Justified Away From Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My friend, I did not say the KJV was wrong. I said that in this place, they didn't translate, they substituted a word.

Much love!

When you correct the KJV, you are setting yourself up as the authority over it.
Let me help you to understand that it corrects you, you don't correct it.
That Bible has caused more people to be saved, through the preaching of it, then all other bibles combined.
The Preaching of the KJV has caused all the major revivals.
I will wager that you were brought to God through the Preaching of the KVJ.

The KJV is the only bible that is allowed to be printed for free.
There is no charge, no one has to pay money to print a KJV.
Its FREE to the entire world, for 400+ yrs, to print and give away, as the word of God is to be freely given.

So, here is the value of your Thread.
You are proclaiming yourself to be the authority, by correcting the KJV.
You have corrected it. You have done this. You did it in public.
Why is this wrong?
How many reasons do you need, that you can't already realize, Marks?

God does not call bible correctors.
He calls us to lead people to believe his word.
So, im pretty certain that you can understand that when you cast doubt on the infallibility of the Word, by CORRECTING IT with Greek that you can't actually read, especially fluently, then you are actually correcting it with someone else's interpretation of a Greek word, which is actually worse.

What is the final result of this Thread?
It will cause Doubt.......doubt of the word.
That's what you've committed.

Be advised that that is a foul ministry that you do not want to continue to pursue.

I just wrote a Thread about this behavior, and where it started.
I'll post it now.
Check it out when you have time.

<B><

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not let this become a KJV-Only thread.

Please.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I am wrong about that, but say for instance, sexual urges: I don't think any amount of "believing" is going to deal with it. If you truly want to bring it under, it will take action; it will take fasting it down to where the sex drive utterly diminishes physically. See what I mean?

Sexual sin is very interesting to me in that it is different, the one who commits sexual sin sins against their own body. So what do we know about our bodies and sexual sin?

Reward circuits in the brain build and reinforce according to our behaviors and results, and sex is an especially powerful stimulus. So strong neural pathways are built with voracious appetites for Dopamine and such, creating strong drives and cravings for those behaviors and thoughts, feelings, all of it.

If you do the thing, the brain wires itself around it. If you stop doing the thing, and start doing something else, your brain will wire itself around that new thing, and here's the catch, it takes time. Sometimes it can take a long time. So we trust that in Jesus' death we've become someone new, who is not ruled by that corrupt flesh, while brain plasticity starts to make our lives a little easier.

But even so, as I've learned in the Bible, and in my life, that by faith we can overcome anything. That doesn't always mean I won't feel the cravings or temptations, but it does mean that I actually can walk in triumph at all times, knowing I am free, and therefore behaving as a free man behaves.

The battle is in the mind, the thoughts we think, which ones we allow. Either from the flesh mind, or the spirit mind. Becoming consistent in the spirit mind is what I think renewing the mind means. And we do our part in learning about God.

To see Him is to become like Him, when His Spirit lives in us.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reward circuits in the brain build and reinforce according to our behaviors and results, and sex is an especially powerful stimulus. So strong neural pathways are built with voracious appetites for Dopamine and such, creating strong drives and cravings for those behaviors and thoughts, feelings, all of it.

If you do the thing, the brain wires itself around it. If you stop doing the thing, and start doing something else, your brain will wire itself around that new thing, and here's the catch, it takes time. Sometimes it can take a long time. So we trust that in Jesus' death we've become someone new, who is not ruled by that corrupt flesh, while brain plasticity starts to make our lives a little easier.

Well, I do think the body can be trained somewhat, but what we are talking about in the male anatomy especially is testosterone build up, and I don't think any amount of renewed thinking or training without reducing it will have the effect of bringing victory. I think it is a physical problem and must be dealt with on the physical plane. But I understand what you are saying.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello, Behold. I know this may be hard for you to believe, but if I didn't correct the KJV there would be entire passages and books of the Bible that I would still be in the dark about, because the KJV readings are corrupt in numerous places, and completely distort and twist what the apostles were trying to say. Make the Lord your God instead of a translation. If you unite the two together, you set yourself up for error.

God bless, and hope you are well.
- H

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Justified = Just-as-if-I'd never sinned. Anybody else heard that one? I was taught it as a new Christian.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Bible has caused more people to be saved, through the preaching of it, then all other bibles combined.
The Preaching of the KJV has caused all the major revivals.
I will wager that you were brought to God through the Preaching of the KVJ.

The KJV is the only bible that is allowed to be printed for free.
There is no charge, no one has to pay money to print a KJV.
Its FREE to the entire world, for 400+ yrs, to print and give away, as the word of God is to be freely given.

So, here is the value of your Thread.
You are proclaiming yourself to be the authority, by correcting the KJV.
You have correct it. You have done this. You did it in public.
Why is this wrong?
How many reasons do you need, that you can't already realize, Marks?

God does not call bible correctors.
He calls us to lead people to believe his word.
So, im pretty certain that you can understand that when you cast doubt on the infallibility of the Word, by CORRECTING IT with Greek that you can't actually read, especially fluently, then you are actually correcting it with someone else's interpretation of a Greek word, which is actually worse.

What is the final result of this Thread?
It will cause Doubt.......doubt of the word.
That's what you've committed.

Be advised that that is a foul ministry that you do not want to continue to pursue.

I just wrote a Thread about this behavior, and where it started.
I'll post it now.
Check it out when you have time.

<B><
I have had to look up many words in the Strongs concordance to gain a better understanding of a scripture...
Whose name is on the KJV Bible?
King James's....so King James had the original writings translated to his language.
This is only Bible I had studied growing up but now I have become interested more in understanding the original writing of scripture and have found myself rethinking what I thought a scripture was saying.
It's wisdom to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Word to you as you read it.
God Bless

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I do think the body can be trained somewhat, but what we are talking about in the male anatomy especially is testosterone build up, and I don't think any amount of renewed thinking or training without reducing it will have the effect of bringing victory. I think it is a physical problem and must be dealt with on the physical plane. But I understand what you are saying.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Maybe give it some thought . . .

Much love!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justified = Just-as-if-I'd never sinned. Anybody else heard that one? I was taught it as a new Christian.
I have, and I think it's a good way to understand justification. That's how complete our reconciliation is.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Maybe give it some thought . . .

Well I hate to keep being contrarian, but the proper translation should be "casting down arguments" there. It's about defending the faith in public debate against the lies of its enemies, not putting down personal thoughts. But I appreciate the scripture. That's what I like about our talks these days. Always about the word, not just random tweets back and forth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I hate to keep being contrarian, but the proper translation should be "casting down arguments" there. It's about defending the faith in public debate against the lies of its enemies, not putting down personal thoughts. But I appreciate the scripture. That's what I like about our talks these days. Always about the word, not just random tweets back and forth.

Casting down arguments, reasonings, imaginations, taking literally every mind captive to the obedience of Christ.

Liberty in the spirit is a mind taken captive. I do that one thought at a time.

This is where I find liberty. The body my continue with its lusts and all, but I have liberty from that. I may physically feel a certain way, induced by any number of physical factors, but as I trust in Jesus, these do not impact my emotional equalibrium or my ability to keep my way pure, or my rejoicing in God, or any of this spiritual fruit.

It's good stuff! I enjoy the time we spend together!

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Let's not let this become a KJV-Only thread.

Please.

Much love!

You are the person that decided to bring up the KJV and correct it.
So, now you don't want to discuss what you did,?

That wont work.

Understand, this a Thread created to correct the KJV.
You're not qualified to correct any bible, including the one you decided to correct in a public Thread.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hello, Behold. I know this may be hard for you to believe, but if I didn't correct the KJV there would be entire passages and books of the Bible that I would still be in the dark about, because the KJV readings are corrupt
- H

You have been taught by whatever cultist that you follow that "there are errors".
Yet the very person, group, or denomination, that taught you this, can't understand "Salvation", as provided by God's Grace, without works, or water.
So, when you are being taught that the KJV is "full of errors" by teachers who are full of errors, then what do you think has happened to your understanding, ?
Its full of error.
See, error begats error.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have had to look up many words in the Strongs concordance to gain a better understanding of a scripture...
Whose name is on the KJV Bible?
King James's....so King James had the original writings translated to his language.
This is only Bible I had studied growing up but now I have become interested more in understanding the original writing of scripture and have found myself rethinking what I thought a scripture was saying.
It's wisdom to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Word to you as you read it.
God Bless

Thank you for your opinion.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been taught by whatever cultist that you follow that "there are errors".

I don't follow anybody.
Yet the very person, group, or denomination, that taught you this, can't understand "Salvation", as provided by God's Grace, without works, or water. So, when you are being taught that the KJV is "full of errors" by teachers who are full of errors, then what do you think has happened to your understanding, ?
Its full of error.

No, no. I haven't been taught by anyone. I don't subscribe to any denominational line, and my doctrines are my own.

But thanks for the reply.

God bless, and have a good day.
- H

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't follow anybody.
No, no. I haven't been taught by anyone.
- H

So , for your entire Christian Life, you've never had a single teacher, ..... until you met me here.

You've never had a Preacher from a Pulpit give you one sermon, not one ????
No one on Television or on Radio, or on DVD... or online of a SITE...ever taught you even once?
You've had nothing, but a bible and you.... all of your Christian life, till you read me here?

Ok, if that is your honest answer.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So , for your entire Christian Life, you've never had a single teacher, ..... until you met me here.

You've never had a Preacher from a Pulpit give you one sermon, not one ????
No one on Television or on Radio, or on DVD... or online of a SITE...ever taught you even once?
You've had nothing, but a bible and you.... all of your Christian life, till you read me here?

Ok, if that is your honest answer.

Certainly I have listened to many teachers and preachers, yes. But as far as them actually teaching me anything I didn't know already, about 95-97% of them didn't actually TEACH me anything, any more than you have. I don't mean this to be insulting, Behold, but since I am obliged to speak the truth with you if we are going to have any genuine relationship at all, there is not a single thing you have ever taught me. It's all grade school stuff to me; stuff I learned 30 years ago. See, someone can teach another person 2+2= 4 all day long, but that doesn't mean they are actually teaching them anything, just doing a lot of repeating the same things over and over. As for what I was telling you, no one has taught me those things. So yes, that is my honest answer before the Lord Jesus Christ.

Have a blessed day. I'm sort of in and out lately, but I'll try to catch up with you later maybe.

God bless,
- H

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much for this thread!

We're going to turn a thread about how God has given us true and lasting freedom from sin into a KJV/Only, or is it, Inerrant KJV thread.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much for this thread...

Sorry to see it happen to you, brother.

Threads take on a life of their own sometimes.

travel-tourism-diver-diving-diving_suits-divers_suits-ship-ggm090530_low.jpg

Reactions: marks