justify v. condemn

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who has the power to justify and condemn? in the Kingdom of God we know, but what of the world or even one's own self?

do we not seek to justify within our selves and to others when necessary, that which we do and think, and condemn that which we disagree with or is contrary to what we desire.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who has the power to justify and condemn? in the Kingdom of God we know, but what of the world or even one's own self?

do we not seek to justify within our selves and to others when necessary, that which we do and think, and condemn that which we disagree with or is contrary to what we desire.
I believe in Romans alone 11 times the Author states Christ justifies us?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in Romans alone 11 times the Author states Christ justifies us?

what justifies you to be in the kingdom of God is a no brainer, this is about the justification and condemnation that occupies the mind and heart constantly. from having an ice cream to moving to another country or sitting on a jury. one must justify every action or decision. Or condemn it as not valid in respect to what is preserved as good for or not good for.

hence one should consider that the fulfillment of the Word of God in man is justified.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One can disagree without condemning.

Reactions: dev553344

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how is that?

what gray area are you trying to justify?

Gray areas are just that- areas where each and every believer has liberty to do or not do as God has moved their conscience.

But I can disagree with you say on the timing of the second coming of Jesus without condemning. Maybe I am not sure what your point truly is.

If one has liberty to drink and do nto get drunk- there is no need to justify or condemn for example.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what justifies you to be in the kingdom of God is a no brainer, this is about the justification and condemnation that occupies the mind and heart constantly. from having an ice cream to moving to another country or sitting on a jury. one must justify every action or decision. Or condemn it as not valid in respect to what is preserved as good for or not good for.

hence one should consider that the fulfillment of the Word of God in man is justified.
My intent was to help you get your thread started.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gray areas are just that- areas where each and every believer has liberty to do or not do as God has moved their conscience.
moved their conscience? don't have to have one first? just what is a conscience anyway?

But I can disagree with you say on the timing of the second coming of Jesus without condemning. Maybe I am not sure what your point truly is.
how do you know you disagree with me on the second coming? its either justified by whatever justifies it for you or not, otherwise condemned, yea, or nay, thumbs up, thumbs down.

If one has liberty to drink and do nto get drunk- there is no need to justify or condemn for example.

see, you're already justifying drinking without getting drunk, and condemning what would be excess in your judgement.

you justify the simplest of things like paying for Netflix, or you condemn the idea in your own mind of paying for such a thing. you have reasons for just about everything you expect to encounter in your life and those are either justifications or condemnations. and you can bet most of the condemnations have justification to condemn.

one has a justification in their mind and or heart to do what they agree to do. even if its immoral.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you know you disagree with me on the second coming? its either justified by whatever justifies it for you or not, otherwise condemned, yea, or nay, thumbs up, thumbs down.

That was just used as an example. I need your definition of condemn (ed) then.

see, you're already justifying drinking without getting drunk, and condemning what would be excess in your judgement.

What the bible condemns we should as well. and the bible commands against getting drunk!

I understand condemn as the basic dictionary definition:

condemn
[kənˈdem]
VERB
  1. express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justified is the actions of a Saint. That way we're not being condemned by our actions. Condemn is what courts do, to put a person to have a criminal record for the rest of their lives and make it hard to be part of society again. That is holding something against someone for the rest of their lives.

I agree with @Ronald Nolette in that we can disagree without condemning. That's what teachers must do to teach children. They must often disagree without condemning to allow for the healthy growth of the student. And that's what makes a good teacher.