Just want to say...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Daffodil

Apr 29, 2016
I read this statement in a thread that is now locked, and I want to respond to it.

"I don't think that the Immaculate conception or purgatory are supported by scripture but, neither do I find scriptural support for the widely held Protestant dogmas like the "rapture" or "once saved, always saved."

Just because the word "rapture" isn't actually used in the Bible doesn't mean that it isn't mentioned. It is, in 2 Thessalonians 2:1: "When our Lord Jesus returns, we will be gathered up to meet him." This, my friends, is what people nowadays call the "rapture".

As far as "once saved, always saved" is concerned, I don't believe that is entirely true, but I also believe that there is only ONE way that a person can "lose" their salvation, and that is to WILLINGLY AND KNOWINGLY reject Christ. As long as we accept Christ and trust in Him, and always continue to do so, we will always be saved.