*Just a chatting place *

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right now I cannot say that any one of my current children or grandchildren will be interested enough to take the time to read it all. It can be hard to predict what a young person will do later on... Right now they're all too busy to be bothered. I guess I was as well at their ages.

Twice I used the free programs from the Mormon Church to organize the genealogy information I had collected and twice without warning they discontinued the program and I lost a lot organization. Fortunately the second time I had printed out a copy of much of it. When I take the time to get back to it I will make sure that my computer holds the stuff with no dependency on a program controlled by someone else.

Yes, a back up copy on your computer is a very good idea, lol. Oh, I am your children and grandchildren will one day be pouring over those pages in rapt attention! I couldn't wait to get my hands on any and all info about my parents. Unfortunately, my father thought it a waste of money to take pictures so, we have very little from when myself and the sibs were young. But, I was able to aquire copies of a few from Aunts and Uncles. Another thing I learned is that my favorite uncle was the first in my City to sign up for the draft in WWII, I even have his picture from the paper! Ah, the memories!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a back up copy on your computer is a very good idea, lol. Oh, I am your children and grandchildren will one day be pouring over those pages in rapt attention! I couldn't wait to get my hands on any and all info about my parents. Unfortunately, my father thought it a waste of money to take pictures so, we have very little from when myself and the sibs were young. But, I was able to aquire copies of a few from Aunts and Uncles. Another thing I learned is that my favorite uncle was the first in my City to sign up for the draft in WWII, I even have his picture from the paper! Ah, the memories!
I have very few pictures of my father because people simply did not even own cameras or they very cautious about taking lot of pictures and paying the price of developing and printing. Many of the pictures that were printed and I remember seeing in my father's house and in his mother's house have been lost. One of the ones I cherish of my father's is a hard copy printed black and white of the his army company during WWII. Who would have expected to have such a personal picture from so long ago. I have zoomed in on the picture of him within the larger picture. The quality of the professional original made it possible for my resulting picture of him to be good.

The oldest picture in my collection is one also of my father taken in September 1918 when he was 7 months old. I have an original print which I scanned into my computer:

Attachments

• Clarence Marion Hedrick on 9-15-1918 born on 2-3-1918 1a.pdf
    329.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have very few pictures of my father because people simply did not even own cameras or they very cautious about taking lot of pictures and paying the price of developing and printing. Many of the pictures that were printed and I remember seeing in my father's house and in his mother's house have been lost. One of the ones I cherish of my father's is a hard copy printed black and white of the his army company during WWII. Who would have expected to have such a personal picture from so long ago. I have zoomed in on the picture of him within the larger picture. The quality of the professional original made it possible for my resulting picture of him to be good. The oldest picture in my collection is one also of my father taken in September 1918 when he was 7 month old. I have an original print:

Wow....now that is so nice to have. I do have a few of my dad with his company in WWII as well. I would like to get them all together and put them up on my walls, along with my mom's Air Force flag. It is in it's own box. I miss them like crazy but, they were saved and I am quite content as to where they are ♥

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have very few pictures of my father because people simply did not even own cameras or they very cautious about taking lot of pictures and paying the price of developing and printing. Many of the pictures that were printed and I remember seeing in my father's house and in his mother's house have been lost. One of the ones I cherish of my father's is a hard copy printed black and white of the his army company during WWII. Who would have expected to have such a personal picture from so long ago. I have zoomed in on the picture of him within the larger picture. The quality of the professional original made it possible for my resulting picture of him to be good.

The oldest picture in my collection is one also of my father taken in September 1918 when he was 7 months old. I have an original print which I scanned into my computer:
How lovely to have that.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus