Just noticed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a shame the concept of brotherly Christian love is so distorted today that one who professes to be a Christian insults those with whom he disagrees and is actually PRAISED by others who profess the same! Can you imagine Jesus on the Cross announcing to the crowds, "Hey you Jewish JERKS, I see that My precious attention has been wasted on you all, so I think I'll just wash My hands of the whole lot of you."

No, Jesus wept over those "Jewish Jerks", "Oh Jerusalem...how often I would have gathered thy children together...! and continued to extend mercy to those "jerks" even after they rejected and crucified Him by the hands of the Romans, for the prophecy of the 70 Weeks which began in 457 B.C. at the decree of Artaxerxes in his seventh year reign, still had another 3 1/2 years to go, seeing that Jesus was "cut off" during the "midst of the week" - the 70th week. Thank you Jesus for being the example of true unconditional Christian love for us to shoot for and not leaving us only to that of blasphemous popes or pastors - what a pitifully low aim they'd make for us.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a shame the concept of brotherly Christian love is so distorted today that one who professes to be a Christian insults those with whom he disagrees and is actually PRAISED by others who profess the same! Can you imagine Jesus on the Cross announcing to the crowds, "Hey you Jewish JERKS, I see that My precious attention has been wasted on you all, so I think I'll just wash My hands of the whole lot of you."

No, Jesus wept over those "Jewish Jerks", "Oh Jerusalem...how often I would have gathered thy children together...! And also He even continued to extend mercy to those "Jewish Jerks" even after they rejected and crucified Him by the hands of the Romans, for the prophecy of the 70 Weeks which began in 457 B.C. at the decree of Artaxerxes in his seventh year reign, still had another 3 1/2 years to go, seeing that Jesus was "cut off" during the "midst of the week" - the 70th week. Thank you Jesus for being the example of true unconditional Christian love for us to shoot for and not leaving to us leaving us only to that of blasphemous popes or pastors - what a pitifully low aim they'd make for us.
Have you ever wondered why Jesus called James and John 'sons of thunder' ?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Isa 52 6-10

6 "Therefore my people shall know My name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am He that doth speak: behold, it is I.
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.
9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted His people, He hath redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord hath made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."

This is more by grace-like, because three dimentional, earthly x timely x human-Divine perception and 'speaking', because it's holy Scripture.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture, here! where you can know there are, this, unkind, you's and your's feelings.

I wouldn’t include scripture to support tying your shoe either.........being a scripture monkey doesn’t require you to internalize the teachings

Reactions: Willie T

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth (like when Aspen calls those with whom Aspen disagrees "jerks"), but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29 KJV

I disagree with most people here - i am Catholic! Most people are not jerks

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have been focusing on the jerks on this board for too long. This thread is dedicated to those who advocated for love and read scripture through the lens of love and those who encourage the Body. We are the majority here

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Reactions: quietthinker