Just A Rant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PEOPLE!!!
Oh how hard it is, at times, to face a new day knowing you will be facing the same people you faced the day before...
The ungrateful...
The ever needy "rescue me" people
The two-face, stab you in the back people
The critical, angry, hurt and unforgiving people
The "I am your best friend" (until you fail them in some way unitentionally)
The Fake people...you know, the ones that are always smiling and claim to never have a care in the world...never being honest about how they feel.
The Judgmental people (and the list goes on and on).

{Some days I find myself, more increasingly, wanting to withdraw from society....PEOPLE to be blunt...and find a place of solitude where only myself, my dogs, and my Heavenly Father exist.
I envision so much peace and love that it fills the entire atmosphere around us and everything comes back to life and shines with such beauty that it is too awesome to describe in words.}

I ask myself why do I struggle so hard to understand people and to be understood by them as well....Is it just me provoking those around me to act or react to my ways of thinking, communicating, or believing? Do I fail to meet their expectations of me?
I spend most of my time serving those around me in their needs...without expecting anything in return..I like to serve others. But where do I find the balance between serving others and still take care of my own needs without upsetting someone? How can I be true to myself and try to become more like them? I can't, yet I find myself changing or correcting some of my ways that may be offensive to them...and after making those changes they find other things I need to change for them to be able to enjoy my presence in their life....and when I have made all these changes and am now acting, thinking, and talking just like them they begin to hate me even more....

My Conclusion in all this is they simply don't like themselves...who I was before changing was who they secretly wanted to be and couldnt.....

Moral of the story...be true to yourself and the only change you ever need to make is the change in your heart to be more like Jesus!
Amen

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PEOPLE to be blunt...and find a place of solitude where only myself, my dogs, and my Heavenly Father exist.
Reading through this my first thought was "This sounds so much like something my mom would have said and she got a dog."

Then I realized you said dogs. :D

I'm working myself on learning a balance myself between serving with gladness, but still learning when to say no. I am learning to stop when I feel uncomfortable.

And sometimes rants are healing therapy, too.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can only relate in part heart2soul, no words of wisdom right now as it’s hard going putting one foot forward when it’s a work day.. …..expectations of a corporate world just don’t fit into reality of the work environment ( where I am ) thankfully, there is a slightly better balance from others who appreciate what I do. However getting management to listen is another story, so I get frustrated.
Your work environment is different ( presuming you still work at a hospital )
I hate the way that many abuse nurses and doctors in casualty departments and ambulances………attitudes really wrong, more so because unlike the US , they can come for treatment without worrying about paying for it……….I respect anyone working in that environment and am grateful.
I find it hard to remember who I am really serving in my work environment - the Lord, but I don’t know how to get past the attitudes of those in charge and the organisation…………
You speak up, which for me takes Dutch courage at times, they seem to listen, then nothing changes !!!!!
Sorry you are feeling the way you do right now xxxxxxxxxxxx
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading through this my first thought was "This sounds so much like something my mom would have said and she got a dog."

Then I realized you said dogs. :D

I'm working myself on learning a balance myself between serving with gladness, but still learning when to say no. I am learning to stop when I feel uncomfortable.

And sometimes rants are healing therapy, too.
Lol...I have 2...Jack and Jill...they are siblings.
I began setting boundaries just this week. I have to learn to discern if this person is God sent or a distraction/stumbling block sent by Satan.
And I realize that God doesn't expect us to go around "fixing" peoples problems ...so I am giving up that job. It drains you of every ounce of energy you have left
:confused:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only relate in part heart2soul, no words of wisdom right now as it’s hard going putting one foot forward when it’s a work day.. …..expectations of a corporate world just don’t fit into reality of the work environment ( where I am ) thankfully, there is a slightly better balance from others who appreciate what I do. However getting management to listen is another story, so I get frustrated.
Your work environment is different ( presuming you still work at a hospital )
I hate the way that many abuse nurses and doctors in casualty departments and ambulances………attitudes really wrong, more so because unlike the US , they can come for treatment without worrying about paying for it……….I respect anyone working in that environment and am grateful.
I find it hard to remember who I am really serving in my work environment - the Lord, but I don’t know how to get past the attitudes of those in charge and the organisation…………
You speak up, which for me takes Dutch courage at times, they seem to listen, then nothing changes !!!!!
Sorry you are feeling the way you do right now xxxxxxxxxxxx
Rita
I am retired...I injured myself a couple of years ago and can't walk more than a block without severe pain.
The people in my life now are ones I have met randomly at different times and places.
In the beginning I was full of joy and would share the gospel with all of them. I prayed and asked God to send people in my path who needed to be lifted up...
It was great until my accident...long story short I needed their help and not one of them had time for me. And more I continued to help them when asked the more I felt the change taking place....and today I caught myself reacting with anger instead of with prayer...ugh.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
{Some days I find myself, more increasingly, wanting to withdraw from society....PEOPLE to be blunt...and find a place of solitude where only myself, my dogs, and my Heavenly Father exist.

I've actually been setting this one up for awhile, but time will tell if it actually happens. But the whole post sounds familiar. I think what may be happening is that the Lord is drawing His people closer to Him these days. I shared with someone in private that receiving revelation and teaching from the Lord used to make me happy but that won't do it now; I sometimes enjoy video games, but that won't do it now; I enjoy having close friends spiritually, but I feel like that won't even do it now. I consider drifting to other forums, but then I take a look and realize it's not going to do it - that people are just not going to do it, period. It has to be God, and it will have to be on a deeper level than ever before in my life.

Johann posted a thread on loneliness recently, and I thought it applied well. I think that's a bit at the heart of it. We would rather find contentment in people, only it is just not going to happen, so the only thing that can fill the void is emptying ourselves ever-increasingly into the Lord.
The saint must walk alone

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've actually been setting this one up for awhile, but time will tell if it actually happens. But the whole post sounds familiar. I think what may be happening is that the Lord is drawing His people closer to Him these days. I shared with someone in private that receiving revelation and teaching from the Lord used to make me happy but that won't do it now; I sometimes enjoy video games, but that won't do it now; I enjoy having close friends spiritually, but I feel like that won't even do it now. I consider drifting to other forums, but then I take a look and realize it's not going to do it - that people are just not going to do it, period. It has to be God, and it will have to be on a deeper level than ever before in my life.

Johann posted a thread on loneliness recently, and I thought it applied well. I think that's a bit at the heart of it. We would rather find contentment in people, only it is just not going to happen, so the only thing that can fill the void is emptying ourselves ever-increasing into the Lord.
The saint must walk alone
That pretty much sums up what I have been feeling....just a time of solitude with God....sounds wonderful...resting in Him...yes it does sound wonderful.
Thanks brother...seems we are on the same path at the moment.
God Bless

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That pretty much sums up what I have been feeling....just a time of solitude with God....sounds wonderful...resting in Him...yes it does sound wonderful.
Thanks brother...seems we are on the same path at the moment.
God Bless

Isn't it strange? The natural tendency is keep turning to man, but it never seems to do the trick anymore. And even the things you have experienced closeness with God through are not enough.

It feels a bit like when you were a kid and you didn't want to go to school; like the road ahead is unfamiliar and you just wanna stay home, but mom says it's not happening, LoL. So maybe we have to just sit our butts down with some worship DVDs on, and get used to fellowshipping with God alone more. I know it will bring peace, the question is can it become more of a continual lifestyle. Like right now; here I am posting instead of praying, and probably will be again tomorrow. But at least in the daytime the sun is out, so it's easier to spend time just enjoying the day with God.

