Just A Rant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the flipside of that being, sometimes when we're not the one in the muck and if someone is in way too deep, we're wasting our breath at the muck and we don't need to join them.

I've been in the muck and out of the muck, and now, I think when a person is in too deep, sometimes you have to step away and let God handle it.

It is important for us to let God be God and for Him to be the solution to a person's problems, by laying out the issues you perceive that are before that person to God. His solutions are far better than our reasoning.

This proverb a few verses before the one you quoted is well worth considering, for us to remember.

Proverbs 25:17: -
Seldom set foot in your neighbour's house,
Lest he become weary of you and hate you.​

where, "house" is a metaphor for your neighbour's business/life.

It is far better to allow your neighbour to read you like God's Bible just for him, and to desire the Joy that you have in the Lord.

A wise friend once told me that: -

It is far better to ask leading questions of another that will lead them to find their own solution,
than to tell the other person what your solution for them is.
People will always be grateful if you help them discover the solution(s) that are best for them,
but they will resist the solution(s) that you suggest and will hate you for them.
Our problem is that we are not "God" and people will rapidly discern just that, when we try to be god for them.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important for us to let God be God and for Him to be the solution to a person's problems, by laying out the issues you perceive that are before that person to God. His solutions are far better than our reasoning.

This proverb a few verses before the one you quoted is well worth considering, for us to remember.

Proverbs 25:17: -
Seldom set foot in your neighbour's house,
Lest he become weary of you and hate you.​

where, "house" is a metaphor for your neighbour's business/life.

It is far better to allow your neighbour to read you like God's Bible just for him, and to desire the Joy that you have in the Lord.

A wise friend once told me that: -

It is far better to ask leading questions of another that will lead them to find their own solution,
than to tell the other person what your solution for them is.
People will always be grateful if you help them discover the solution(s) that are best for them,
but they will resist the solution(s) that you suggest and will hate you for them.
Our problem is that we are not "God" and people will rapidly discern just that, when we try to be god for them.

Shalom
Love this @Jay Ross , so true!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading through this my first thought was "This sounds so much like something my mom would have said and she got a dog."

Then I realized you said dogs.

Lol...I have 2...Jack and Jill...they are siblings.
The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Yes, we live for Christ, and get disappointed with people we try to care for and be considerate, and helpful, many times in our lives. This is our lot in life. I share your thoughts in mine and your heart desires and some of the feelings you have in your words within me as I write this to you.

If we keep doing 'good' through Christ, to many strangers, as part of an occupation or just a lifestyle, expect rejection and even worse at times; including some of your adjectives and nouns you have written about them.

These people who are considered not strangers on the outside are really still strangers on the the inside. They may not be Christians, and most are not believers.

This is part of us taking up our cross daily, without it being a burden, as Christ, as he is in us, taking us places we do not know yet into the future. It's a journey, for the Father and his will, for his plan for us. Let's not forget this fact. We are loved by heaven, the angels, the Father and Son. We are bought with a price and we are now part of the family of God, of the Kingdom.

Try to surround yourself with more mature believers in your life and at work, if at all possible. It will help alleviate some of the heartfelt trauma and heartaches you currently feel now. Pray alone and together for guidance, longsuffering, patience and above all peace, joy and love in your heart as you treat down the hallways of you workplace to engage and care for people.

And now for the LIGHTER SIDE H2S...good ole boys sing about how people may see you.....and they forget they may even be stranger to you, and you should as a believer.

Bless you,

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Yes, we live for Christ, and get disappointed with people we try to care for and be considerate, and helpful, many times in our lives. This is our lot in life. I share your thoughts in mine and your heart desires and some of the feelings you have in your words within me as I write this to you.

If we keep doing 'good' through Christ, to many strangers, as part of an occupation or just a lifestyle, expect rejection and even worse at times; including some of your adjectives and nouns you have written about them.

These people who are considered not strangers on the outside are really still strangers on the the inside. They may not be Christians, and most are not believers.

This is part of us taking up our cross daily, without it being a burden, as Christ, as he is in us, taking us places we do not know yet into the future. It's a journey, for the Father and his will, for his plan for us. Let's not forget this fact. We are loved by heaven, the angels, the Father and Son. We are bought with a price and we are now part of the family of God, of the Kingdom.

Try to surround yourself with more mature believers in your life and at work, if at all possible. It will help alleviate some of the heartfelt trauma and heartaches you currently feel now. Pray alone and together for guidance, longsuffering, patience and above all peace, joy and love in your heart as you treat down the hallways of you workplace to engage and care for people.

And now for the LIGHTER SIDE H2S...good ole boys sing about how people may see you.....and they forget they may even be stranger to you, and you should as a believer.

Bless you,
This made me cry...you spoke truth with love and compassion...and understanding.
And your advice is well noted....reflecting back I realize that when we think we are strong enough to take on the world, Satan takes the opportunity you have given him to take all your strength away. It's got to be all Jesus working through me and not anything of myself.
Hugs

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This made me cry...you spoke truth with love and compassion...and understanding.
And your advice is well noted....reflecting back I realize that when we think we are strong enough to take on the world, Satan takes the opportunity you have given him to take all your strength away. It's got to be all Jesus working through me and not anything of myself.
Hugs
So true, he is there working on you H2S. Let him do his work in you, and be patient and be open to his guidance. Amen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PEOPLE!!!
Oh how hard it is, at times, to face a new day knowing you will be facing the same people you faced the day before...
The ungrateful...
The ever needy "rescue me" people
The two-face, stab you in the back people
The critical, angry, hurt and unforgiving people
The "I am your best friend" (until you fail them in some way unitentionally)
The Fake people...you know, the ones that are always smiling and claim to never have a care in the world...never being honest about how they feel.
The Judgmental people (and the list goes on and on).

