JW's, SDA's, Unitarians and Mormons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you expect when your question was EXTREMELY vague. lol

"How about learning about non-SDA beliefs?"

I think you're trying to start an argument. lol
I'll be direct here:

You call me and many others members of "cults", despite my belief in Jesus Christ as the divine Son of God and salvation in faith through Him. Now, obviously I'm going to keep following my Savior regardless of anything you or any other man thinks. But I am going to speak out how having the "cult" slander term thrown about casts a negative impression on you and your beliefs. Obviously I acknowledge that you're probably going to continue doing whatever, regardless of me, but just fyi.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll be direct here:

You call me and many others members of "cults",despite my belief in Jesus Christ as the divine Son of God and salvation in faith through Him. Now, obviously I'm going to keep following my Savior regardless of anything you or any other man thinks. But I am going to speak out how having the "cult" slander term thrown about casts a negative impression on you and your beliefs.
Is Michael your God? Yes or no?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you hear me when I explain how your use of the slander term "cultist" cast a negative impression of you and your beliefs?
I already explained. I term those who deny Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal as cults.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll be direct here:

You call me and many others members of "cults", despite my belief in Jesus Christ as the divine Son of God and salvation in faith through Him. Now, obviously I'm going to keep following my Savior regardless of anything you or any other man thinks. But I am going to speak out how having the "cult" slander term thrown about casts a negative impression on you and your beliefs. Obviously I acknowledge that you're probably going to continue doing whatever, regardless of me, but just fyi.
Do you believe that Jesus is God Almighty? Do you believe you're a god?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No: as already explained several times.
Do you believe in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus taught?

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the cults use "symbolic" they are attacking the Bible!
This verse:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Is the word "Dragon" used as a symbolic name of someone, or is there a natural lizard fighting in Heaven?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus taught?

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Yes I believe Rev 20:10, however with a different interpretation than commonly used by Protestants.
I also do not find passing a theology test on this belief to be one essential for one's salvation.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Is the word "Dragon" used as a symbolic name of someone, or is there a natural lizard fighting in Heaven?
Satanic cults are obsessed with using the term "symbolic" when they are challenging what God said.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe Rev 20:10, however with a different interpretation than commonly used by Protestants.
I also do not find passing a theology test on this belief to be one essential for one's salvation.
So you believe people will be tormented day and night forever and ever in the everlasting fire? I think you're being evasive.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... that was a very interesting article... @Mungo ... I have used this word... and probably mis-used this word.
To me... the definition of a cult ( as I know it )... is any religious organization that professes to have a spiritual leader who is NOT Jesus Christ. ( someone who professes to be God... or the enlightened one ).

That comment will get me in hot water but I am not going to argue... I am not one to study the different religions of the world... and by the state of these "Christian " forums... we have our own mess to clean up... So much bickering and back-biting... Rather unattractive.

Hi Addy,
I agree. The word "cult" has been tossed around so carelessly. I
m with you, it's people like David Koresh, or Jim Jones, Charles Manson, several others too. I would even call Hitler's regime a cult as...the propaganda was nothing more than brainwashing, kind of like our cable "news".

xo

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe people will be tormented day and night forever and ever in the everlasting fire? I think you're being evasive.
kcnalp; I don't find any verse in the Bible that states "in order to be saved, a person must believe that not believers are sent to a literal barbeque for forever". Can you provide me such a verse?

Status
Not open for further replies.