What to do in the middle of the night... post on a forum, or be completely bored out of my skull and miserable, Lol.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am retired...I injured myself a couple of years ago and can't walk more than a block without severe pain.
The people in my life now are ones I have met randomly at different times and places.
In the beginning I was full of joy and would share the gospel with all of them. I prayed and asked God to send people in my path who needed to be lifted up...
It was great until my accident...long story short I needed their help and not one of them had time for me. And more I continued to help them when asked the more I felt the change taking place....and today I caught myself reacting with anger instead of with prayer...ugh.
Oh so sorry heart2soul, I didn’t realise your situation. I went through this quite a few years ago, my needs were different but the feelings I was left with were the same. For me it was my church family, whenever I was in real need dealing with some difficult family situations and grief ……That’s why I left the church in the end, I would listen to the needs of others, support where I could but somehow my own needs for support were ignored. I questioned , I saw others receiving flowers and cards when they faced thing, but none ever arrived at my house. The situations I faced were big, like my sons suicide attempt ( one example ) or the night my husband got engaged before we had even discussed divorce…I was alone that night as I took my wedding ring off. I had shared with my connection group, at the next meeting no one even remembered.
It added to the pain I already felt. …..every time anything big happened the same lack of care was experienced.
In some weird way I don’t feel that way anymore. A wilderness experience made me realise that only the Lord truly knows and understand my needs. Obviously mine were emotional needs more than practical. I simply don’t trust people to meet those needs anymore. So, for me, those hurts , resentments and anger are dulled, oh the painful memories remain but are scars not wounds anymore.

Just out of interest is it the same people asking for your help ?
It may be that you have to learn to say ‘ no ‘ ……….discern and pray about who God wants you to help and who is merely taking your kindness for granted. Anger is not always wrong, and sometimes we feel it because it’s justified. It’s what we do with it that creates a problem.
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In some weird way I don’t feel that way anymore. A wilderness experience made me realise that only the Lord truly knows and understand my needs. Obviously mine were emotional needs more than practical. I simply don’t trust people to meet those needs anymore. So, for me, those hurts , resentments and anger are dulled, oh the painful memories remain but are scars not wounds anymore.

Congratulations on this, Rita, and thanks for sharing. I'm not there yet, but it's nice to know one can get there. Been awhile since I was anything resembling all that happy.

Guess I'll try to get some sleep now.
God bless, and thanks again for the post,
- H

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations on this, Rita, and thanks for sharing. I'm not there yet, but it's nice to know one can get there. Been awhile since I was anything resembling all that happy.

Guess I'll try to get some sleep now.
God bless, and thanks again for the post,
- H
I am on a different journey at the moment, just as frustrating. However actually being reminded of that past journey has been really helpful. So thank you @Hidden In Him and @Heart2Soul for your openness. Hope you both get a good nights sleep….it’s 8:00 in the morning here xxx

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...I have 2...Jack and Jill...they are siblings.
I began setting boundaries just this week. I have to learn to discern if this person is God sent or a distraction/stumbling block sent by Satan.
And I realize that God doesn't expect us to go around "fixing" peoples problems ...so I am giving up that job. It drains you of every ounce of energy you have left
:confused:

I completely relate. I've had to distance myself a lot from those situations in order to keep my own head clear. I couldn't handle carrying the extra weight.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I ran across this today. I never read it before. (I'll post below)

There are times where I was really struggling and the "joyful" thoughts kind of frustrated me. Sometimes we're not out of the muck yet and it doesn't feel like we're going to get out of the muck, and anyone trying to convince to try to be positive while in the muck, just stirs up the emotional muck a little bit more.

And the flipside of that being, sometimes when we're not the one in the muck and if someone is in way too deep, we're wasting our breath at the muck and we don't need to join them.

I've been in the muck and out of the muck, and now, I think when a person is in too deep, sometimes you have to step away and let God handle it.

ca362469f076d5cff81ba113c622864f.jpg

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I ran across this today. I never read it before. (I'll post below)

There are times where I was really struggling and the "joyful" thoughts kind of frustrated me. Sometimes we're not out of the muck yet and it doesn't feel like we're going to get out of the muck, and anyone trying to convince to try to be positive while in the muck, just stirs up the emotional muck a little bit more.

