feed........

I would get lost !
Talk to them about your early years. That history is yours and if you don't tell them how it is was, likely they will never know or understand!

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Talk to them about your early years. That history is yours and if you don't tell them how it is was, likely they will never know or understand!
Yes I wish I knew more about my parents and grandparents. I made a family history online and printed it off for them. You could perhaps try that too. My 11 and 14 year old grandkids like to here stories from our past when they visit. Sometimes they can't believe the things we got up to or the way we lived back then. I think yours would be interested too. I wished I'd asked more when I had the chance, and I wish my lot asked more too. But that's the way of things, we never really get to know our parents as people just mum and dad.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I wish I knew more about my parents and grandparents. I made a family history online and printed it off for them. You could perhaps try that too. My 11 and 14 year old grandkids like to here stories from our past when they visit. Sometimes they can't believe the things we got up to or the way we lived back then. I think yours would be interested too. I wished I'd asked more when I had the chance, and I wish my lot asked more too. But that's the way of things, we never really get to know our parents as people just mum and dad.
I have done this beginning many years ago to write an autobiography on the computer. Included in it or attached in related writings are the stories I have recalled from older family members as they were told to me. I wish that I had taken more interest when I was younger. By the time I started really writing most of the people who told me things of their own histories were already gone... no longer available to ask questions in order to obtain more details. Nonetheless what I have written is lengthy and I continue to expand it periodically. I often attach to it some of the things I have read on this and other forums over the years.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have done this beginning many years ago to write an autobiography on the computer. Included in it or attached in related writings are the stories I have recalled from older family members as they were told to me. I wish that I had taken more interest when I was younger. By the time I started really writing most of the people who told me things of their own histories were already gone... no longer available to ask questions in order to obtain more details. Nonetheless what I have written is lengthy and I continue to expand it periodically. I often attach to it some of the things I have read on this and other forums over the years.

That is a wonderful thing you are doing, documenting your history. One of my younger brothers did the ancestry.com thing and came up with all kinds of stuff. I no longer have any aunts or uncles left on either my mom or dads side. My parents dies fairly young and close together. I cannot tell you how many questions I never asked
:(

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh ! I should have said this in the post........

At that time we all got saved !

My parents and brother and sister were gone at that time and so were my
husbands........ "family" So we do not know if they got saved.
We were brought up in the C.Church and confession was supposed to take away
the sins.......But none of us really felt that.... Till we got bibles and went to a
bible church.....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I wish I knew more about my parents and grandparents. I made a family history online and printed it off for them. You could perhaps try that too. My 11 and 14 year old grandkids like to here stories from our past when they visit. Sometimes they can't believe the things we got up to or the way we lived back then.
I think the war years made a lot of difference in some ways; in wartime things sometimes happened in personal relations which wouldn't have happened previously in peacetime.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Scriptures make all the difference to one's outlook, don't they?
And it makes all the difference when you have a good bible teaching pastor to guide you through the scriptures. I've been blessed in that both churches I have been a member of have had good bible based teaching so I know I have a good foundation. I pray that my three kids and seven grandkids could know the grace of God as I do. And their partners too.

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the war years made a lot of difference in some ways; in wartime things sometimes happened in personal relations which wouldn't have happened previously in peacetime.
I don't think it was the war farouk, I think it more that people of my generation were discouraged from asking questions. I was 21 when I discovered that both my parents had had another child by a previous partner and that they had been together for 13 years before they married when I was on the way. And the woman I'd thought was my auntie was in fact my sister. I don't think that many families keep secrets like that these days.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think it was the war farouk, I think it more that people of my generation were discouraged from asking questions. I was 21 when I discovered that both my parents had had another child by a previous partner and that they had been together for 13 years before they married when I was on the way. And the woman I'd thought was my auntie was in fact my sister. I don't think that many families keep secrets like that these days.
Maybe this was post-war in your family's case, then.

These days birth control methods are more effective and more widely used. (Or not used, as the case may be.)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures make all the difference to one's outlook, don't they?

Yes for sure..... All we had was a rosary and prayer book....

And in my day "time" The mass was in Latin,,, and the priest talked in Polish
and of course I did not know either ..... as most of my class.....

And we got married in that church, so it was a long time before we got saved.....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes for sure..... All we had was a rosary and prayer book....

And in my day "time" The mass was in Latin,,, and the priest talked in Polish
and of course I did not know either ..... as most of my class.....

And we got married in that church, so it was a long time before we got saved.....
What church do you belong to now farouk?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a wonderful thing you are doing, documenting your history. One of my younger brothers did the ancestry.com thing and came up with all kinds of stuff. I no longer have any aunts or uncles left on either my mom or dads side. My parents dies fairly young and close together. I cannot tell you how many questions I never asked
:(
Right now I cannot say that any one of my current children or grandchildren will be interested enough to take the time to read it all. It can be hard to predict what a young person will do later on... Right now they're all too busy to be bothered. I guess I was as well at their ages.

Twice I used the free programs from the Mormon Church to organize the genealogy information I had collected and twice without warning they discontinued the program and I lost a lot organization. Fortunately the second time I had printed out a copy of much of it. When I take the time to get back to it I will make sure that my computer holds the stuff with no dependency on a program controlled by someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl