Just curious....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace I accidentally swallowed a June bug when I was 4. I freaked out! It was creepy .... literally!! Lol
My mom just gave me lots of water till I didn't feel it's scratchy legs anymore. (ick!!)

I was saying something as I opened the screen door and the thing was on the screen ...and it did what June bugs do. Those things are the dumbest bugs ever!! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Taken and lilygrace

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace I accidentally swallowed a June bug when I was 4. I freaked out! It was creepy .... literally!! Lol
My mom just gave me lots of water till I didn't feel it's scratchy legs anymore. (ick!!)

I was saying something as I opened the screen door and the thing was on the screen ...and it did what June bugs do. Those things are the dumbest bugs ever!! Lol
lol i met people who said they used to put them on a string to play with them. weird.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken we used to climb a tree to get into a neighbor's attic. They knew about it ...lol.

We also used to climb a nearby fire tower when I was a kid. It was supposed to be condemned. (Argh!) They brought it down about 10 years after.

Reactions: Taken

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i fel like i remembr having croup as an infant unless i had it again when i was older.... but mom talks about it with people who have babies who are ill sometimes as if i only had it as an infant.
i was sick for two months from the polio v. a. x. and i dont know if i remember that.
this was my more serious post in this thread though. im still very uncertain of it though.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that could've been dangerous! lol
My kids used to climb up on top of our barn with blankets and stuffed animals and play. lol

One day, they spotted a baby deer huddled in a field and dogs around the deer. So one of the kids jumped down off the barn and ran out and grabbed the deer and brought him home. We had the baby deer a couple months. What an experience!! Lol ...he would wake my son up from sleep, suckling on his ear! LOL! We built a fence to keep him in and bottle bed him, but eventually found a wildlife rehabilitator. :)

Wow, that is awesome. Very cool! I suppose we did do some dangerous and risky dumb things. One time my brother and I were playing chase in the front door, through the house out the back door round about and the back door closed on one of his fingers. He held open his palm and his finger was still skin attached but laying on his palm. We asked a neighbor to drive us to the Dr Office, 5 blocks away. We left a note for our folks where we were. About 45 minutes or so our folks showed up at the Dr Office. The Doctor had already cleaned and stitched and dressed his finger. Don’t know what it cost. But a few years ago I got my own finger caught in a door one evening. Duct taped it, lol, by morning it was so swollen the tape failed. I called a Dr Office about a mile away to see if he would stitch my finger. Sure enough he did. And then in a week removed the stitches. Total Charge? $110.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i fel like i remembr having croup as an infant unless i had it again when i was older.... but mom talks about it with people who have babies who are ill sometimes as if i only had it as an infant.
i was sick for two months from the polio v. a. x. and i dont know if i remember that.
Yikes!! (the vx)

If you remember having croup, and you only had it once, it's possible your memory is correct since your mom confirms it.

Reactions: lilygrace

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that is awesome. Very cool! I suppose we did do some dangerous and risky dumb things. One time my brother and I were playing chase in the front door, through the house out the back door round about and the back door closed on one of his fingers. He held open his palm and his finger was still skin attached but laying on his palm. We asked a neighbor to drive us to the Dr Office, 5 blocks away. We left a note for our folks where we were. About 45 minutes or so our folks showed up at the Dr Office. The Doctor had already cleaned and stitched and dressed his finger. Don’t know what it cost. But a few years ago I got my own finger caught in a door one evening. Duct taped it, lol, by morning it was so swollen the tape failed. I called a Dr Office about a mile away to see if he would stitch my finger. Sure enough he did. And then in a week removed the stitches. Total Charge? $110.
Wow, those were the days when two kids could walk into a doctor's office and get treated without their parents present! Lol

Reactions: Taken

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yikes!! (the vx)

If you remember having croup, and you only had it once, it's possible your memory is correct since your mom confirms it.
i feel like ir emember them talking about how i need to get the mucus out or i wont get well. idk. but maybe that was any time. i still have issues with wanting to get mucus out. sorry thats tmi.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, those were the days when two kids could walk into a doctor's office and get treated without their parents present! Lol

I know! But we didn’t think anything of it at the time. Small community, Parents knew the other kids parents, shop keepers, teachers, local govt.s. Kids use to walk to the drug store to pay the light bill and the Water Dept. (about the size of a large closet lol) to pay the water bill. The Library was upstairs over the fire station. The fire station had space for one truck, and a small apartment where Frank the fire Chief lived. Not like today, whereby kids are driven “everywhere”.