And the flipside of that being, sometimes when we're not the one in the muck and if someone is in way too deep, we're wasting our breath at the muck and we don't need to join them.

I've been in the muck and out of the muck, and now, I think when a person is in too deep, sometimes you have to step away and let God handle it.

ca362469f076d5cff81ba113c622864f.jpg
There is just too much muck going on in this world....lol...
Seriously, though, this is a very profound and truthful perspective of what the OP is saying...
Love the input...saving it to my downloads.
Lot of wisdom spoken as well and last night I asked the Holy Spirit to lead me to a scripture for today that addresses my issues and He said read a Psalm then go to Proverbs and so Proverbs is where I found many answers to my situation....
God is so good.
That last sentence hits the nail on the head...let go and let God!
Hugs sister!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is just too much muck going on in this world....lol...
Seriously, though, this is a very profound and truthful perspective of what the OP is saying...
Love the input...saving it to my downloads.
Lot of wisdom spoken as well and last night I asked the Holy Spirit to lead me to a scripture for today that addresses my issues and He said read a Psalm then go to Proverbs and so Proverbs is where I found many answers to my situation....
God is so good.
That last sentence hits the nail on the head...let go and let God!
Hugs sister!
I agree. That verse kind of hit me- in a good way.

Hugs to you, too! :D:D

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PEOPLE!!!
Oh how hard it is, at times, to face a new day knowing you will be facing the same people you faced the day before...
The ungrateful...
The ever needy "rescue me" people
The two-face, stab you in the back people
The critical, angry, hurt and unforgiving people
The "I am your best friend" (until you fail them in some way unitentionally)
The Fake people...you know, the ones that are always smiling and claim to never have a care in the world...never being honest about how they feel.
The Judgmental people (and the list goes on and on).

I envision so much peace and love that it fills the entire atmosphere around us and everything comes back to life and shines with such beauty that it is too awesome to describe in words.}

I ask myself why do I struggle so hard to understand people and to be understood by them as well....Is it just me provoking those around me to act or react to my ways of thinking, communicating, or believing? Do I fail to meet their expectations of me?
I spend most of my time serving those around me in their needs...without expecting anything in return..I like to serve others. But where do I find the balance between serving others and still take care of my own needs without upsetting someone? How can I be true to myself and try to become more like them? I can't, yet I find myself changing or correcting some of my ways that may be offensive to them...and after making those changes they find other things I need to change for them to be able to enjoy my presence in their life....and when I have made all these changes and am now acting, thinking, and talking just like them they begin to hate me even more....

My Conclusion in all this is they simply don't like themselves...who I was before changing was who they secretly wanted to be and couldnt.....

Moral of the story...be true to yourself and the only change you ever need to make is the change in your heart to be more like Jesus!
Amen
actually the moral of the story is be True to GOD and He shall change our desires to be more like Christ .
Simply embrace all things JESUS taught , the apostels taught .
People are people and that is how it will be to the end . Only God can change a soul and if they wont truly come to Him
they will not be changed .
No need to try and understand people at all . Just know that evil is present within the heart of men .
As i myself was full of evil too . We must simply focus on learning Christ
and pray to GOD for utterance to speak as we ought to and to do as we ought too .
Pointing folks to Christ and reminding those who already beleive to be hearers and doers of the word .
Also , and this will help , if we followed the true pattern in that bible
when one does offend , we take the problem to them FIRST . Dont let it boil and fester , take it to the one who did the error .
Now if they wont hear nor recieve the correction , your next step is get a couple of witnesses . Then if they wont hear
well its on them . With such we were never told to keep company . T RUTH is we should not keep company
if the offender refuses to hear the correction . The problem is the church has become so engrossed
in a one sided tale , that it wont correct squat and folks , that wont work .
I say , let us simply remember the HOPE we have in CHRIST and keep the pattern Christ and those apostels did teach .
I mean if folks would do that , they would find a whole lot more peace of mind and the church could also recieve correction .
How beautiful it can be , IF we keep the sayings of Christ and the apostels . IF not , well we reap what we sow .