Just heard about the rosary....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Lively Stone clearly you are off track. the RC do not elevate Mary above Christ at all it's no were close to it in truth. but she does have a position and Satan will use ever opportunity to brush her out of the way.
Without Mary there would be no Christ as the Bible does explain why she said YES!
Sadly you are reading with worldly eyes not in the Spirit.
Satan has a hard time trying to destroy the truth of Christ and one of them is Mary that he has to destroy. then he can go about leading you astray with who Jesus Christ truly is.
Satan is a thief he will rob you with a bit of a diddle hear and a bit of a diddle their until you have lost track of the true foundations, there by setting you up for a lie.

I did not know who Mary really was when i was a protestant just like you i would grumble about ranting and raving about the RC nonsense until i looked deeply into what they were truly saying. then i cast aside all the stupid prejudice rubbish i had been lead to believe by poor deluded fools.
Mary took up the challenge against that bastard Satan. Hail Mary ! She is a Mother of all true Christians, praise the Lord !

I am not off track. When people pray to Mary and expect her to intercede, they are speaking over Jesus' head. It is a form of idolatry, superimposing someone or something over Him in the place He alone occupies. I am seeing this with spiritual eyes, and it is clear that Satan is obfuscating Jesus' place by causing men to laud Mary over and above what is right. Seems he is quite successful in this particular 'diddle'.

She is not my mother. She was Jesus' earthly mother. I praise God for her willingness and gracious spirit to be used by God for such a monumental task! However, I will not pray to her, as she is my sister in Christ, a woman who needed a Saviour as much as I did.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not off track. Of people pray to Mary and expect her to intercede, theya re speaking over Jesus' head. It is a form of idolatry, superimposing someone or something over Him in the place He alone occupies.

So based on the practices of uneducated Catholics, you decide to make a judgement about the doctrine they are butchering? I do not judge sola scripture based on the pewsitters in your church even though I know of many who mistakenly worship the Bible as an idol. I would hope you are able to disagree with the practice of the Rosary without citing the illiterate.

In any case, it really doesn't matter because no one is required to pray to Mary or any other saint. I just do it because her image showed up on my morning french toast and told me to do so. :)

(that was a joke, har har)

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So based on the practices of uneducated Catholics, you decide to make a judgement about the doctrine they are butchering? I do not judge sola scripture based on the pewsitters in your church even though I know of may who worship the Bible as an idol. I would hope you are able to disagree with the practice of the Rosary without citing the illiterate.

In any case, it really doesn't matter because no one is required to pray to Mary or any other saint. I do so because she showed up on my morning french toast and told me to do so. :)

Uneducated? It's the educated who are telling us this.

We are called to judge all things.

1 Corinthians 2:15 (GNT)

Whoever has the Spirit, however, is able to judge the value of everything, but no one is able to judge him.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uneducated? It's the educated who are telling us this.

We are called to judge all things.

1 Corinthians 2:15 (GNT)

Whoever has the Spirit, however, is able to judge the value of everything, but no one is able to judge him.

It is true. We are called to judge all things. However, it is not advisable to judge doctrine, practices or ideas through the understanding of people who do not know what they believe or practice.

I do not go to a Mormon to learn about Protestant doctrine. I do not consult Joe Pewsitter on the subtleties of the doctrine of the Trinity. If I am interested in the teachings of Calvin, I consult the Institutes of Religion. If you are interested in what Catholics really believe about the rosary, the best place to go is to the Catholic Catechism.

Now, many people I have talked with about Catholic practices claim that they do not want to waste time dabbling in the occult practices and teachings of Catholicism enough to actually research it, yet the same people do spend hours talking about it from their own limited point of view and knowledge base.

Hopefully, you will do the former, by researching the practice before you reject it. That is all I am saying.

Peace.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It is true. We are called to judge all things. However, it is not advisable to judge doctrine, practices or ideas through the understanding of people who do not know what they believe or practice.

I do not go to a Mormon to learn about Protestant doctrine. I do not consult Joe Pewsitter on the subtleties of the doctrine of the Trinity. If I am interested in the teachings of Calvin, I consult the Institutes of Religion. If you are interested in what Catholics really believe about the rosary, the best place to go is to the Catholic Catechism.

Now, many people I have talked with about Catholic practices claim that they do not want to dabble in the occult of Catholicism enough to actually research it, yet the same people spent hours talking about it from their own limited point of view and knowledge base.

Hopefully, you will do the former, by researching the practice before you reject it. That is all I am saying.

Peace.

If I don't run everything I hear through the scriptures, I will become confused and run the risk of following after every wind of doctrine.

