Just heard about the rosary....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
We don't need any help outside of Hoy Spirit Himself to understand scripture or to pray. Never did and never will.

You are very mistaken to believe that. So many Christians seem to think that their doctrinal and prophetic beliefs are correct and attribute it to the Spirits enlightenment and by praying. If that's so. Why is it so many Christians have such different beliefs! Correct doctrine doesn't save anyone. Correct behavior is elevated above correct doctrine. Praying and asking for the Holy Spirits enlightenment to understand scripture isn't all we need to understand it. We do need 'outside help.'

I would rather see a person say the rosary than have someone listen to a pre-tribulationist speak about the end-times!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something wrong if you believe that adhering to the practice of reciting the Rosary will earn yourself a place in heaven or that you will merit a higher degree in glory or that you become a child of Mary's along with Jesus Christ... as stated in the promises... :huh: Ohhh yeah! and...praying to Mary is not biblical...

Really!!! Do the Catholics know that... :eek:

Bless ya!!! ;)

All educated Catholics know.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
noted...

PS: please note the bottom of the page on this link... Selene gave this link to explain a brief history of the Rosary... Are you now saying that this is not true of the Catholic Church belief??? :huh:

Rosary Promise #6: "Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life." See also: 15 Promises of the Rosary...

The 15 promises of Mary is not a doctrine of the Catholic Church.

Official teachings are found in official documents - documents of Ecumenical Councils, Papal Encyclicals, Apostolic Constitutions and similar, the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Many Popes have written on the subject of the Rosary but none of them mention these supposed 15 promises of Mary.

I can't understand why you are pursuing this.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would rather see a person say the rosary than have someone listen to a pre-tribulationist speak about the end-times!

I would personally reject both of them because they are both works of man...

Shalom!!!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would personally reject both of them because they are both works of man...

Shalom!!!

So anyone who says any prayer other than that found in scripture is wrong because their prayer is a "work of man" (or in your case "a work of woman").

Please God help me to be a better person - - A WORK OF MAN

Please God cure my father of cancer - -A WORK OF MAN

Please God help me with this exam - - A WORK OF MAN

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Praying is never wrong...praying to Mary or other believers who have already gone into heaven - not biblical. Pre-tribbers who believe that they will be raptured before the Tribulation? - pure theory... :)

Shalom!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like it is pretty important for you to hang on to your ideas about the Rosary, Angelina. All of your concerns have been addressed, yet you continue to repeat your same old ideas...

Jesus, Himself, talked to Elijah and Moses during the Transfiguration - they were no longer alive on Earth, yet He talked with them. They had to be part of the Body and in Heaven - Jesus is not a necromancer.

But don't let that stop you from deciding that talking with the majority of the Body of Christ in Heaven isn't Biblical.....

Like Mungo, I am not sure why you seems to care about this so much.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus, Himself, talked to Elijah and Moses during the Transfiguration - they were no longer alive on Earth, yet He talked with them. They had to be part of the Body and in Heaven - Jesus is not a necromancer.

Okay...so if Jesus talked to Moses and Elijah, then it is okay for anyone to talk to people who are now in heaven? I can now have a conversation with my dead father who is in heaven??? Is that what you are saying???Christians can talk to anyone [Christian] who have gone into heaven like Jesus talked to Elijah??? does your minister preach that in your Church??? :huh:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...so if Jesus talked to Moses and Elijah, then it is okay for anyone to talk to people who are now in heaven? I can now have a conversation with my dead father who is in heaven??? Is that what you are saying???Christians can talk to anyone [Christian] who have gone into heaven like Jesus talked to Elijah??? does your minister preach that in your Church??? :huh:

You said it wasn't in the Bible - you were wrong. Paul tells us that death doesn't separate us from the love of God and that we are part of one body - why shouldn't we talk with the rest of our own Body? Yes - the Catholic Church teaches that we can talk with saints in Heaven.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So you are saying then that we can talk to people who have gone into heaven and your Minister agrees with you??? I can now talk to my Father who has gone into heaven??? :huh:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying then that we can talk to people who have gone into heaven and your Minister agrees with you??? I can now talk to my Father who has gone into heaven??? :huh:

Was your father a Christian? If so, yes. And my priest would agree that we have access to all saints (all people who are redeemed). Did you not know that Catholics have believed this since the first century? There are pictures on the Catacomb walls that show families taking to their loved ones.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
nuff said... :huh:

Blessings!!!

Hello Angelina ! I have not joined this post nor read about it. I just want to say I have enjoyed in all your sharing in this forum. I know you are in the ministry of healing and deliverance. Your spirit of discernment in spiritual warfare is truly very intuitive and surely a wonderful gift from the lord. I only know one other person in real life that shares your type in ministry, he resides in Toronto. Christianity in the place where I'm from is still at it's infancy stage despite our first church build dated back in 1842. As I have said in my first post as a newbie not long ago, I am still a milk fed Christian. Everyone is my mentor in this web but I can relate to you more, somehow. Well I'll let you continue with your discussion.

God Bless You!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Ch_10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;

Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Talking to ghosts a dangerous and foolish thing.

In All His love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ch_10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;

Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Talking to ghosts a dangerous and foolish thing.

In All His love

Yeah, it was foolish to build a home for a person who dwells in Heaven.

romans7

May 30, 2012
In all my years of bible pondering, the only mention I see of Mary is that she was Jesus' mother. Unless we want to connect her with the discussion about the general position of women in terms of discipleship or etc. then there is no position or doctrine to make mention of in relation to Mary. I apologise to any catholic readers and respect the genuine faith they may hold in Christ.

Yes, Mary is "asleep" just as Lazarus was "asleep" and all those who died in Christ are "asleep". (dead).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all my years of bible pondering, the only mention I see of Mary is that she was Jesus' mother. Unless we want to connect her with the discussion about the general position of women in terms of discipleship or etc. then there is no position or doctrine to make mention of in relation to Mary. I apologise to any catholic readers and respect the genuine faith they may hold in Christ.

Yes, Mary is "asleep" just as Lazarus was "asleep" and all those who died in Christ are "asleep". (dead).

Time is an illusion caused by the stretching of space - we are being born, dying, and kneeling before the throne of God all at the same time.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Asleep ??

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

It all changed at His resurection.

In all His Love

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello Angelina ! I have not joined this post nor read about it. I just want to say I have enjoyed in all your sharing in this forum. I know you are in the ministry of healing and deliverance. Your spirit of discernment in spiritual warfare is truly very intuitive and surely a wonderful gift from the lord. I only know one other person in real life that shares your type in ministry, he resides in Toronto. Christianity in the place where I'm from is still at it's infancy stage despite our first church build dated back in 1842. As I have said in my first post as a newbie not long ago, I am still a milk fed Christian. Everyone is my mentor in this web but I can relate to you more, somehow. Well I'll let you continue with your discussion.

God Bless You!

Thank you dear brother... :) it's an honor to share the things on this forum that God has shown me over the years. May the Lord continue to direct your steps as you grow and mature according to his leading, in Jesus name!

Blessings!!!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

This is a grave misconception of God's kingdom. Since when is a soul "dead" in Heaven???? In other words, if your father is in Heaven, how is he dead???? In our Christian belief, death does not exist in God's kingdom....only eternal life. All spirits in Heaven (including the angels) are alive and have eternal life. And yes, because they are alive and have eternal life, we can speak to them.