{Some days I find myself, more increasingly, wanting to withdraw from society....PEOPLE to be blunt...and find a place of solitude where only myself, my dogs, and my Heavenly Father exist.
I envision so much peace and love that it fills the entire atmosphere around us and everything comes back to life and shines with such beauty that it is too awesome to describe in words.}

I ask myself why do I struggle so hard to understand people and to be understood by them as well....Is it just me provoking those around me to act or react to my ways of thinking, communicating, or believing? Do I fail to meet their expectations of me?
I spend most of my time serving those around me in their needs...without expecting anything in return..I like to serve others. But where do I find the balance between serving others and still take care of my own needs without upsetting someone? How can I be true to myself and try to become more like them? I can't, yet I find myself changing or correcting some of my ways that may be offensive to them...and after making those changes they find other things I need to change for them to be able to enjoy my presence in their life....and when I have made all these changes and am now acting, thinking, and talking just like them they begin to hate me even more....

My Conclusion in all this is they simply don't like themselves...who I was before changing was who they secretly wanted to be and couldnt.....

Moral of the story...be true to yourself and the only change you ever need to make is the change in your heart to be more like Jesus!
Amen
Hi @Heart2Soul In Mark 6.32 the Lord Jesus said:

"And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just watched that video...wow that is dated...lol. It made me laugh because I am strange and that is scriptural...
1 Corinthians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
²⁵ Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
²⁶ For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
²⁷ But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”
— 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just watched that video...wow that is dated...lol. It made me laugh because I am strange and that is scriptural...
1 Corinthians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
²⁵ Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
²⁶ For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
²⁷ But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”
— 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)
Good for you..you got it

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Johnny Cash has a good song, I saw the light. it's a true song !
I pointed this out to my Brother in law and he did not believe the point about, no sorrow in sight, as he claimed their was, i said No ! once Saved it's true ! one always has hope ! one is on another level when you are Saved !
Yes there is sorrow but not to the extent of depth of despair. people will not get on your goat so much, because you know were they are coming from, it's them who are poor and i feel sorry for them that they are lost !

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnny Cash has a good song, I saw the light. it's a true song !
I pointed this out to my Brother in law and he did not believe the point about, no sorrow in sight, as he claimed their was, i said No ! once Saved it's true ! one always has hope ! one is on another level when you are Saved !
Yes there is sorrow but not to the extent of depth of despair. people will not get on your goat so much, because you know were they are coming from, it's them who are poor and i feel sorry for them that they are lost !
Well said Reggie, we are blessed indeed. Those lost are usually very unsettled inside and try a person's patience and love they want to give them. Many are actually reaching out anyway they can...with rage, hate, and other strong emotions and acts. They are not at peace with God.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
{Some days I find myself, more increasingly, wanting to withdraw from society....PEOPLE to be blunt...and find a place of solitude where only myself, my dogs, and my Heavenly Father exist.
I live my life like this. At first it wasnt by choice. My life led me in a different direction from my high school friends. Then I lost the relationship with my family. Anybody that comes into my life doesnt stay. So i stick to myself and I am solitude. Im friendly to others, but nobody knows me like the Lord. I do get awfully lonely at times, especially for a woman but the Fact of the matter is, without baggage and strings I have developed an intimate relationship with the Spirit.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I live my life like this. At first it wasnt by choice. My life led me in a different direction from my high school friends. Then I lost the relationship with my family. Anybody that comes into my life doesnt stay. So i stick to myself and I am solitude. Im friendly to others, but nobody knows me like the Lord. I do get awfully lonely at times, especially for a woman but the Fact of the matter is, without baggage and strings I have developed an intimate relationship with the Spirit.
Psalm 46.10 says: "Be still, and know that I am God".....

Often this is done in the stillness of solitude. The Scriptures are so rich for meditation.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is awesome! That is what I want...what I used to have...and what I seek to regain...nothing, No one, and no place can bring a calming peace into my life like the presence of the Holy Spirit....and He knows me and understands me better than even I understand myself.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is awesome! That is what I want...what I used to have...and what I seek to regain...nothing, No one, and no place can bring a calming peace into my life like the presence of the Holy Spirit....and He knows me and understands me better than even I understand myself.
Hi @Heart2Soul I love how John records that the Lord Jesus said, of the Holy Spirit: "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16.14).

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well for me, I'm schizophrenic. Diagnosed. I get this mindset where i get "lost in the spirit" and lose touch with reality. I have to be careful of not doing that or else I become unstable in my earthly life. Being alone, I don't have a support system if I lose myself and get drunk with my thoughts.

He has always gotten me through. Its been scary, but time and time again an opputunity popped up for me that I didnt know what I would do without it to survive....Its like my life is forcefully guided to teach me lessons to empathize with others. I dont live my own life, I never had any choice in that.