Just fights, nothing but

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

tired of the can-can dancers, the music that has penetrated the Sanctuary's, there are no boundaries anymore, modesty erased, people that live an alternate lifestyle allowed
Careful, you are suggesting that there should be standards. Some might call you a legalists!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NOT Me, but I do stop at Stop Signs, that's not being legalistic, that being a self preservation- ist. LOL

But I do agree with you.
I guess I have too many memories of real meeting where we would wait, know, and recognize the moving of the Holy Spirit.
These days they don't even wait ..they just " pump up " the meeting with noise and lively singing and call it "God moving".
Well they do in all the churches we have tried around here.

My hubby often visits a church here or there...but I haven't gone for over a decade. I get far too disappointed. :(

Reactions: amadeus and Truth

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brakelite, God bless your wife! Tribulation is a great uniter. Our son Nathan suffered abuse in school because he was clean. He wouldn't do drugs, drink or have sex with loose girls. They called him a homo and worse. He's tall and well built and was an honors history student in high school. His history teacher doted on him and saw how he was abused. One day one of the class wise guys - you know the type - said Nathan why don't you give me a kiss, whereupon Nathan in sight of the history teacher, grabbed the would be hero by an ear and gave it a three quarter turn and held on while the little punk squealed for the teacher. The teacher said "I don't see anything" as he continued to grade papers. He remarked "I wish I had some popcorn while Nathan worked you over". Nathan is quiet and rarely told of such happenings but I basically cheered when I heard it!

For awhile we were forced to have him in a catholic private school, at the behest of the Lord I suspect, where he was systematically abused by a viscious nun who despised all protestants. Nathan refused to bow to Mary or take part in religious, blasphemous traditions. He was only about 8 then but had strength of character and was a bonefide Christian. He never told us, until way later but once this nun, sister Pauline, locked our little boy in a closet for refusing to participate in catholic rituals. It's well that I didn't know. When I hear of such child abuse it really becomes volcanic in me. Had it been a man I'd have gotten in serious trouble for fishing out I don't know what to one that would do such a thing to my small son. Nathan's prostestant school mates suffered similar distresses. Abuse and perversion toward open faced, tender hearted children is straight up evil.

We are told that all who live holy in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution and that is a guarantee. We have seen it.

I condemn no one. If God has given you a gift then praise God. There is a serious responsibility that goes with it. Amen

When we began to tell people that God had promised us a son after being childless for 14 years we were laughed at and mocked.

Doctors did tests that confirmed my wife's body to be allergic to my sperm and actually killed it on contact. They had no cure or answer. When we told about His promise they looked at us as you would a wounded or disabled puppy. But Jesus cheered us with dreams and visions. While we were waiting R. W. Schambach came to Little Rock and preached. We were in the front row center right in front of him. Amazingly he preached on Abraham and Sarah! He looked right at us as he preached. He preached and encouraged to wait on the promise. We were amazed and encouraged. The Lord had lifted our hearts. Two years later I was praying in the spirit and He gave me he interpretation telling me Martha was pregnant.

Be certain that there will be many battles in this life but if we hold onto Him we'll be guided through.

Corrie Ten Boom and her sister Betsy were great inspirations to me. If they could continue to believe God was for them in a Nazi death camp then surely in my relatively luxurious estate I can walk on.

Nathan's birthday was June 25th.

20180626_143301.jpg

Last edited:

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corrie Ten Boom and her sister Betsy were great inspirations to me.
Sometime around fifty years ago as a new Christian in my spiritual walk, I was blessed as I heard the testimony of Corrie Ten Boom in person. Now it wasn't the message that was much different in person, but her love of Jesus dispensed to all who would receive it.

Reactions: amadeus

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corrie Ten Boom and her sister Betsy were great inspirations to me.
Sometime around fifty years ago as a new Christian in my spiritual walk, I was blessed as I heard the testimony of Corrie Ten Boom in person. Now it wasn't the message that was much different in person, but her love of Jesus dispensed to all who would receive it.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I do agree with you.
I guess I have too many memories of real meeting where we would wait, know, and recognize the moving of the Holy Spirit.
These days they don't even wait ..they just " pump up " the meeting with noise and lively singing and call it "God moving".
Well they do in all the churches we have tried around here.

My hubby often visits a church here or there...but I haven't gone for over a decade. I get far too disappointed. :(

Yes, I have only experienced what I believe to be a true move of the Spirit three time's. 1st when I was drawn to the Alter in a Assembly of God church, I was completely void about anything pertaining to God! 2nd When I went to pick up my brother in law for Church, He began to tell me about a Dream, in detail. we went to Church and at the end the Pasture made an Alter Call for anyone who needed Prayer. There were about a dozen of us in line across the front, as the Pasture made his way towards my brother in law, he kinda prayed for Him and came to me, then the Pasture started to Pray for me,But stopped, and began to tell my brother in Law about His Dream, in Detail. I believe I turned white as a sheet, I could feel the Presence, I had never experienced that, I was still a babe in Christ. 3rd Later our Pasture was to teach at another Church, and had asked some of us to fast and attend this Service, while waiting for the Service to start I got down in the floor and began to pray for Him, Then It happened, I began to grown and moan, I had no clue to what was happening, of course later I understood all to well!
After that all I have seen is what most call emotionalizem ! Enough Said!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were blessed indeed. I never had such a blessing, but many years ago I purchased two of her books [The Hiding Place and Tramp for the Lord] and every once in a while I need to go back and re-read them. I am blessed each time.

Reactions: larry2