Just Praise His Great Name

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
[font="arial]"Just Praise His Great Name"[/font]

[font="Arial"]By Zach Wood[/font]

Psalm 93

I would like to ask you a question. How often do you find yourself alone with God in prayer and, instead of bringing Him requests and concerns, just giving Him praise? I found myself sitting down the other night and really convicted of this thought. I had earlier that evening listened to Natalie Grant's new song "Your Great Name" and the words just stuck with me all evening. If you have a chance, please take a few moments and listen to the song on-line. It is a powerful song with beautiful lyrics praising our God.

I shared with my wife how often, as Christians, we bring so many requests and petitions to God, but how seldom we seem to do nothing but just bring praise and adoration into prayer time to Jesus Christ for Who He is. Have you done this lately? I am in no way saying our prayers, concerns and petitions for things going on in our lives and other people's lives is not important. What I am saying is that we tend to be so focused on things we need and how we desire God to answer our prayers that I believe we fail to just spend time doing nothing but praising Him for being God. Just taking time to give Him praise and thanking Him for being the Alpha and Omega.

Read through this Psalm and just let the words remind you of His Greatness and Mighty Strength. He is a powerful God and deserves our praise. I encourage each one of us to not only take time to bring our concerns before Him, but also just have some time dedicated to do nothing but praise Him and adore Him for being our Lord and Savior. How often we get so focused on the concerns and forget to just simply praise Him. Yes, He very much desires to hear our prayers and petitions, but I also believe He desires to hear us just giving Him praise solely for Who He is. I am sharing this devotional because I felt strongly in my heart about it and wanted to share it with you all.

May God be praised and adored in your prayer life. I encourage you to just simply make some time to do nothing but lift up praise and glory to Him for being God.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Psalm 93

I would like to ask you a question. How often do you find yourself alone with God in prayer and, instead of bringing Him requests and concerns, just giving Him praise? I found myself sitting down the other night and really convicted of this thought. I had earlier that evening listened to Natalie Grant's new song "Your Great Name" and the words just stuck with me all evening. If you have a chance, please take a few moments and listen to the song on-line. It is a powerful song with beautiful lyrics praising our God.

I shared with my wife how often, as Christians, we bring so many requests and petitions to God, but how seldom we seem to do nothing but just bring praise and adoration into prayer time to Jesus Christ for Who He is. Have you done this lately? I am in no way saying our prayers, concerns and petitions for things going on in our lives and other people's lives is not important. What I am saying is that we tend to be so focused on things we need and how we desire God to answer our prayers that I believe we fail to just spend time doing nothing but praising Him for being God. Just taking time to give Him praise and thanking Him for being the Alpha and Omega.

Read through this Psalm and just let the words remind you of His Greatness and Mighty Strength. He is a powerful God and deserves our praise. I encourage each one of us to not only take time to bring our concerns before Him, but also just have some time dedicated to do nothing but praise Him and adore Him for being our Lord and Savior. How often we get so focused on the concerns and forget to just simply praise Him. Yes, He very much desires to hear our prayers and petitions, but I also believe He desires to hear us just giving Him praise solely for Who He is. I am sharing this devotional because I felt strongly in my heart about it and wanted to share it with you all.

May God be praised and adored in your prayer life. I encourage you to just simply make some time to do nothing but lift up praise and glory to Him for being God.

Along time ago my wife and I were just jumping with joy over how Jesus had just touched a man who needed his touch badly. Jesus spoke to us and told us to invite him to be with us when we were joyful. He told us he wants to share our joys, and not always come when we were sad and hurting.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read through this Psalm and just let the words remind you of His Greatness and Mighty Strength. He is a powerful God and deserves our praise.

Amen and amen! :lol:

Psalm 103
[sup]1[/sup] Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
[sup]2[/sup] Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
[sup]3[/sup] Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
[sup]4[/sup] Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
[sup]5[/sup] Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

[sup]6[/sup] The LORD executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
[sup]7[/sup] He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
[sup]8[/sup] The LORD is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
[sup]9[/sup] He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
[sup]10[/sup] He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.

[sup]11[/sup] For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
[sup]12[/sup] As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
[sup]13[/sup] As a father pities his children,
So the LORD pities those who fear Him.
[sup]14[/sup] For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

[sup]15[/sup] As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
[sup]16[/sup] For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
[sup]17[/sup] But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
[sup]18[/sup] To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.

[sup]19[/sup] The LORD has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.

[sup]20[/sup] Bless the LORD, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
[sup]21[/sup] Bless the LORD, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
[sup]22[/sup] Bless the LORD, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.

Bless the LORD, O my soul!

Hallelujah!!!
smiley-happy093.gif
smiley-happy032.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, Almighty! Who was, who is, who is to come!" - Rev. 4:8

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm partial to Psalm 139, myself.

Ha! Enjoy!

Ps 139:1 to get a link, let's see if it will work...

Cobbler

Jan 24, 2011

Psalm 93

Great post. Spot on!!! :D