I research everything I read and hear before I soundly reject it---all based on the word of God and what He tells me is right...not by what sounds right or good or what sounds wrong, but by what God's word says.

Ephesians 4:11-14 demonstrates how important it is to be well-taught by anointed men and women of God:

[sup]11[/sup] Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. [sup]12[/sup] Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. [sup]13[/sup] This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
[sup]14[/sup] Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I don't run everything I hear through the scriptures, I will become confused and run the risk of following after every wind of doctrine.

I research everything I read and hear before I soundly reject it---all based on the word of God and what He tells me is right...not by what sounds right or good or what sounds wrong, but by what God's word says.

Ephesians 4:11-14 demonstratres how important it is to be well-taught by anointed men and women of God:
[sup]11[/sup] Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. [sup]12[/sup] Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. [sup]13[/sup] This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
[sup]14[/sup] Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth.

Well, I think you are missing my point, but there is not much more I can say to clarify it.

I also view the Bible as my authority, but it cannot correctly assess any practice or teaching or idea if I do not have an accurate understanding of it.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well, I think you are missing my point, but there is not much more I can say to clarify it.

I also view the Bible as my authority, but it cannot correctly assess any practice or teaching or idea if I do not have an accurate understanding of it.

What? You can depend on the word of God to give you the correct understanding of anything! You don't come to the word with any correct understanding first. No--you allow God to teach you by His Spirit through His word.

Hebrews 4:12-13 (NLT)
[sup]12[/sup] For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. [sup]13[/sup] Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Then give me scripture for the topics that I just wrote you.

The word speaks to everything in life. You have to read it and understand it by the Holy Spirit's leading. It teaches us about holy living, sexual puity, cleanliness, Creation, about the sanctity of life and how He knows us from the womb, about killing, and about everything pertaining to life.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Fine. Does it discuss:
Gas and resources
Multiple wives
Aliens
Give me verses. You keep saying that the Bible discusses it. Fine. Give me the verses.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Fine. Does it discuss:
Gas and resources
Multiple wives
Aliens
Give me verses. You keep saying that the Bible discusses it. Fine. Give me the verses.

Read the Bible. Find out for yourself. When you allow the Holy Spirit to elucidate your thinking, He will teach you how to think about these matters and more.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Then give me the scripture for my examples! You say I don't have scriptural evidence. Well, look at you. Nothing.

I am not going to do a major search about those things for you. I have developed my biblical knowledge over a period of 50 years of walking with God and reading His word. I did my work. Now you do yours. Know Jesus Christ and read His word fervently, and He will give you EVERY answer you need. Half the fun of it is the search and seeing God lead!

Reactions: Angelina

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
You can not be dependent on Gods word for everything... Aliens; Abortion; Masturbation; Eating manners.

Hi Justinian 1,

It is so good that you are looking for answers. I don't think you would be here if you did not hope to find the answers you are looking for. You are very young, so you have plenty of time to develop in understanding. God's Word does in fact tell us about all things; but the answers are not always evident to those who have wrong motives. Spiritual knowledge needs to be spiritually discerned. God had hidden His word so that Satan would be blind, and all those who follow Satan would also be blind. God gave us skills in which to decipher His word. These skills are not available to the proud and arrogant, because sin is gained at the sacrifice of spiritual qualities; so unrepentant sinners will never understand God’s intention. You can only understand with faith; and faith can only be acquired by acknowledgment of your sinfulness and God’s mercy. These are not intellectual acknowledgements; they need to be experiential acknowledgments. Without this you will always be blind.

God taught us about aliens when He told us about lies of the enemy; God taught us about abortion when He taught us about murder; God taught us about masturbation when He taught us about lust; God taught us about eating manners when He taught us about consideration; God taught us about gas and resources when He taught us about creation; God taught us about multiple wives when He taught us about Adam and Eve… The answers are mostly right under your nose; but if you are blind you cannot see. God taught us about blindness when He taught us about Jesus and Satan. Jesus came to open the eyes of the blind; Satan comes to blind the eyes of our heart.

These are the choices in front of every person. If you want to remain blind you can; if you want your blindness to be healed, Jesus can. Every single person who becomes a Christian MUST BE HEALED of their blindness. Every single Christian experiences this miracle. This miracle cannot be seen by those who are still blind. It doesn’t matter how many times you point it out; if you cannot see you are blind. You are here because you want this condition healed. You are resisting this process; and many of us did. Trust in God. This is spiritual food; and here you must learn spiritual eating manners. If you don’t, you get no food. You are in the right place to get the help you need, and I am sure anyone here would be delighted to teach you more about the God we know and love.

God Bless
Steve

Reactions: Lively Stone